I went to Lowes's this morning to purchase a Gibraltar Mailbox which Lowe's inventory showed that there were 4 on hand at the James Island SC store. After store employees and myself searched it was resolved that there were zero on hand.The employee and a manager at the front desk said that I could order it on-line (they said I could not order it in the store) and they would deliver it to the store.

I went home and ordered it on line paying for it. I just received a call from the Lowes on James Island that they do not have it on hand, which I already knew. They said that they had it at their Mt. Pleasant SC store (20 miles away) which I already knew as well.

The order was transferred to the Mt Pleasant location which I concurred with because I needed the mailbox. What frustrates me about the whole thing, is the wrong inventory at James Island, Being told that I can order it on line (which I thought I was doing) and that it would be delivered at the store. Finding out that I have to drive 40 miles round trip to fill my order which I could have done in the beginning. A manager and floor employee both told me I could order it on line and have it delivered at the store.

The service I have received is poor. I called Mt Pleasant Lowes and they said they could not deliver it to the other store. When I go to the Lowes site for the item it specifically says I can order it and would be delivered to the store (James Island) at no cost for delivery.

End of story. Not end of frustration with poor business practices.

User's recommendation: Everything is not what it seems.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Charleston, South Carolina