Last weekend I was shopping at the Lowe's store located at 1651 Pine Island Road in Cape Coral, FL and I asked an employee for help. I wanted to buy one shingle to finish my roof project and the employee told me Lowes does not sell individual shingles, only by the bundle.

I showed him several open bundles of shingles an asked why I couldn't buy one shingle since the bundle was already open and some were missing. He told me he would check with the manager, then made a call. He could not get the manager to call him back and a second employee came along and told me the same thing. Shingles can only be purchased by the bundle.

Once again, I asked to speak to the manager, and was told that the manager said the store could not sell me one shingle! This makes no sense to me, as who is going to buy a bundle of shingles that is not full! I'm wondering: What in the world Lowe's does with all these nonsalable, incomplete bundles? I come from a different part of the country, and our Lowe's stores have the "customer satisfaction" policy.

If they couldn't SELL me one shingle because of company policy, they would GIVE me one to keep a regular Lowe's customer happy and COMING BACK.

Since I received absolutely no satisfaction, I pushed my cart off t the side of the checkout lane, left the store, and headed for Home Depot. Lowe's has not earned my loyalty and I won't be back!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Better customer service, better manager communication.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 27, 2017.

Comments

Shingles are sold by the bundle. As soon as you start selling singles from damaged bundles people will tear open bundles, claiming there are damaged bundles so they can buy a single.

Have you ever gone into the grocery store and tried to buy 1 egg, a slice of bread etc. It's no different, shingles are sold by the bundle just like bread is sold by the loaf.