State: Texas Clear all filters (293 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Arlington, Texas - Lowe's Credit Card

I had a Lowe's Credit Card (GE Mony Bank). I made purchases over two years, amounting to $5000. I recieved a bonus check from my employer. I used this money to pay off my bill. GE Money Bank cashed the check and then REFUSED to apply this toward my balance. I made numerous attempts (in writing, phone calls..). I was receiving collection calls from GE Money Bank for a debt that I had already paid. I had to file a complaint with my State Attorney General's Office in order to made GE Money Bank do the right thing! Unbelievable !

I'm sorry but there has to be more to the story...no credit card does that

in 2 years of shopping you kept spending money instead of paying off your bill? Thats the best way to ruin your life with credit debt. try cash or not buying from now on.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Amarillo, Texas - Carpet Installation

I have never been so angry at a store as I have been with Lowe's.I had carpet installed by 2 guys that looked like druggies,I felt very uncomfortable with them being at my home,some of the tools that they used around my new pedestal bed hacked pieces of would out of my bottom drawers,also seams are not even,plus I have ravelling around the baseboards that shouldn't be there and they took a piece of my carpet with them,didn't bother to ask if they were allowed. I reported them to Lowe's and all I got was that these two carpet layers are fired,that sure didn't fix things here.Never again!!
Review
#208169 Review #208169 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Austin, Texas - GE Money Bank

I am disgusted with GE Money Bank and Lowes. I paid off a credit card loan with Lowes and GEMB, who handles their credit transactions, keeps sending me late fee notices, that increase each month. I have called and written to the company with no luck. If anyone is having similar problems with this company and know of anyway that a Class Action Lawsuit could be filed, I'm all for joining in that cause. They are ruining my credit. Whatever happened to good old customer satisfaction? Has anyone else had this problem with GEMB and in particular, their connection with Lowes?

What is the problem with paying back money you borrowed, under the terms you agreed to? If you don't want to be indebted to someone, don't borrow.

If you do borrow, don't borrow beyond your means and ability to pay it back in a timely fashion, as agreed.

Credit cards are a nice convenience to paying cash and give you flexibility in paying the balance over time. Use them correctly and they are a great tool. I tend to pay the balance in full, except larger purchases where I may pay back over a few months.

I pay very little in interest doing it that way.

Who in their right mind finances a consumer item with a credit card at a high double digit interest rate and makes only a minimum payment? Get a handle on your finances and take control.

Be responsible instead of blaming the bank. Be the master instead of the slave.

Need a class action lawsuit against ge. lowes. They definitly arent dealing off the top of the deck.

So I get my tax return excited about paying off my credit card at Lowes. Go online to their site on FEBRUARY 16, 2012 and there is a screen on LOWES SITE mind you, that allows me to pay a 1700.00 bill (intense interest rates mind you)for 980.30, said one time offer, so ofcourse I jump on it.

Well it is now April and after 4 hours on the phone this morning, they said that that page wasn't them. ALTHOUGH they do show on my statement where I paid that exact amount..Hmmm..I have made minimum monthly payments for years now, like I would just pick such a large and odd number like 980.30 to pay for the heck of it? When I also paid all my other bills of online that same night? I think not.

RIDICUKOUS. Im filing on BBB>

My husband passed away. I paid off our balance on GE Money Bank Lowes card.

I called to inform them of my husband's passing. They went into collector mode, remember at the time I was talking to these people I had a 00 balance. I was passed to 3 people who ask every question possible about myself.The account was in my husband's name I had authorized use of the account. I was told they could open an account for me which was just a way to get more info on me.

Then they said I was turned down. And sent a letter asking for estate information. And labeled it an attempt to collect debt. The account was paid off.

I called and once again was treated as if I was a customer who had skipped out on paying, I made sure there was no outstanding balance there was not.

And then the gentlemen cut me off and hung up on me. Think twice about going in debt to these people.

@Widow

The exact same thing happened to me , with sears [GE.] When you lose a family member, you have enough on youre plate , to deal withCorporate headquarters/ no help. I guess ge.

policy is to hit you, while youre weak.After reading about this , I will never buy anything from them. I am very sorry about youre loss.

I was advised by Lowes that GE Credit had been requiring a higher monthly payment than I should have been paying. They said the payment should have been significantly lower and the additional amount I was paying should have gone to pay the principle....essentially due to their errors the bill should have been paid off.

I requested a full audit of my account and sent registered letters but they refuse to provide the information.

If you EVER contest a bill only certified letters with signature will be allowed in court. I am all for a class action lawsuit against these folks.

I get charged late fees for paying EARLY. My payment date is the 28th but I usuallly pay before the 5th.

The I get charged a late fee because they say their computer won't pick up the fact that it is the current months payment until after the 6th. They say it's a "glich" in the system. I wonder how many people have paid late fees for paying early. Also, how much in interest has been paid because you are not allowed to pay until the 6th?

All these late payments go on my credit report and although I've managed to get the late fees credited back to my acct. the blemishes on my credit report remain. The US goverments Office of Thrift is the regulating agency for GEMB.

The web site it www.OTS.gov and their phone # is 1-800-842-6929. Hope this will help.

alaways payed..oh maybe one time a few days late not 30 days or anything...did this for years...spent thousands..no hundreds of thousands of dollars at thier stores...went to purchae material for a large job...they lowered my credit limit by about 80%...couldnt buy the material with a card..payed for it with a check and after finding out they lowered it for no reason wish I had not did that.. :x

The problems never stop with GE moneybank. I have made payments faithfully just to have them clear my checking account and not post to my lowes consumer credit account(and get charged the added late fee).

I have mailed and faxed my proof of payment to the missing payments department so many times you can't even count, and all to no avail.

When I called customer service and asked to speak with someone in missig payments I was told that there was not anyone I could speak with and to mail the information again. Can they really just steal my money and and get away with it by giving me the run around?

Two years ago I made settlement with a debt collector Zwickers who were acting as a collection agency for Lowe's. We came to a lump sum payoff agreement.

The collection agency was suppose to have sent us a letter stating that the credit card debt was satisfied and we no longer owed Lowe's any money. Two years later a different collection agency and bad credit report later I am still receiving notice from Lowe's that we owe money.

I will never step foot in a Lowe's store ever again. There should be a boycott of all Lowe's stores until they stop their terrible treatment of their customers!

They have been calling for weeks to collect on an account that is not past-due. In fact, there has been a payment already scheduled for 2 of those weeks.

I have had problems with them also. Been a customer for 7 years, never missed a payment and always paid my bill on time.

Recently paid my balance down to zero and they cut my credit limit by 80%...never sent a letter as well and I was embarrased when I went to pay for dinner with my boss...same B.S. when I called they can basically do what they want I was told by a manager...they should be ashamed of themselves and Lowes as well as I have been a loyal customer...I will never purchase from Lowes again and have been treated terribly.

Lowes and GE in plain words stink. Don't do business with them, relationship and paying on time means nothing!!!

Yes, I have had problems with GE moneybank.

They lowered my credit limit on my Lowes card without telling me. I have never had a missed or late payment.

I was embarrased to pieces when I tried to buy an item and my card was declined. When I called GE the lady I spoke with informed me that it's their policy to adjust any account they want and whenever they want. She said a letter was sent to me.

I never received any such letter. I have since distroyed my card and will never do business with GE or Lowes again.

View more comments (12)
Review
#207558 Review #207558 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Houston, Texas - DID NOT DELIVER MY APPLIANCE,CALLED AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD DELIVER!!!!!!

BACKORDER A REFREGERATOR AND THEY SET DATE Oct. 16, they called me Oct. 15, said they will deliver it today. I get up early on my day off and waited and waited. At 11:30AM, called store, they tell me that I will not get THE REFREGERATOR untill NOVEMBER 1! HOW CRUEL, TO LET ME WAIT AND NEVER CALLED ME. I HAD TO CALL THEM!!! I HAVE A BED TASTE FOR THIS COMPANY! I DEMAND THAT THEY DELIVER THE APPLIANCE AT 4PM NOV.1. LET'S SEE IF THAT HAPPENS! THEY PROMISE NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! LIARS!!!!! I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS STORE EVERY AGAIN! WILL GO TO HOME DEPOT!!! OR ANY OTHER STORE THAT WILL DELIVER WHEN PROMISED!!!!!! WILL TELL EVERYONE HOW BAD THEIR SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!! BECAUSE I AM A WOMEN AND NOT A MAN!!!!!!
Shinyhappypeople
#201271

To PCB8

Lowe's didn't cancel your card, GE Money Bank did. The manage Lowe's credit.

Your issue is with them.

I personally want you to make your purchases at Lowe's. It keeps people working.

#201249

THEY PREAPPROVED ME FOR CREDIT CAR AND 7 MONTHS TOOK IT AWAY BASTARDS I PAOD IT OFF IN 12 MONTHS NO INTREST AND AINT NEVER GOING TO SHOP THERE AGAIN YOU SHOULD CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND GO TO HOME DEPOT OR SEARS OR BEST BUY ANYWHERE BUT LOWES

#201248

LOWES SUCKS I WISH THEY WOOD CLOISE DOWN FOREVER :? :(

#201247

If you are as mad as you claim you are why don't you just cancel the order and buy it somewhere else?

#201221

And single, too, I bet, ma'am, single.

View more comments (4)
Review
#202898 Review #202898 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Beaumont, Texas - MR.LJ.store in Lake Charles, La. lied to me

I CALLED THE LOWES STORE IN LAKE CHARLES, LA. YESTERDAY (10/1/10), WHICH IS APPROX. 45 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE,(TEXAS),BECAUSE MY LOCAL STORE DOES NOT CARRY WHAT I NEED. I ASKED THE OPERATOR @ THE STORE FOR THE CONTRACTOR DESK AND THEN TALKED WITH A ASSOCIATE. I ASKED IF THEY CARRIED "DOW" RIDGED BLUE FOAM SHEETING 2"X4'X8' AND HE SAID YES THEY HAD 32 SHEETS IN STOCK. I DROVE THE 90 MILES ROUND TRIP ONLY TO FIND OUT THE THICKEST THEY HAD WAS 1/2" THICK. THE 2" PRODUCT THEY HAD WAS ANOTHER BRAND (WHITE)AND WITH A SOFTER DENSITY. I WASTED MY TIME (1 1/2 HRS.)DRIVING, GAS,& MILEAGE ON MY TRUCK, BECAUSE OF SOME *** THAT WAS TOO LAZY OR HAD RECTAL CRANIUM DISEASE TO GO CONFIRM WHAT HE HAD IN STOCK. """ I AM PISSED """ I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LOWES AGAIN!!!!!! LJ
Review
#201046 Review #201046 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Went to Lowes to buy a Water heater,no Help available

I visited Lowes in League City ,Tx # 2821 at 7:30 PM to Buy a Water Heater.No help available.Asked 2 emplyees for help and they told me that they would call some one to help me. I waited 15 minutes, and no help arrived.The store had very few employees working .It seems like a skeleton crew .I had workers at home waiting to install the Water Heater. I finally Left Lowes and drove to HOME DEPOT and purchased a 12 year warranty Water Heater.If lowes want customers to shop in the evening ,then they have to have enough employees working in order to properly service the customers.
Review
#200939 Review #200939 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Porter, Texas - To much to list here..

i have been a customer of lowes for 15 years was in there eveyday! had a credit card but never used it until a year ago been paying cash for eveything i have electrical buisness. been paying 100.00 a month every month on the 8th month since i charged $1.200 got behind one month was charged $30 paid it and the balance off and lowes canceals my card. lowes are guilty of way more. even accused me of stealing a tape measure that was bought there a year before i hate lowes now, will go to home depot ace hardware anwhere but *** lowes!!!!! and dont trust those guys that work electrical they will get you and -?? killed the ones in kingwood texas for sure....

GE Bank cant know you paid cash and is to big to care. The day of personal servive and care is over.

You are just one person among 4 billion.

You can only play if you follow the rules. "Strike one" and your out !

Please, like the 3 of you have never gotten behind in a payment. You sit on your high horse and act like you never had hard times or got behind with bills...THANKS FOR THAT LAUGH! :grin

I bet you have never had a complaint for any of your work. If you are as good as you lead us to believe,YOU WOULD HAVE PAID YOUR BILL ON TIME AS YOU AGREED TO DO!

HONOR the contract!!

Ever been late on your house,vehicle payments? Every charge a customer for full rolls of wire, but job required 1 3/4 roll, but you kept the rest!

Lowes is not the guilty party again. It is you.

Be an adult and pay your bill off time. Does not matter if you followed the rules all the time, if you break them do the adult thing and admit you are guilty.

Again why...? LOWE'S is not a bank...

your credit card is not through the Bank of LOWE'S!!

With the new credit laws creditors are protecting all assets... GE Money Bank handels your credit card speak with them.

View more comments (4)
Review
#196561 Review #196561 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Richardson, Texas - Warranty service is ***

GE Dryer front load 13 months old heater went out Monday Aug 2nd called for repair wrong number given in extended contract. Got correct number repair will be done Augs 4th 12/5pm good to go so far. Repair man gets here says he has to order the part will be back in about 7 days to install it. I call his number he gave me Aug 9th no answer so called the 1-888 warranty number they said I should have one part at my door step today NOT true the second part is back ordered do not know when they will get one call back next week. First off we where told of only one part being ordered second off no offer to just replace the dryer or pay for dry cleaners bills for this long wait. I call back Augs 16th part is on back order still no offer in replacement of dryer so I asked they said they could do this over a certain amount of time maybe .... 13 days / 6 people with clothes to wash / and nothing STILL not offered not ever a quarter for laundry mat. Also during this time of waiting I did try calling the repair mans number and left at least 10 messages with phone number they never answered or even called back in the 13 days waiting. THEN.... Aug 17th I get a call from the service center that my part is shipped it will be at my door step on the 18th and they gave me the repair guys number I have been calling before with no answers and was told to call him to set up a time for him to come fix the dryer. I asked if she could do this being they do not answer the phone when I call she said they are not allowed to set appts, Ok ? So I call this number again no answer , no return call asked for repair to be done on Thursday or Friday nothing happen and guess what no part here either. So just now I called Lowes warranty service said no part here yet and repair people never called me back. They just now told me this part was shipped today I will have it on monday and the warranty center has set a repair appt. on Weds Augs 25th , No one has called me about this ? I will not be here on this date you better change this ASAP and if the part is not here by Aug 24th LOWES will have a GE dryer shoved up somewhere the sun does not shine. I will NEVER buy anything from LOWES and I will make sure the military base here puts LOWES on the black list for the whole base which means no one will shop there if it's black listed .... SHAME on Lowes for having such poor service like this and run around.
koscheiman
#209401

I had the same problem w/ Lowe's and my oven. Was w/out main oven for 3 weeks waiting for part sent wrong part first time around.

Fortunately our oven has a bottom drawer that can be used for baking.

I was also double charged for warranty service. Apparently Electrolux has nothing to do w/ extended warranty bought at time of purchase, so after 1 yr when factory warranty expires they send info on extending warranty.

I did not catch this until I called for repair and I was reimbursed $13 for a @180+ contract--what a rip off! :(

I couldnt agree more. Repairman was RUDE!

Washer is now broken again. Thank God for mechanic Hubby that can fix anything!

View more comments (1)
Review
#194915 Review #194915 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Odessa, Texas - Upset

looking for front door. one employee was busy with customer. two others standing around doing nothing. waited for busy employee to get help. Kevin Wilson did great job of helping. went back on sat. after getting front door mes. didn't like Clint he was 45min. late and didn't call to let me known that he would be late till 45min later which i was back at work.never i am sorry or anything!!! any way back to sat.morning young man tells me i have to have tax whatever for $20.00 and me telling him i didn't need that he said i had top have this and that to be able to get door. i am so disappointed in service. it is as bad as home depot!!!! we were happy to see you come into the comm. but i see it is all the same. will not see me there again and will never buy any thing from you're store . lousy service people that don't know what the are talking about lousy lousy lousy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they lie to seasonal employees that they will bet reviews after 90 days. Confronted HR she said they don't hold reviews on seasonal workers.

That's a known lie. There's a massive click their in the front end, some cashier walk away from their registers and when I complained one of them two weeks later got a review to stay. I never missed a day and even showed up on days when someone called out. The place is filled with favortism and discrimination.

I also had 3 customer compliments that were given by customers to management. That's what you get for being dedicated.

Lowes is crooked, crooked, crooked.

Review
#193964 Review #193964 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes associate did not closed the cover of the paint can causing it to spill all over my bedroom ru

I learned that it is very common, an associate not close the cover properly causing the paint to spill in the car, in this case, Lowes will pay for the cleanup and for the damage the paint do in the car, but if it make home without spilling, Lowes is not reliable anymore. Can someone tell me what is the difference? How it happened: On Saturday Sunday, May 23 , I bought a gallon of paint bucket at Lowes in Lemmon av, Dallas - TX, took it to my home, and left it on the bedroom floor, unaware that the cover of the paint can was not properly closed, due to Lowes associate not closed it very well, and it spilled all over my rug and in the carpet. I run back to Lowes to complaint, talked to the manager, filed a complaint and followed the manager's directions to not move the rug away, cleaned as much as I could with water and paper, and wait for a insurance person to come over to my house to document the damage. A few days later an account processor from SRS, called me and left a voice message with a claim number, I called her back twice leaving voice messages, and a few days later we were able to speak, meantime the rug and the carpet still in my bedroom with papers and paint drying. I explained what had happened with the paint, she replied that "if it did not spill in my car, but in my house is because, I had opened the paint can " and my statement is not reliable. I thought with myself, "is she calling me a liar? No, it is not possible…" and I continue to explain that, I am a loyal customer of Lowes, that I drove pass Home Depot because I have always the best service in Lowes. The SRS account processor explained to me, "they are a third part service company and could care less if I am a good customer or if my husband and I spend thousands of dollars per year in Lowes". After the phone conversation, I talk to my husband and we decided to go ahead and get SRS decision by writing, I called Brandi again, several times on June and July, leaving a voice message asking her to call me back. After several weeks, I was able to reach her on the phone and I requested a formal letter of her decision. The letter was posted on July 14 2010 but dated May 28 2010, any good reason for that? Should she sent me a letter with her decision, after we have spoken on May? Now the rug and the carpet are permanently destroyed, and I am seeking for Lowes or SRS to pay to replace the carpet in my bedroom, it is a legitime complaint from an very disappointed (ex) loyal customer.

I seen a Lowes customer dump a bucket of paint in their brand new car in a Lowes parking lot. The store admitted they were at fault and offered restitution.

SRS is a 3rd party, 3rd world bunch of dirt bags.

They are out to save money for Lowes, not spend it for them. I know this first hand.

Sounds like you're trying to blame Lowes for your error. WHY did the paint wait until you set it on the floor at home before spilling? If the lid was loose when you took the paint from the store (with no spillage) and then drove it home (with no spillage) but, almost magically, it spills while just sitting on your floor at home???

I think you need a good brain-douching.

@dms2222

Hey dms222- I just had this happen to me and am going to get my car cleaned and my pants and my right shoe replaced. It is easy to say why did the paint wait to spill?

Who knows.

How would you know unless you were there? You should go work for Lowes - if you don't already.

View more comments (2)
Review
#193339 Review #193339 is a subjective opinion of poster.