After buying my home I went to Lowe's in Lubbock, TX.to spend some serious money on new washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, custom oak blinds, french doors, glass storm door and more.

I could find nobody to assist me in the appliance or door area. When I scheduled installation of the dishwasher I asked if the custom blind measurements could be done at the same time. I was told no, it was two different departments. This was a floor sales person, not install.

dept. She refused to call service dept. to even ask. This man came and installed my dishwasher, which I took off work to meet him.

Two days later I took off work again for the windows to be measured and it was the same guy, which she said was not possible. Then there's the lady who cuts the blinds. She was beyond rude, I have no idea why but she was so nasty and impatient with me that I ended up yelling for her supervisor, who refused to come mediate. I asked to speak to the store manager and was told he/she was in a meeting.

The more upset I got with her behavior the more she enjoyed it. The next day I told my realtor about my experience with this woman and he knew who I was referring to. He said he had seen her in action and that she was the most obnoxious person he'd ever come across at this store. I was glad to hear this because I had started to question my sanity.

Lowe's in Lubbock is the absolute worst place to go unless you love to be treated like a dog pile. Upper management at the Lubbock store does not give a rat's butt about how customers are treated and hide behind their apathetic underlings to get people out the door. Sutherland's is the only place for me now. I raised a wall and installed granite on my own.

I had questions and Sutherland's staff went out of their way to assist me.

As a result they have my money and business forever.I will never step foot in a Lowe's store ever again as long as I can find what I need elsewhere.

Review about: Lowes Installation.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

Aiken, South Carolina, United States #1317079

I work at lowes for 18 years I can't get any help from them in their department every time customers ask for help I tried to help from them seem I can get any help from them they to selfish to help customers lowes need to improve their skills start by helping customers this don't make any sense they i can't help their customers

Today January 18th 2011, I went to Lowes, to get material for a project. I needed a piece of wood (untreated) it was a eight foot long piece of wood and I needed it cut down into two pieces, I seen a Lowes guy stocking up some wrench sets on the floor by were I was, so I ask, "excuse me Sir, i need this piece of wood cut down four feet, for a total of two peices", he already appeared annoyed because his old lazy *** had to stock wrenches and I had the "nerve" to ask for his help.

Anyway after he made the call over the loud speaker twice, he asked if anyone came over, obviously not if I am still standing here, so I went to the project desk and this other old piece of *** is just looking at me like "WTF you want", at this time I am starting to get pissed off because I have given these *** the upmost respect and i was being treated like ***. "So i asked, "excuse me sir, I need a peice wood cut into two pieces, this *** off, just stares at me and then said "ask him" so that was the last straw, I said "ok now you *** are *** me off"

The point is this if you work at Lowes, it is because YOU chose that job not me, so therefore you need to take pride in what you do and not be mad at me because I have a freaking life and I want to build something, I am not there for your punkass, your are there for me so take initiative and do your damm job, if you do not know the answer, fine, at least make me your priorty to get the answer.

If you have a problem with...

You people amuse me.1st of all Lyn is a lier.

Dishwashers are installed by delivery drivers. Blinds are measured and installed by a PSE. Which is what I am. yes you have to have contracting experience to have my job.

And yes people that work at Lowes od have answers, 1st off don't ask a window licker cashier for answers. Look for the employee that seems to be answering questions, the one you found hiding in the shadows not helping anyone probably doesnt know ***. Also remember Lowes is a place for you to buy material so someone who knows what they r doing can build your house, or complete your project. Nowhere in our add does it say, "let me build it for you, or i'll tell you how".

And yes the most obvious answer is not everyone will have a answer for you.

Be patient, grow up, and remember you don't know thats why you went ot Lowes, we sell it all and if your patient we have answers.Lyn your a ***.

You go to Lowe's because it cost less then the local hardware store or lumberyard.So they higher collage kids and retired people who learn what they can from the contractors that come in to the store.

I am a former Lowe's employ. Some times I just had to say I do not know. But I was just a cashier. Also if your in a hurry the people that know everything are usually busy.

and you have to wait to talk to them. And if you come off short and are a *** to the employees.

They will act dumb and wont share there knowledge with you.I hate waiting also but you just have to be polite and people will try to help you the best they can.

I have worked for Lowe's myself and the employees behavior is sometimes based upon how the management treats them. If management treats them like a back burner thats how the employees perform their work duties and customer service. I am guilty myself. When mangement treated me like a piece of ***, I felt like that's the kinda of attitude to have.

For the person that is complaining about her deliveries not ebing delivered the next day, some stores may only have several truck drivers and if they cant get your purchases delivered to you the next day then that means that they are swompped with deliveries and if you are closer to the end of the day delivery then, think about all the deliveries they had that day and take that into consideration.

WE ARE ALL HUMAN, NO ONE IS PERFECT. SO DEAL WITH IT OR YOU WON'T GET ANYWHERE IN THIS WORLD!

By the way, there is just to much hosility in thsi world today and I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and calm down and take into consideration that everyone is NOT perfect.

your honest commentary is quite entertaining and refreshing. Thanks for setting all of us faggots straight. on the other hand, go screw yourself

Alright you idiots I work for Lowe's and all customers want to do is *** and complain.You have no idea how many *** *** customers come in with questions that should be answered by a licensed contractor and get pissy when you can't cater to their every need.

Customers suck and I could care less about the people that come into my store. To me it's just a part time job that I could give two *** about. Yes the managers don't give a *** about customers or employees but like I said I don't care either so whatever.

For every store there might be about 3 people that actually care about their job and those people are usually the ones who never went to school or aren't in school.So my advice to you is suck it and quit being a bunch of faggots.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #146636

After all the problems I have had with Lowes, I will never shop there again. Went there to purchase a gas stove, found the one I liked and told the salesman I would like to purchase it. He went off somewhere to check and see if it was available and after an extended wait, he finally came back and said he didn't have it. I asked about buying the store model and he said they didn't like to sell them. I found another one and the same routine took place and they didn't have it either. Finally he agreed to sell me the floor model so I decided to get it. They always advertise next day delivery but I bought it on a Tuesday and it was Sunday before it could be delivered. When writing up the sale he never mentioned an extended warranty but charged me for one anyway which I didn't notice right away. Then when it was finally delivered on Sunday after my having waited all day for it to show up the delivery men were incompent too as I had to tell them how to go about getting it into the house. Also they were supposed to remove the packing materials but didn't. I was so frustrated by all the problems that I finally just sat down and cried. Needless to say I will never buy anything else from Lowes and will tell everyone I know about my experience with them.

:cry

Lyn, you are correct.It should not matter whether the customer is buying a box of nails or a new kitchen.

Every employee deserves courtesy and every cutomer deserves the same. I refer to the person who carries groceries to my car as sir or ma'am. I worked in retail as well as bartending many years ago. Trust me, I know what it feels like to be treated poorly.

When I was told the window measurements could not be scheduled for the same time as the dishwasher installation I did not complain or get upset. I was bugged when the same person showed up both times, rightfully so, eh? I never called to complain. I did not march in waving a wad of cash, I came in looking for merchandise and not only could not find help, was treated badly.

Since I was not a regular customer nobody would have been hiding from me after seeing me. Poor management is poor management. It's pretty bad when you ask to see the store manager and are denied contact completely. I could have gone to the home office but decided it's easier to walk than to ask why this happened.

I think Governor Perry is more accessible than the store manager. It was bizarre.

Never experienced anything like this.You have a nice day as well, Lyn.

I hear customers complain all the time that they are dissatisfied about customer service in any home improvement store.Maybe it has to do with customers comming in and expecting to be aloud to treat the employees like ***...

be rude and obnoxious because you think you can because youre spanding a few dollars in a store. I would never treat people the way that I have been treated by customers.

There are some employees that actually hide when they see customers because they are afraid that if they do something that may not be to the liking of the customer that they will get fired.

I am not saying that every customer is that way, but every employee of home improvement stores would appreciate a little bit of respect, instead of being talked down too and looked down upon.

Have a nice day.