I recently purchased a Christmas Tree at Lowes in Plano, TX. Upon taking my 2 foot long receipt for the 1 item I purchased, I noticed that the receipt offered instructions for entering a Lowe's Sweepstakes for a $2500 Gift Card at Lowe's.

Fine! When I went to the website and began providing my phone number and other personal information, I noticed that 4 pop-ups had appeared in the background on my computer, and one of the windows that was open before going to the site was changed to another site, offering a questionable sweepstakes for "Flip the Quarter in the Jar" to win. There was no "Back" button on the current screen for the $2500 sweepstakes that would allow me to change information I had already entered, and upon trying to right click on the screen and use the back button to change my phone number, the website indicated that the right click option had been disabled. I closed the windows without completing the sweepstakes entry and went about my business.

Since that time, numerous pop-ups were appearing on my computer for scam sweepstakes for vacations, computers, and other products. My spyware scanner found numerous spyware programs and cookies installed on my computer that were related with the website. It will take me some time to remove all the spyware and insure my system is clean again. But, I cannot believe that Lowe's would associate themselves with such scams and would even post this on every customer's receipt that leaves their store.

Their marketing person should be shot!

I will not shop there again and wanted to warn others, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES!!!

Review about: Lowes Gift Card.

Comments

I am very disappointed...in Lowes...I tried to enter per my receipt for the register to win a $2500 gift card....used the website designated and was never able to get to this sweepstakes...shame on you Lowes...