1.1K views
2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I ordered a few items online, including 5/8" drywall and 1/4" drywall. The reason I ordered online is because I noticed that there was only 3 units of the 1/4" drywall in stock and wanted to snatch them up.

I received an email saying that my order was ready for pick-up that afternoon. The following day, I drove across the city to the London location to pick up the order understanding that it is ready. I knew I had to rent a van to deliver the sheets of drywall so when I first arrived at the store I asked if there was a rental van available and if my order was definitely ready. Yes on both.

Perfect. I proceeded with renting the van (which took at least 20 min) and drove around to the pick-up area where I as told my order would be. At the contractor desk, I asked where my order was and they told me they were still putting it together. Okay - that is weird because I was notified that my order was ready.

The time was ticking on my truck rental so I decided to visit the employees putting my order together in the drywall isle. Turns out that there was zero stock of the 1/4" drywall that I already paid for and was told was ready for me to pick-up. Well that sucks. Then I had to go through the painfully long process of returning the van and getting the refund on my order.

Over an hour and a half of my evening was wasted due to this mistake. I work full-time, in addition to that I am renovating my kitchen. I have a tight schedule that I need to stick to and do not have time for this nonsense! I called the London North store and talked to the assistant manager.

I explained my experience and suggested that, for my troubles, they should deliver it to my home for free and at minimum pay for the 1/4" drywall that I was told was in stock and wasn't.

The best he said he could do is a free rental and 15% off my order and refused to give me anything more than that - he said take it or leave it. Goodbye, I'm going to Home Depot - never had a bad experience there.

Review about: Lowes Pick Up Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: I will go to home depot from now on, Poor service.

Comments