I bought a washer machine with the extended service plan from the Sunnyvale California store have had a terrible experience from beginning to end. I ordered the Whirpool washer on Feb12, a model that was showcased as on sale.

I was informed that it was not in stock, and agreed to a delivery date of Feb28. After two weeks, the day before delivery on Feb27, I receive a call from Lowes telling me the model is in fact discontinued, and the only option I have is to buy the floor model or cancel the order. I'm told this after 2 weeks of waiting just before the delivery! So I accept the floor model and have it delivered on Feb28.

It went into a new home I bought, but I didn't move in until March 6. I first used the machine on March 8, and the very second time I use it, the machine fails to drain the water and simply stops responding. I cycled the power, tried different settings, nothing. So I immediately call 1-888-77LOWES, and I'm told it will take 3 days for a repair man from A&E Factory Services, so now my clothes have to sit in washer full of water for 3 days.

I'm given a 4 hour window from 1-5pm on Wednesday March 10, right in the middle of my workday. So, I *** half a day from work and wait for the repair man. By 4pm, no one had shown up or called me. So I call A&E and am informed that he'll be there in a minute.

By 4:45pm, no one has showed, so I call back, and now I'm told he's just running late, but rest assured he will be there. At 5:30, the actual repair man calls me, and tells me his car has been broken down all day and there's no way he'll be able to come, and wouldn't be able to come back for another 3 days on Friday March 13. But, March 12 is the end of my 30-day window to return the machine to Lowes, and he tells me that I should just return it. He says I should use a cup to empty the washer!

I immediately called Sunnyvale Lowes and told them I want to return it. They tell me that I should call Whirpool to get it repaired!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 10, 2015.

Comments