1.3

Horrible customer service at this Lowe's location (35115 S Gratiot Ave, Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48035) My family moved from IL to MI last year (May 2017). We did a few small and large projects for the house, including replacement of the door locks.

Unfortunately, I did not use one of the lock I purchased from Lowe's on June 26, 2017. After we completed most of the projects to make our stay comfortable; we started to return un-used items. I came to return a lock, un-opened box and with the receipt to Lowe's from where I purchased the lock. Unfortunately, Lowe's denied the return due to 90 days return policy.

I asked for the store manager and explained the situation of my move and multiple parallel projects was the reason for the delay! I also provided an option for the store credit in-lieu refund. It was to my surprise that store manager came across rude and insisted in 90 days return policy and provided no other options. I would stay away from this particular store.

I have returned many unused items with or without receipts at different locations without any issue. This store manager needs to move on ...

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Preferred solution: Store credit for the return .

I liked: Product availability.

I didn't like: Staff - customer service - return policy.

Comments

I expect that you will find the lock has been discontinued as a stock item. They have a 90 day return policy because they don't have shelf space for discontinued product.

Discontinued products are discounted to sell and there is no reason they should have to take a product back that you have had sitting around the house for so long and take a loss on it. You should have returned it 6 months ago.