Verified Reviewer
2.0
Don't trust them - Lowes
Don't trust them - Lowes
Door purchase and install - From the first day installed door had mold that was not flush & and scratched but thought this was cosmetic. The door sounds like Velcro is ripping Everytime you open it (we thought this was because it was new but it's been 5 months and...
Lowes Door Installation
Pros
  • Staff primary reason i go there
  • Store is clean
Cons
  • Warranty implied bit not through them
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Door Purchase And Install

Me Again for the 3rd Time | Lowes in Knoxville, Tennessee

1.5
So this is my third complaint about Lowes. As I stated in my last couple of complaints, back in 1/16/2018 we order Siding, gutters and an exterior door. It is now 4/20/2018, 3 months and 4 days later. The siding is a mess with 4 windows screwed up, with a few other issues. Jr Diaz who is the owner of the siding company that installed this mess is finally coming out and trying to correct the issue. Although it still remains to be seen if he fixes the windows. Claims now that he will be out here Saturday 4/28/2018 and get them fixed. Now I am trying to get our exterior door installed. Door was never ordered until late Feb early march. When that finally came in and installer came out late march it didn't fit. He remeasured and left with that door telling me that he would have it re ordered. Two weeks later after not hearing from them I called Lowes. The door had not been re-ordered. I was told by Lowes that the door would be in 4/16/2018. Which it was when I called that morning. I was informed they would let the installer know and he would call me withing 24 hours if not that very day. No call. I called Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday no call. I called again. Thursday still no call. I called again. Thursday close to 5 pm I finally got a voice mail. This morning I called. I am now informed that they can not come out here until Thursday the 26th. This makes 3 months and 10 days just to get an exterior door installed. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM LOWES IF YOU ARE NEEDING IT INSTALLED BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO HOME DEPOT, GRAB SOMEONE OFF THE STREETS, DO IT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN. Oh and BTW Jr Diaz, the owner of the company that installed our siding. He told us yesterday he is no longer putting siding on homes that he was going to strictly going to be doing roofing. So if you live in the knoxville TN area buyer beware Jr Diaz Roofing if he is the one that installs roofs for Lowes here. His people are not trained except on the job training. They are learning as they go and hey your roof is really not something that most of us can climb up on and check out their work.

5.6 months for two doors with Lowes. One was fuckrd up and one never showed. Got all my money back.

I purchased my roof from Lowe's on 1 of my rental homes and Jr Diaz was the contractor and him and his crew do an amazing job. That has been four years ago and just in June I purchased a roof for my house and went through Lowe's again and requested Diaz Roofing for my sub contractor and was happy they were still with Lowe's.

I have to say Lowe's has changed a few things that I was very unhappy about with, like the Central office you have to deal with that NEVER answer their phones or call you back and the delivery company they use now is AWFUL and does not come when they say but my roof looks amazing and couldn't be happier. By the end of the year I have to do another roof on one of my rentals and I definitely will have Jr and his crew do it, rather I go through Lowe's or not I will use them

Was this Mr. Diaz's contact a Michelle Morales?

You purchased your project the wrong way. The best way is to find a contractor who you can trust and let them order the products from a dealer they trust. Going to a store and letting them pick a contractor and add a markup to their labor without letting you know who will be working on your home is a big risk.

@Anonymous

thanks but too late now.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Installers pull guilt trip when you want prop fixed or replaced
  • Manager could care less
  • Dont care about you once they have your money
Reason of review
property destroyed & door not being ordered delivered and installed in the 3 to 4 weeks as promised
Preferred solution
I want my windows repaired r exchanged out 4 new 1s other option on windows is $2000 cr on my bill this is price quoted by Lowes As far as our door we want a price reduction 4 waiting 3mths for door. Probably a reduction 4 the over all horrible job done
Tags
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer
  • Lowe s Fails Customer
  • Lowes Hires Incompetent People
  • Nightmare Experience With Lowes

Nightmare | Lowes in Knoxville, Tennessee

Nightmare - Lowes
2-16-2018 we signed contract to have siding, gutters and a new door installed. Purchase price $15,000.00. Like to have never gotten it in. One excuse was that the people who was to actually make the siding forgot to look at their fax machine. When finally it did come in, it was a week before delivered to the wrong address and part of that was missing. It was two more days to get them to come and move the siding and gutters plus missing items to our address. As of this date our door that we order is still not in. The installers don't come out when they are suppose to. Immigration problems is what they told us. HHHMMMM. They have covered up where light fixtures and outside electrical outlets. Cut some wires for light fixtures so short I am not sure they will be able to put it back without a electrician. One light outside light fixture is just hanging down and won't come on. I was told that the screw is now too short to put the light back up. That I need to go buy some longer screws. I did. But no one has bothered to put it back up nor make sure it works now. (This was a new light only bought back in January of this year.) Left trim off of parts of the house. Put siding on the house where you can not open a gate that goes into a storage area and broke the latch off of same gate. only have done the bottom part of the house. One area they actually trimmed off the bottom story from the second story with some kind of crazy looking V shaped trim like here is where we stop. Wasted so much material that really not sure that there is going to be enough when the second story is finally done. Trim is crooked and patched, bent outward. Only trimmed out some of the windows but haven't even tried wrapping them. I have taken somewhere between 30 and 40 pictures of the crazy looking stuff that has been done. Today was a beautiful Monday did they show up. NO. Now raining tonight, tomorrow and possibly into Wednesday.

Lowes hires the cheapest contractors they can. That is why you will get poor quality work most of the time.

That house has been sitting there for a hundred years - what's the hurry ? .................ADVICE : next time, don't go with the lowest bidder ; use a reputable service.

View more comments (1)
Featured
Review
#1203662 Review #1203662 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Read the complaint
installers