2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

We purchased a new Cub Cadet snow blower from Lowes at Cross Iron Mills Calgary location on Wednesday January 6th, 2017. We stood in the store by the snow blowers for almost 15 minutes and never had an associate ask if we needed help.

I looked at the different snow blowers and picked the one I wanted and wheeled it up to the check out myself. I asked the clerk about Lowes return policy before we paid and she stated that we had 30 days to return the machine if we were not satisfied. We then purchased a 4 year Extended Warranty package as well but have since found out that the Cub Cadet unit comes with a 3 year Warranty that we were not told about. The total invoice came to $1132.00 including gst.

I got the machine home and before you can try it you need to fill it with gasoline, I put in fuel and proceeded to start the snow blower. There was not any snow for me to clear as I had shoveled recently. I tried to blow some snow from my neighbors driveway and quickly figured out that the size of this machine is too big for what I need it for. I called Lowes the same day and explained that I would like to bring this machine back and exchange for a smaller unit that they had in stock.

I was passed off through 3 different people until a guy called me back saying that once I put gas in the unit that Lowes would no longer take it back. I offered to remove all the fuel and clean out the tank and lines but the guy said don't bother because we will know if you do that and we won't take it back. We then looked on line and found that Home Depot carries the Cub Cadet brand, I called and talked to their customer service department and asked what their return policy is for gas powered units and was informed that if I purchased the Unit from Home Depot I had 30 days to return for a full refund or exchange it no questions asked. The Home Depot said even if I put fuel in the unit it was not an issue to return it.

I have spent well over $4000.00 at Lowes in the past year and a half but can tell you that I won't set foot in a Lowes store again if they don't help me out with this exchange.

I don't want my money back I just want the right unit for my needs. The Customer service that they brag about is terrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Snow Blower.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Exchange for better suited unit.

Comments

So you want to stick them with a used snowblower because you didn't do your research before you made the purchase? Why should they take a loss because you were too lazy to do a little research?

Now that you have run it, it can't be sold as new. Put it on Craigs List and sell it yourself.

It will be a lesson to figure out what you want BEFORE you buy a product and use it. Good luck trying to return used power equipment elsewhere as well.

to Anonymous Mckinney, Texas, United States #1272624

You're an ***. He did ask questions, aka research, to find out if there was anything he needed to worry about if he needed to return it and they did not tell him about the gas issue, (which isn't true, they can return it they just can't let it into the store for safety reasons), so your research snide remarks are just *** considering he actually asked. Read the *** post you half wit.

to Anonymous Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States #1347829

Cub Cadet is a Home Depot brand, ***.