10425 Gibsonton Dr, Riverview, FL 33578, USA

Signed contract with Lowes on September 2017 to have 6 hurricane sliders installed on our lanai. Payment of over $8,000 was made on day of signing.

Windows were installed two days before Thanksgiving of 2017--one window was shattered, but installed with the promise that a new replacement window would be ordered immediately. We were told it would take 6 weeks before the replacement window would be ready for installation. Christmas came and went. Realizing that more than 6 weeks had gone by, I called to find out that the window had never been ordered, but it would be taken care of immediately.

I asked the person I spoke with to call me asap with a delivery date--crickets... Called again after a couple of weeks and was told that one individual thought the other individual had placed the order, but it would indeed be ordered immediately. We are now at February 24, 2018, and received a call from Lowes last week that WE could pick up the replacement window. We paid for complete delivery and installation!

Am waiting for our salesman to get it straightened out and have the window picked up by the installer and installed. This is 5 months--shattered window, no inspection, case still open!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Window Installation.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Lowes Cons: Incompetence.

Comments

I had a 15 window install back in Nov. 2017 and the installer damaged a mulled window (still sitting in house) damaged 2 bedrooms of paneling, put *** in bathroom wall, leaks, damage floor, now mold and mildew.

I tore out the paneling to find that I had holes in my outside wall. Not only are the windows leaking but the water is coming in through the walls. Started notifying the project coordinator on Dec. 1, 2017.

When I finally got someone to give me his e-mail address in Feb. 2018, that's when it went to the insurance. Then the insurance started jerking me around and finally sends me a settlement offer which I refuse to sign because they aren't covering the additional damages, hole in walls, mold mildew, insulation, damage floor. I will continue to fight with Lowe's since they hired a licensed fence, deck and siding installer to install windows.

I can't even stay there due to the dampness and mold and mildew. This case will continue to stay open until they pay for all damages. I asked for them to add in the settlement agreement to include that I could resubmit for additional damages and I would sign the agreement.

Not happening. This is June 2018, please spare yourself from what I am and have been going through, I am retired on limited income while I watch my house coming apart.