Bought a water softener from Lowes as well as a four year extended warranty. Less than a year later, a stainless steel corrugated connector provided by Lowes and installed when the water softener was installed rusted and developed pin holes.

Called Lowes immediately for service. They NEVER sent anyone to replace the connector. Damage to my finished basement close to $10,000. Lowes refuses to accept responsibility and says I should go after the manufacturer!!!

Doesn't address their breach of contract. BBB absolutely no help!! I am out my $1000 deductible. Shame on Lowes for their morally corrupt behavior!!!

The issue is now at the Attorney General's office. Will see if the office pursues my claim.

According to the terms of the warranty I waive my rights to take Lowes to small claims court. Arbitration is my only option.

Review about: Lowes Water Softner Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Kudos to local store for trying.

I didn't like: Failure to admit responsibility and resolve the issue, Lack of ethics, Executive customer service staff is a joke.

Comments

Have made no progress since I posted a month ago! Lowe's is still pointing fingers at everyone except themselves.

Now they are saying that they did not install the connectors.

I have a work order that shows I purchased the connectors through their store for their installer. Let's see what their new objection will be!!

How in the *** is Lowe's responsible for a product failure? They didn't make the item they just sold it!

Why are people so stupid as to think Lowe's is somehow responsible for this? All they are doing is selling cheap products to people who want cheap prices!

to Anonymous #1390985

They may not be responsible for the product failure but they are responsible for not upholding the terms of the warranty by not sending a technician to repair the problem.

to classyteacher #1391099

I think that what is covered by the warranty is the water softener. Pipes leading up to the softener wouldn't be covered by that warranty.

Lowes is correct in suggesting you contact the manufacturer of the pipe to see what they can do for you.

If you were to go to court you would need to go after the manufacturer of the pipe, not Lowes or the manufacturer of the water softener, as they didn't manufacturer the pipe and would have no liability. As far as warranties go, they are provided by the manufacturer or a warranty company, not the retail store.

to Anonymous #1403626

Manufacturer of the connector claims no responsibility saying they did not install the connectors!! Interesting how and why you post anonymously.

It is easy to be "brave" when you are revealing nothing!

Once again, the warranty with with Lowe's. It is an "Extended 4 year Warranty" backed by Lowe's reputation which is obviously not worth anything!!