I bought a Larson Storm Door from store #1880 in Amsterdam, NY. After getting the door home, I realized that I couldn't install the door myself, so I went back to the store and purchased installation for the door from Lowes.

The salesman told us that he would summit the paperwork that day so the install Dept would have it first thing Monday morning. Monday, I got a call from the installer who got directions to my house and told me that he had a job to do that day but probably would be able to do my door the next day. He said he'd call me that evening and let me know what was going on. He didn't call that evening and in the morning my wife called him.

He told her that he had worked in the rain for over 4 hours Monday and it would TWO to THREE Days before he would get to our door. My wife asked him about any other installers and he said they would probably be busy also. I called the installer service at store #1880 and they said they would check to see if another installer was available to install the door. About an hour later the first installer called me and stated the he was very busy and couldn't install the door until the 12th of July.

He said they the Lowe's Installation Dept. was okay with the date. My wife called the #1880 Installation Dept and talked to the manager and she told her that the installers were very busy and the Installer would be here on the 12th. My wife asked if she told the installer the 12th would be okay with her and she said, "YES, I did." My wife said since we were the customer why would she okay a date further away from the date we were originally told by the installer without checking with us.

She again told my wife that the installers were very busy this time of year and would be at our house on the 12th. My wife told her that we were going to try to find someone else to install the door because we were told 3 to 4 different dates that the door was going to be installed and weren't happy about it. She also told her that we would probably be back to the store to get our installation money back. She told my wife that they didn't like to give money back to their customers.

We made a few calls and found someone that day who would install the door and the following day we had our door installed! Yesterday we went back to the store and got our install money back. I am VERY UPSET with your installation process. The install manager told us that the installer probably had allot of installs.

I want to know WHY, IF Lowe's install Dept. gives out the installs to these private installers, HOW COME THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH WORK HE HAS TO DO. DO THEY JUST GIVE THEM OUT ANYWAY THEY WANT! HOW DO THEY KNOW WHO HAS WHAT JOBS AND HOW MANY JOBS HE HAS???

IF THIS IS A VERY BUSY TIME OF YEAR FOR Lowes, WHY DON'T YOU HIRE MORE INSTALLERS??? I guess that I will have to find another place to do business with!!! I've bought a stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer and a new front door and two storm doors from you over the years not counting many other items for our home. I know I'm not a contractor who spends thousands of dollars a year but I believe your business couldn't survive on just contractor's business.

I worked with the public all my life and found that most people want the truth instead of a lot of false promises. I probably would have been happy with the 12th if that was first date I was given. At least I would have known where I stood and having a Manager make the decision for me that the 12th was okay without checking with me as the customer who wanted the door installed sooner really made me mad.

If we didn't care when the door was installed we wouldn't have called the Install Dept. to try to get the door installed SOONER NOT LATER!!!!

Review about: Lowes Installation.

Comments

I had much worse experience with Lowe's in Amsterdam. Window/door installer there named Dennis is a joke.

He is often a no-show on promised date.

He cannot even take correct measurements. He was a real headache for us!

You signed a contract and are given three days to cancel. If it was over three days later and there is a date of expected completion on it.

If the date on the contract you signed was the 12th or later, you have nothing to complain about. You signed a legally binding contract.

Here's how it goes. The first time Lowes probably called and DEMANDED your door be installed ASAP and didn't have a care how busy the installer was. They have installers by the balls and end up making the installer pay for everything, even if you were to see a red vest kick in your door, the installer would probably have to pay for it. It's BS. I don't even know how installers deal with Lowes, I wouldn't be one. Their installed sales are *** backwards and store associates screw up all the time, still blamed on the installer. Then management gets involved when they probably know nothing about doors, that department, or the installer. Passing the buck is what they do best.

Then, they give you all kinds of other dates, probably before the installer even knew, just to make you happy that something was going to finally happen.

Don't blame the installers for everything, Lowes is so demanding, they will bury one installer in so much work, and then yell at the installer when they can't squeeze in something extra because they have a life.

Because you cancelled your job, the installer is probably being wrote up or fired because he couldn't do exactly what you and Lowes wanted.