1109 US Hwy 72 E, Athens, AL 35611, USA
2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Ordered french doors for our sunroom and was disappointed that I couldn't have the full glass because we needed a dog door installed. The gentleman in the store was nice and showed us the dog doors available and helped us pick out the right size.

(This required my daughter sending me pictures and me talking to the gentleman via phone because I am handicapped) When the french doors showed up, there was no dog door to be installed and the man who originally helped us was no longer there. Now I have no dog door and I can't even see out into my backyard from my chair. They insist that we need to pay for the dog door and having it installed even though we went to all of the trouble of coordinating it. We were having them put in a 6 ft vinyl fence in the back yard, but we told them to forget it We want someone dependable.

I can now see why there are so many reviews about good sales people and poor management teams at Lowes.

They lost a $7500 fence budget over the principle of a $130 dog door. Very Poor customer service and planning.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lowes Pros: How helpful and kind the salesperson on the floor was.

Lowes Cons: That the management implied i was lying.

Comments

Most millwork companies hanging doors do not install dog doors. The dog doors are usually something you purchase and install yourself of have a contractor install.

I could see where they may have check the sizes of dog door available to determine what size of panels you needed to order on your door. Does the sales order for the door say anything about the dog door being installed in the door. If not, you were just assuming it would be and need to pay for the installation. If in fact the order called for an installed dog door there should be no charge.

When ordering a product it is important that the details are correct on the written order.

If it wasn't spelled out in the written order it won't be in the door. I also wonder how you would expect them to install a dog door in a full glass door?