State: South Carolina Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (8 of 211 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - Bathroom shower doors installation

I both a shower door and I'm having the worse time. It's taking to long to have it installed, on time. Bad customer service, I have ever had. They are giving me all kinds of excuses. Would never have them installe anything for me, in the future or would think twice before I would return to the store in North myrtle Beach. I always thought very highly before, but I am changing my opinion. Jose Nieves Joe.nieves@yahoo.com
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Poor service
  • Lack of timely repair of ac units
  • Poor installation time

Lowes in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina - They don't care about you

2.6
My washing machine broke down and we bought one from Lowes, Bluffton, SC that they said was "in stock" and scheduled a Monday morning installation. No show at noon and called for nearly an hour with no answer or hangups. Finally got some *** who had a problem with English saying "person at lunch!" Called back about 14:00 and was told that the item was damaged and no delivery today. Wasted a whole day waiting for them when they knew early on there would be no delivery and never had the courtesy to call, Finally called in the evening to say it was re-ordered and would take a week or so! SCREW THEM! Ordered from AJ Madison at lower price and sooner delivery!
Lowes Installation
Cons
  • Lies and disrespect
Preferred solution
Get your act together!

Lowes Installation Review

I have shopped in the north augusta SC store for years. I purchased a storm door for lowes to install and its be two weeks after purchase and know one has contacted me to schedule installation. I've called the store three times today and get the same *** answer. Lowes should be ashamed at how there loyal consumers are being treated. In short I'm pissed and dissatisfied.
Poor customer service

Lowes credit card and carpet install

I obtained a Lowes credit card fire the purpose of installing carpet. I was told by using the card I would get a rebate as well as a discount. The price at the time I purchased the carpet was 800 dollars higher than what the associate quoted me in store and they were selling me the lowest grade when I was quoted fur the highest. I had to call the manager several times before getting my rebates and discounts refunded. To top it off they began calling wanting payments made before the theinstall had even happened.I refused to pay until the job was done and my credit took a hit. I will never shop at Lowes again. When the credit card company began calling I ignored them until my carpet was installed. After installation I called them to make the payments that were due. They hung up on me every time I called. They continued to call me 5 times a day hanging up when I answered the phone and my credit took even more hits. as of this Monday my card will be paid off in full and Lowes will not get my business anymore.

Lowe's Policy is to have received full payment of installation (including product, and labor) before your install would be set up. To read that they were willing to move forward with you before payment was complete, from a company stand point show's they were more then willing to do the best they could.

Addressing the price discrepancy, because i wasn't there I am unable to give an accurate accounting... but what it sounds like to me, if just lack of education on the part of the associates. Please remember Lowe's as a company hires 100's of new people every week. Just for the sake of knowledge as well, Lowe's run on a very reliable yet extremely outdated computer system.

Its basic language is DOS. So many younger employees, have a real struggle learning to use the system.

Much like older individuals struggle to use newer technologies.

Above all im sorry you had a bad experience, but from the outside looking in, it just sounds like you are a miserable unhappy person, who no matter what would of been displeased.

Your credit took a hit because you didn't pay your bill on time. Lowes doesn't issue the credit card, a credit company does.

They have nothing to do with the installation, all they care about is the date of purchase. You need to stop living in the past where the small stores extended you credit.

It doesn't work that way anymore, they can't afford the risk and they let the large credit companies issue credit cards with the stores name on them. Never ignore the credit companies if you want to maintain a good credit rating.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Shoddy deck install done by Lowe's in West Columbia, SC

We ordered a deck install from Lowe's, (Store # 0499) West Columbia, SC. Project was paid for on August 1, 2013. We wanted composite deck boards and ordered MoistureShield. The example that we were shown was a solid board, no side channel since it was being installed with screws, not the clips. This was the first problem I noted - when the materials were delivered the MoistureShield boards had the side channel. I asked the Project Specialist at the store about this and was eventually told the manufacturer had changed the product. However, the MoistureShield website still shows the solid deck boards available. We were told when we got the estimate for the deck that the joists would be placed 12 inches on center. When the deck was being installed, the joists were placed 16 inches on center. I called the Project Specialist at the store who checked with the manufacturer on this and I was told that since the deck boards were being placed perpendicular to the joists and not on an angle, that 16 inches on center was the correct spacing. I accepted this even though it wasn't what I had been promised for the construction. The next issue we encountered was that we had been told from the beginning that footers would be poured and the 4x4's mounted on the footers. This wasn't done even though 27-80 lb bags of cement were ordered and delivered to the house along with post anchors and other supplies necessary for this type of construction. Holes were dug, the 4x4's dropped into the holes and cement put in the holes around the 4x4s. We were told this change was due to the height of the deck from the ground. It is a low deck - about 12 to 18 inches above ground level. But this wasn't a surprise. Everyone knew the height of the deck from day-one. I have never understood why the last minute change. Additionally, two of these support posts sank and were shimmed up. These two support posts were replaced after we complained about the shims - but I'm not convinced that more supports won't sink over time and the deck will sag. We have mostly sand land and they used so much water in the cement that I'm not sure it will hold up. Start of the install was finally scheduled for Sept 6. We had been told the MoistureShield boards were a special order and would take approx. 2 weeks to be delivered. The installer had called to schedule the start date for Sept 3 but we were out of town so the start date was set for Sept 6. They didn't show up. No phone call, they just weren't here so about noon or 1pm I called the store and they checked on it. I was told the installer had a supervisor out with a hurt back so they would be here Monday, Sept 9. While I understand that stuff happens - I feel they should have called me to let me know what was going on. Work began on Monday, Sept 9. Sometime during that day or the next (Tue, Sept 10) the installer noticed that only 12 ft deck boards were delivered and we needed 16 ft deck boards. I don't know if this was a manufacturer delivery error or a store ordering error or why it wasn't discovered when the order was checked in upon delivery to the store. In any case - it delayed our deck install an additional month. The store was notified and 16 ft deck boards were ordered. Construction of the deck frame continued through Wed, Sept 10 and all work stopped to wait on the 16 ft deck boards. I believe the deck boards were delivered to the store on Sept 25. The installer couldn't come back to our house to begin work again until Oct 7. Excess materials from building the frame sat in our yard for 2 weeks before the store arranged for pick-up. Way too much lumber and cement was ordered so there was quite a pile. Since the full materials order had been delivered prior to the initial start date, the rest of the material pile sat in our yard over a month total waiting for the install to be finished. They called on Fri, Oct 4 and said they had a cancellation - could they come and start work? We said yes so they got to our house late morning. The 16 ft deck boards had not been delivered by the store. Since 2 of the 4x4s had sunk (or weren't cut to the correct length to begin with) and had been spliced to get to correct height - they dug those out and replaced them. That's all that was done Friday. The same two men returned Mon, Oct 7. No supervisor and I didn't feel these men were especially qualified. I know one wasn't. The other seemed more experienced but had difficulty when something out of the ordinary came up. No deck rails were bolted to the frame - they started laying deck boards and screwing them down to the frame. Many of the screws were stripped out during the installation. This became a problem when I noticed the spacing got too wide over the second half of the deck and asked that it be corrected and they couldn't remove the screws and reposition the deck boards. Several boards had to be broken and pried up and new boards used. We had paid for these boards and now they were on the trash pile. I asked for these boards to be returned to the store for a credit since they were destroyed during the install and not by anything we did, but they were carried off and thrown away the last day of construction. During the confusion of cleaning up I didn't notice this until after they had left. Holes were cut into the installed deck boards for the hand rail 4x4s. Of the 10 4x4s used in our hand rail - only 3 are attached to the deck frame with carriage bolts. The rest are simply screwed in with long screws. Additionally, none of the 4x4 railing posts are boxed in with 2x4's or secured in any way other than two "ledgerlok" screws being screwed through the framing into the posts. When I questioned this (I had asked about this when we were getting estimates and had been assured by the store Project Specialist that the handrails would be attached to the frame with carriage bolts) - I was told carriage bolts couldn't be used for some unexplained reason but I didn't have to worry - these handrails weren't going anywhere. I don't know, but this isn't what I contracted for and not what I expected nor what I thought I was paying for. One hole in the deck boards was cut right over the top of a joist so the 4x4 was notched out to fit over the joist. This wasn't necessary to the placement of the handrail - it just wasn't taken into account when the holes were being cut. This results in a 2 inch notch having been cut out of the center of the 4x4 so the 4x4 could "saddle" over the joist. Sloppy work. We have a bench across the front of the deck which I was told would be bolted to the frame. This wasn't done either. The bench is simply screwed down to the deck boards. It seems solid now - but it's not the construction I was assured I would get. The remaining excess materials were finally picked-up from our yard on Oct 18. A week and a half after construction was completed on Oct 9 and I had to call several times to get it picked-up then. All in all - I didn't get the premium construction I expected and that I paid for. Lowe's wasn't the cheapest bid we got - but we chose Lowes because I thought we could depend on them to give us sound construction. I definitely don't feel we got it. We finally got refunded for the excess material that was returned to the store on November 16th - nearly a full month after the last of the materials were picked-up by the store. Receiving this refund took numerous phone calls on my part and finally involvement of the store manager to get it done. Several Lowe's employees have been out to the house to "inspect" the deck and all keep assuring us that even though the deck wasn't constructed according to original specifications it is "sound" and according to "normal building practices". Frankly, I no longer believe anything Lowe's tells me. Had we known in the beginning that specific practices that we inquired about weren't going to be followed in the construction we never would have contracted this project through Lowe's. The cost was higher than other estimates we received and we didn't get the construction we were assured we were going to get. Lowe's did a kitchen remodel for us about two years ago and we also had Lowe's install two outside doors for us. Both projects were well done. However, this deck install has been a horrible experience and we don't feel the deck is well constructed - nor what we were assured we were buying. For the price, over $11,000, we expected a quality job and a quality finished product. We have additional projects planned for next year, new wall-to-wall carpeting through-out the house and a privacy fence in the backyard that we had planned to contract with Lowe's. After this experience, the less than satisfactory results and additional difficulties of even getting refunded for excess materials ordered by and returned to the store, we will not consider Lowe's for these projects.

In the future hire your own contractor. You can check their references and see what kind of work they do.

When you have a job done by a store like Lowes or Home Depot they hire a contractor to do the job...you don't get a chance to check them out.

They contractors they use are not their employees and they have little control over what they do. About all they can do is not hire them again if they get too many complaints.

Loss

Lowes in Summerville, South Carolina - Boiling over hot water install.

Let me begin by saying I am a loyal Lowes customer. Recently my gas water heater went out. I was interested in having Lowes bring a heater and install it at my home because they offer same day service if you call before noon. Last month I called at 10 am on a Monday. I spoke with a girl in the store about which heater I wanted and would like to have it installed that same day. She said an installer would call me. The girl also told me there was a $35.00 charge to come out and look to see what size heater I needed and if it would fit. I explained to her I already picked out the heater on line and I already checked all the measurements and it would swap out perfectly. She said, Ok. Well we didn't hear from the installer at all that day. The installer eventually called us the next day. (so much fro same day service). My wife stayed home from work in order to accomidate the installer. He came out and told us we didn't need a new heater that it was only the thermocouple. He said he couldn't change it but his brother (who was also a plumber)could. He then charged us the $35.00 initial charge. Nor did he bring the water heater with him when he came out to fix it right then and there. He called his brother and then the Lowes installer left having done nothing but taking the $35.00. After a few hours his brother showed up and pulled out the thermocouple. He said, It's not your thermocouple you need a whole new water heater. He then charged us $85.00 for coming out and doing nothing. I'm now out $120.00 and my water heater is still broken. At this point I had gone three days without hot water. I stopped at Lowes in Summerville that on my way home from work and bought a 50 gallon, gas heater and ended up installing it myself. I couldn't wait any longer for hot water. It was a horrible experience from start to finish and even though I am a loyal Lowes customer, not only in my personal life, but in my business as well - I will never, ever use a Lowes installer for anything ever again. At least from this store I won't.

You never pay the installer anything. Everything gets paid to Lowe's and they pay the installer

@Employee

You are correct. The original Lowes installer did not collect the 35 bucks.

That was going to go on my card. The actual cash payout was the $85 paid to his brother who came in after the fact. In either event when a customer orders a new appliance ( hot water heater) it his job to replace that appliance. Nothing more nothing less.

He is not hired for his opinion.

He is hired to do the job he was contracted to do. Had the Lowes installer had done what he was contracted to do none if this would ever have happened and both

Company and consumer would have been happy.

@Employee

Lowers did come through, to their credit, and made restitution for the $85 and told me the installer in question would be taken out of the rotation of installers.

View more comments (2)
Review
#420240 Review #420240 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Conway, South Carolina - Faulty flooring !

I purchesed laminate flooring and installation at LOWES about 6 years ago. The floor boards are seperating . My guess is improper installation the main guy that knew what he was doing showed up after most of the floor was down.Now LOWES doesn't want to fix it and the company KRONOTEX laminate flooring won't do anything either ! Even though their is a 20 year warrenty on the flooring. Looks like LOWES and KRONOTEX warrenties are not worth the paper they are written on !Both companies won't accept the blame,they keep trying to pass it off on the other one.While I'm here with gaps in my floor !!!

The problem isn't that simple. First, the flooring is considered sub-standard by numerous installers.

Second, the separation is more likely caused by defective and cheap locking mechanisms. The installer realistically could have damaged the joints by tapping too hard to get the boards to lock. Moisture generally will cause peaking and cupping between joints and is very obvious to a trained eye. Next time don't settle for inexpensive flooring and surely don't use Lowe's.

They recently decided to use large installation companies which do not provide the same level of craftsmanship or professionalism as the individuals once did who actually had reason to do a great job. Their name was attached to the install and they had to guarantee their work.

Looks like Lowe's is turning into their competition who struggles to get good people based on pay. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Your complaint is amusing to say the least. The store does not honor the warranty they mearly sell the product.

Further you dont have a material or even an installation issue. you have a moisture problem High or low humidity either one can cause failure of floating floor seams.

The warranty is for workmanship or defects in the material. This does not include neglect.

I figured something out the inspector said the house was to damp. Now KRONOTEX says it's to dry.All that tells me is pride in American workman ship is gone.And nothing will be fixed now they have my money.And the 20 year warrenty means nothing !

fair product , sounds like your house is to dry . read up on humidity levels it will help you out . may take a few weeks or so but it will go back .

There was no high humidy problem ! In fact when the inspecter looked under the house the ground was dusty and the house is not in a flood zone,In fact it has been so dry here this area is in a drought zone here and it has been that way for the last decade.

Humidy and water is not our problem. Faulty work by the installers is the problem

Did you say gaps in the floor? Installed 6 years ago?

Whats the problem? Why dont you get educated on the affects of high humidity and the lack there of, or just "site related" Issues.

what did the floor look like when it was first installed? Just curious.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Newberry, South Carolina - Item purchased 7-29-10. Arrived and was in store since 8-12-10.

My product was in the store since 8-12-2010. No one contacted me or advised me that it was in, my contractor was finished and gone so I had to bear the cost of having it installed. When I checked on it, the product was in the store and no one could explain why I was not contacted. I am very disgruntled at this act of noncommunication, and Lowe's Incorporated shpould bear the cost of the installation of my appliance. To date, I have not had a response from them since I picked up my appliance on my own as i told them I would, just that they did not contact me a promised.
Review
#196021 Review #196021 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Lowes Customer Service