State: Texas Clear all filters (292 of 4877 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Everthing i bought is junk

From 2005-2010 everything I purchased,Lawnmower, spray washer, grill, door knobs, chainsaws, faucet,,,Everything broke down or just stopped working,,,I was robbed! I don't recommend using loews! Now they want me to use a hundred words to post this complaint! Wat next,,oh yea, they want me to pay for that broken crapp....LOL???????????????????????????????? I hate loews,,,never will I buy from them,,,,,;,,I will never buy one more thing,,,there stuff,, cheap , why did it all have problems,,,,,,??????????????????????????may get ripped by other companys,,but never again loews,;,cheap.......I still have nine more words,,,lol,,,lol

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Employee stole my jacuzzi after I paid for it

I found a jacuzzi that someone had special ordered in Lowes in Jonesboro, AR, that was marked way down because the customer didn't take it after it came in. I decided to purchase the jacuzzi and asked a employee to help me get it to the checkout desk. The boy was nice and told me that was a great buy, but he could not move it by himself. He asked another employee to help him take it to the front for me. The second boy came over to help him and I heard him say he couldn't believe that jacuzzi had been marked down so much then he told the first employee for him to wait because that jacuzzi maybe already sold. He then got on the phone and I heard him telling the person he was talking to that there was a great buy on a jacuzzi just like the one they wanted. After I heard him say that, I said this jacuzzi is already sold because I'm buying it. When I said that he knew we could hear him talking so he left while still talking on the phone. The first guy told me that he couldn't do that because there wasn't a sold sign on it and he probably saw that is was a good buy and decided he wanted someone else to have it. He then found someone else to help him move the jacuzzi to the checkout desk for me. It had already been rain up and I had paid for it with my credit card when that boy came up and told the checkout clerk that I could not buy that jacuzzi because it was already sold. The checkout clerk then told me that she was sorry and would credit my credit card. I told her no that there was no sold sign on it and what had happened but she went ahead and credited my card and told me again she was sorry. I asked to speak to the manager so she got on the phone and called someone and told me it would be just a minute so I waited 35 mins and I never saw a manager. In the mean time the boy that wanted the jacuzzi had someone help him move it to the side and he placed a sold sign on it. I decided that I had waited long enough and would just go home and call the manager so I did. I did get to talk to the manager and tell him what happened and he said there was nothing he could do about it because the jacuzzi had a sold sign on it and was waiting on someone to pick it up. I even told him to check out the time that the transaction was made on my card when I paid for it and then check what time the other person had actually paid for it and he would find that I had already purchased it before the other person had actually come in to the store to pay for it. He just blew me off still saying there wasn't anything he could do about it. I will never buy anything else at Lowes!

i work at lowes and thats pretty messed up. You should have stood up for yourself a little more.

I wouldnt have left.

You should have told them what you overheard. Ive never run into that problem the 6 years i have worked customer service.

The Lowes in Jonesboro, AR

which Lowe's was this?

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Lazy management

I use the Lowes store at 19 mckenna road in arden Nc. to the tune of about two grand a week. Only because they have the material my customer wants. Every day I order 500 pavers to be picked up the next morning and usually the great everyday folks who work there have them ready. And again this morning they were ready but I had to sit and wait 45 minutes for the manager to finish his personal phone call to came and open the back gate so they could load my truck. He was on his cell phone as he opened the gate and made me quite aware I was a pain in his butt. It is a shame that such great employees are dragged down by such poor management. Where to they find them?
Service
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Carpet measured wrong in Mothers house.

Last November my mother wanted some new carpet for her living room before Thanksgiving. She check with the local Granbury, Texas Lowes and the carpet was on sale. We asked if it could be installed before Thanksgiving. They told us as soon as it comes in they could install it that week. It came in on a Monday but we never heard from them. I called on a Tuesday or a Wednesday and they would check on it. I never got a call back so I went up there. They didn't get it installed before Thanksgiving. We had a one room measured and was charged for about two rooms. When I called about it they said the installer did this so the installer would not have to put a seam in room. Well, there is a seam in the room. They over charged her. It cost her $1700. to have her living room (one room) carpeted. The carpet was even on sale. We will never do business with Lowe's again. They are a rip-off.

I had a similar problem, but I posted my complaint on Lowe's facebook page and to all my friends and family on Facebook. 24 hours later, Lowes agreed to do the whole carpet project for free.

I definately agree with you. Lowes install services are terrible.

Lowes in Richardson, Texas - Lowe's Waxahachie TX

Update by user May 27, 2011

My blinds were finally installed after much frustration and stress. They look lovely but I will never use Lowe\'s again for anything that needs installation.

Update by user Apr 28, 2011

Update 4-27-2011

Last night I went in to sign the contract and pay for the blinds.

Once again they could not find our information. My husband and I stood in the store for 1 1/2 hours while 4 people tried to find our info. Finally an assistant manager located it on their *** computer system. Most of the information was wrong including the code for the blinds I wanted and they had someone\'s name entered for our address and phone number that I don\'t even know. All this information had to be re-entered for a third time.

I wanted to walk out after 20 minutes of this but my husband was upset because they would not give us back our $35 we paid a week before to have the contractor come out to measure.

I must say the assistant manager was really nice and I could tell he was as frustrated as we were. I hope the rest of this goes smoothly but I have very little faith now. I know one thing, I will never order anything ever again from Lowe\'s that needs installation.

Update by user Apr 26, 2011

Twenty minutes after contacting a supervisor at Lowe\'s, I was contacted by the company who does the contract work for them- measuring blinds etc. I was given a song and dance story about how I had the same first name as another customer and how dispatch got mixed up and sent someone to her home instead of mine.

I just want to say that I don\'t believe all the fault falls on Lowe\'s in this instance, but maybe they should try and get a more reliable contractor for window coverings!

Someone is on their way to my home now as I type this.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2011

I ordered window blinds and was told within 2 days someone would call me to come in and measure the windows, no one called, so 5 days later I went into the store because no one would answer the phone in the window covering dept at the store. They then made a few calls and said someone would call me to arrange an appointment. Today I took the morning off work as someone was suppose to be here at 11am to measure the windows, it's now 2 hours later and no one has shown up or called me. I just spoke to a supervisor who is suppose to find out why their contractor did not show up. I am cancelling my order, this is very unprofessional and not right that somone takes time off work expecting someone to show up for an appointment and doesn't! BAD BAD BAD Lowe's!

I agree with what you wrote, I think there is the possibilty of so many different people involved in one order that there is a greater chance of an error being made.

Someone finally came out to measure my windows, about an hour after that I got a call from the gal at Lowe's telling me they couldn't find my order on their computer, that another girl had entered it and they just couldn't find it, so I had to give them the info all over again.

I'm really not happy with this whole experience, and unfortunately I am not able to do this type of job myself (disabled) so I thought by going to one of the BIG stores they would have people qualified and professional, I guess I thought wrong.

I just hope when the blinds arrive that everything goes smoothly and they send someone that knows how to properly install them.

I feel for you. Lowe's are the middle man when it come to installation of their products.

Staff schedules are rotated so it's hard to contact the same person that helped you when you came into the store. Basically, you go to the store and give your information to a sales person and he then takes your information (which will be faxed to the installer), charges you a measure fee and tells you that the installer will call you within 48 hours. Now, it's this person's responsibility to give this information to the installation department or fax it him/herself. This person could forget to do this and due to a rotating schedule, he/she could be off the next day or two.

Also, the installer may not be 100% up to par. Really, I would choose this to be do it yourself project or deal directly with an installer.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes store leander texas.

I bought a plant at Lowe's and when I went home I found that my sandals were destroyed. I had walked through what I thought was water only to find that when I got home it was a solvent or chemical of some kind that ate the plastic off the bottom of my sandals. I called the store but it was closed so I called early the next morning and the manager a female called Jennie asked me to bring them in for her to look at which I did. When I showed them to her she appoligized and said she would give me 10% off my next purchase. I told her I automatically got 10% since I was a veteran. So she asked me what she could do for me and I said replace the sandals they cost me $39.95. She said she had no policy that covered that kind of replacement. So I said what do you suggest and she said the best I can do is say we are sorry. I conferred with my wife when I got home and we decided we would never shop at another lowe's which we frequent over home depot. Having been in business before I retired (I am now 72 years old) I would have tried to correct this immediately to the customers satisfaction. Watch want you step in when shopping at Lowe's you are at your own risk.

I worked in the garden center for 8 yrs. The only chemical that would eat the soles off your sandles would be Muratic acid and it would be eating the concrete up too.

YOu had to have stepped in something BEFORE you got to the store. Fertilizer, bug killer NOTHING will do that, they are all in plastic containers and the soles of your sandles are rubber or plastic. So you shot your self in the foot so to speak. But I see a lot of "old" people who do this and get mad at nothing.

There is no way she could have just handed you the $40 for the sandles. She could have given you a gift card or a discount, which she offered, but you wanted her to replace your cheap sandles ( $40 sandles are cheap not quality in case you didn't know) Try smiling for a change, and try to remember where you were before you got there.

:roll :roll She said sorry tried to give you 10% off. She can't open a register and hand you $39.95 for a pair of sandals (which you can't really prove was destroed there or somewhere else).

A mistake was made somewhere and she tried to fix it.

No need to post here when a manager tries to help... :cry :cry :cry

Yes, if I were the manager I would have given an apology and your $39.95. It doesn't make sense to *** off a potential future customer and saves time to conduct business.

Loss

Lowes washing machine installers flooded my kitchen

i got rid of a washing machine as it started to leak.i bought a brand new washing machine from lowes.the delivery guys,farrell & jim, hooked up the hoses, pushed the machine back, talked a lot and left.they never checked the hoses or to see if it drained properly. when i used the washer, one of the hoses was not hooked up correctly and flooded my kitchen with hot water. had serv-pro come in to dry up floor and now lowes expects ME to find someone to put in a new floor. i haven't been able to use my kitchen or my new washer in 8 days and counting. SRS, lowes claims dept.did not properly explain reimbursements, policy or general needed info. i had to call them every day with questions. this was handled very quickly but with great disappointment. i will never use their services again. they totally lack consideration for the customer. this has devastated me.

They just flooded our home today as well, also with a washer installation. They also installed a dryer improperly last year and it overheats.

I'm glad they didn't burn the house down. This is two SEPARATE Lexington, KY Lowe's.

sorry, last post was written by me to cat

i am a senior with a disability. don't judge til you've walked in my shoes. maybe you should kiss my ---

Devastated you? REALLY?

Did it cause you great bodily harm? Are you still alive? Are all of your parts still attached to your body? UMMM yes then I guess it really isnt devastating is it?!?!?!

Its a flooded floor...an incenvience YES... devestating NO!!!

Im sure the party that Lowes contracts their deliveries to will take care of the problem. Maybe you should find something more DEVASTATING to WHINE about!

View more comments (3)

Lowes Is The LIAR

I was LIED to by lowes, they said if i would pay a certain amount that I could save 200.00 dollars by paying off early. I did it and now the bunch of CROOKS say i still owe the 200.00. LIAR LIAR LIAR. I hope they enjoy the money cause they won't get anymore from me. I LOVE HOME DEPOt I just got my new credit card in the mail. Off to HOME DEPOT. Lowes LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES Oh did i mention that LOWES LIES like a dog?
Review

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Poor workmanship, no one knows whats going on.

Bought a pella door from lowes and had it installed- the contractor who installed the door cut corners and left things undone. Trying to get lowes back out to finish the job has been a nightmare. Know one seems to know what is going on and I get a different story every time I call or go to the store in person. I will never buy anything from lowes again. This was at the store on Wilmington Pike in Centerville, ohio. Sorry customer service, sorry products, sorry contractors that they must have gotten off of the street. Please rely to this.

That's not fair to say that the employess don't know what's goin on, I work at store 1944 and I can honestly say, I dont give a *** about u customers.I bust my *** all year and at the end of it all I get is an I'm sorry we can't give u ur $35 bonus cause time r tuff. So come on into lowes u yuppie *** nothn brings me more joy than screwing up ur order

I had troubles with Lowes at Troy AL.

The main problem relates to emplyoees; they lack of basic skills their jon may require.No body knows nothing about nothing; when you get an estimate is usually wrong or 3-4 times higher than any other (well qualified) contractor; in addition a few employees are rude and seem to care nothing about costumers.

Pella Windows & Doors in Pella, Iowa, will be happy to help you. They will make sure you are happy with door either by having Lowes correct problem or they will.

$2000

Lowes in Arlington, Texas - Lowe's Credit Card

I had a Lowe's Credit Card (GE Mony Bank). I made purchases over two years, amounting to $5000. I recieved a bonus check from my employer. I used this money to pay off my bill. GE Money Bank cashed the check and then REFUSED to apply this toward my balance. I made numerous attempts (in writing, phone calls..). I was receiving collection calls from GE Money Bank for a debt that I had already paid. I had to file a complaint with my State Attorney General's Office in order to made GE Money Bank do the right thing! Unbelievable !

I'm sorry but there has to be more to the story...no credit card does that

in 2 years of shopping you kept spending money instead of paying off your bill? Thats the best way to ruin your life with credit debt. try cash or not buying from now on.

View more comments (1)