Verified Reviewer

2.7

I special ordered railings from Lowes Highland Heights KY. They were the brand Deckorators.

This order was a cluster flop from the beginning and has been the worst special order I have ever had. I am looking for some sort of rebate or compensation. First of all the normal delivery time was 5-7 days but said it would be 2 weeks because of virus. I was okay with that.

Then it finally showed up 8 days later. If that wasn't bad enough your company allowed or allows vendors like Deckorators to get away with holding up a special order in order to send it with the regularly scheduled delivery to Lowe's. Your people told me they are not allowed to do that. That's why it is called "SPECIAL ORDER".

So after it finally gets here it turns out that instead of sending me 10 straight sections of 6' long they sent me 8 straight sections and 2 slant railing sections. I didn't even order any slant railing sections. All this is bad enough but when I brought it to your people's attention I had to put up with nothing but grief and no admission that Lowe's was even partially to blame. After going through a few lowe's employees I finally found a guy who was willing to help.

This was the only guy who wanted to figure this out and he did a decent enough job but after he talked with a woman from Deckorators it was going to take another week. That was unacceptable. So I contacted Deckorators myself and talked with a vice president of sales and he overnighted the railings right away. This isn't the end.

Was delivered Monday August the 3rd and no one called. So I called Monday late afternoon and they had no info on a package being delivered. So I went out today Tuesday the 4th and had to search to find it. This all started on JUNE 24th and I finally have my complete order on August 4th.

That is pathetic and in the meantime I have lost numerous hours of my time trying to fix this and used many gallons of gas and put many miles on my truck going back and forth to Lowe's because no one would call back or want to deal with me over the phone. Plus The couple I am doing this for is all over me for being on the 6th week and the job not done. They are wanting refunds so this is costing me real money now on top of what I have already listed. These people paid about $3000 for this order and shouldn't have to put up with this crappola.

I buy a lot of stuff from Lowe's because I like shopping there but this has soured me big time. What do I expect? I expect Lowe's to get together with Deckorators and come up with a suitable refund or Lowe's card or something to take this taste out of my mouth. If I didn't do most of the work myself I would still be sitting here with no railings.

Joseph Meyer. Here is the P.O. number to show you the original order. 12917****.

Date of order. 6/24/20.

User's recommendation: Be careful of special orders and ride their *** like a government mule.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Pros: Military discount.

Lowes Cons: Lack of qualified people.

Comments

#1906027

Please stay out of my store.

Lowes Reviews