Update by user Jan 28

Lowe’s brought out a new washing machine and it works great. They apologized for their actions.

Original review posted by user Jan 23

Lowe’s in Palestine Texas giving me a run around.purchased a GE washer 11/25/17. Makes a terrible noise.

Tried to put up with it . Called them 12/30/17 They say would bring me new washer. Called again 1/9/18 talked to manager. Suppose to deliver today.

1/23/18. No show. Called them can’t bring till thursday1/25/18. If they can’t bring then I’m taking to store.

Want money back. Cant tolerate sqeeking washing machine. It’s been stressful and horrible experience . Please tell me what else I need to do.

Do you have any suggestions?

I put purchase on Lowe’s credit card. So don’t want to ruin my credit by not paying for it.

Review about: Ge Appliances Washing Machine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being given the run-a-round, Getting the run around from the customer service office.

Comments

Is this a top loading machine? Many of the GE machines have a shipping bar that secures the tub in place.

Take a look at the lower sides of the machine. There is a ribbon of tape on the end of the bar and you will see it if the bar is still in place. If the bar is not removed the machine will be very loud and move around when it goes into a spin cycle.

You would be surprised at how many people don't bother reading the manual that comes with their washer. If the bar is still there, just pull it out and your problem will be solved.