Lowes installed new vinyl flooring in my kitchen and dining room, and new carpeting in two of my upstairs bed rooms and my hallway. The installer came three days late, claiming he had a funeral to go to.

OK I can understand that, but he couldn't possibly have been their only installer. I had to take time of from work to be home for this installation. When he finally did show up, supposedly on the day his monther-in-law was buried. He rushed through the job, and got glue on the vinyl flooring in the both the kitchen and the dining room, and did not install the threshold between the two rooms.

Nor was the metal triom installed at the doorways. The carpeting upstairs was cut crooked and the baseboards were not reinstalled, and the metal trims were not installed at the doorways. After many, many complaints, and finally going to the store and standing in the store and yelling at the top of my lungs, did I finally get someone out to inspect the job done by their "qualified" installer. The supervisor lamented about the terrible installation job done by the sub-contractor, assuring me he was NOT an employee of Lowes.

As such they had no controll over their work, but Lowes stands behind their installation, so it would be fixed or replaced. It never was. That was in the year 2000. I have since sold that house and it is still not corrected.

I would never use Lowes for installation for anything, not even a nail. I buy nothing there that costs more than $25.00 now. They got all the money they will ever get out of me.

I now shop at HOME DEPOT! By the way this was the Lowes in Kingston, NY.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 27, 2010.

Comments

big ben

I am commenting on Connie's comment. There are internet prices and in store prices.

I am sure lowes doesnt care if you ever come back. They were trying to help you

I used to shop at Lowes until they ripped me off also. I bought some decorative rock to build a flower bed.

I looked this rock up on their website before I went there and I wish I had printed the ad. On the website it showed the rock being one price and after I went there and ordered over 50 of these rocks and they had them loaded in my truck I went to pay for them and I noticed the price was a little steep. I ask the cashier why this bill was so high and as we started going over it I noticed the price of the rocks and I went on to tell her what the price was online and she had me to step off to the side of her register while she called the manager and little did I know that while I was standing there getting pissed because it was taking so long they had contacted their corporate office and had them to change the price before I could call my husband and get him to print the ad for me. And just like you I am no longer a Lowes shopper.

I have been in that store one time in ten years and that was to get a gift card for a family member.

I am now a Home Depot shopper. And this Lowes was in Florence,Kentucky