Highland Mills, New York

I recently visited Lowes in Newton NJ (twice) to purchase a dishwasher and over the range microwave. I work in the corporate office for a rather large retailer and frankly, I am shocked at the service I received!

Lowes latest commercials "suggest" that they will deliver, install and remove an existing appliance from your home for free. On two separate occasions I attempted to make two large appliance purchases. I was going to be charged for two separate installations - no deal was willing to be made because "I was not spending enough money" and the purchases could not be combined. My second attempt, I requested that one be installed and one be delivered.

Again hit with not 2 but 3 separate fees. Installation Fee, Delivery Fee and I had to buy an installation kit - whether or not I really needed it. Again no deal could be made because I was not spending the threshold amount of money.

When I told the associate that I was re-modeling my entire house and would go to another retailer - the associate had no problem with me leaving the store and didnt even attempt to contact a manger to see what could be done.

Review about: Lowes Installation.

Comments

Clonmel, Tipperary, Ireland #25798

nothing is free, stop trying to get everything for free, leaches, complain complain and lie to get any discount. no wonder our civilization is so screwed up. everyone is trying to take advantage or say I'll go elsewhere, thinking everyone is going to give them the world.

Corinda, Queensland, Australia #25058

Hey....where's the *** who signs in as Lowes Knows with his "lawsuits" one line comment on this one? Seems like that is his "catchphrase" in this forum. Just remember, he's just a pissed off ex-employee no doubt who can think of nothing meaningful to say.

Hanover, Virginia, United States #20452

That wasn't my experience. I bought a new refrigerator last Friday night before the store closed and I was happy to be told my new refrigerator would be delivered Sunday AM as I asked.

It showed up, nice guys hooked it up and removed the old one. I'd buy again.