State: Texas Clear all filters (292 of 4874 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes Internet Sales giving out customer information

I recently purchased a few items from Lowes Home improvement online sales and when I received My order I found that I was short two items ,which can happen from time to time however the disturbing part is that along with my invoice was a invoice from anoter customer's order with his address and american express payment method for his order ,upon contacting lowes online sales person (name was Chris ,would not give his last name)I was sent several generic emails stating that they would researchh my order and send me my order ,no mention of what they thought about the fact that I have received someone else's invoice with personal billing information on it.I have contacted this (Chris) in qoute custiomer service ,which is far from customer service he will not give a manager's or supervisors name to further this complaint ,Has anyone else had this type of issue with Lowes internet sales ,You might want to think about it before ordering from them and risking your personal information being sent to other customers.

Same here but got Lowes invoice which showed they paid $74 and billed me $138. I told the clerk it was THEIR copy but she insisted it was mine.

Internet orders are sent directly by the supplier not from Lowes. Later discovered I could have driven 30 more miles and got it off the shelf, same price.

also the fact?.. of your c reports info sometimes share with others,,

localy

:?

This is totally unacceptable!

Sponsored by:

www.lowesceo.com

:?

timothykd

That would make since but if you do some checking you will find that Lowes as well as walmart and many other store have a online price and a store price and the online price is almost always cheaper ,so I think that in most cases it would make better sense to pay the lower price and buy online except when dealing with a company like lowes that not only messes up your order but sends you peronsal information to other customers.The radical concept is to pay a lower Price!

This problem would not have ever happened if we would just not be so damned lazy and drive over to the store and make our purchases there (I know, a radical concept, because after all, the store IS probably at least a half mile away!) instead of ordering stuff off of the computer.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Why can't we have a Lowe's

I have lived in several cities across the United States when I was in the Army. I used the Lowe's store to buy just about everything to remodel my homes. Now I live in a town that thinks Home Depot is the only store that fits in Poplar Bluff, MO. I thank the Chamber of Commerce for not allowing the city ot grow. We need compitition and the jobs that go along with the growth of this town. The closest Lowe's is 1.5 hours away. I think the knowledge the Lowe's employees have is outstanding. We need a Lowe's in Poplar Bluff, MO.

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - *** poor service

Went to Lowes Presque Isle, Maine yesterday to locate a replacement part for my snow blower. asked the young lady at service desk if lowes could order me a hex shaft for my snow blower. She said she would have to call Bill because he ran that department. I listened to her conversation; can we order a replacement part for a snow blower? Her question to me; sir did you buy your snow blower here? My response: no Her answer: sorry, we can order your part. This Bill person never asked what type of snow blower it was or what part I needed. I was dissmissed, like a piece of trash and now my biggest regret is the $13,672.00 I have spent at Lowes sense it opened here in Presque Isle, Maine By the way, Lowes does sell the type of snow blower I have.

:sigh I went into Lowes in Ft. Oglethorpe GA.

Ask if they had a thermo coupling for a gas heater. The young woman ask on of the other employees a man. Do we carry thermo couplings. He did not look or ask what kind just said if it has to do with anything gas we are out.

It was during a time when the weather was cold.

However I felt he should have looked anyway just in case there was something there. However I found out they along with another supply place just don't care about their customer service.

The snow blower Lowes currently on their floor has the identical model number as mine.

But Lowes wouldn't know that because they never asked the type of macjing I had nor the part I was looking for.

Ditto's to everything Evoke just said!

Evoke

Whenever a manufacturer sells an item to multiple retail stores, typically the model numbers are changed and something about each one is a little different whether it be an internal part or an exterior part. Lowe's can only buy repair parts for the models they have listed.

If a company can't order a part for you then why is that such a big deal? Why don't you go to whoever you bought the snow blower from and ask them to order you the part?

Or if you'd rather add to your $13,672.00 patronage then perhaps you should lie and tell them you DID buy the snow blower there. :eek

View more comments (3)

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Lowe's extended warranty sucks

I bought a kitchen-aid dishwasher in september 2007 and has gone out at least 5 times in the last 2 years. 4 times during the extended warranty period. 3 times this year and cannot seem to get any fast service. in two years the machine has been out of circulation 8 weeks because of run arounds. i cannot get them to replace the dishwasher nor get it fixed in a timely manner. i was promised that service soulutins would call me and never did. i was told a supervisor would call me twice and never did. I finally talked to a supervisor (stacey) snd she said they could not do anything but send a technician next week

I also purchased an extended warranty from lowes. Our washer has been tore up for 4 weeks now.

They keep jacking us around. Thinking of painting it a lemon color and sitting it in their parking lot with a sign reading"ask me about Lowes extended warranty"

I am sure it was their intention to sell you an extended warranty you did not understand - doofus. they made you pay the extra money, right.

service solutions is the contact for repairs - not Lowe's. And , oh yeah, if it has to be repaired more than 3 times during that warranty period - you get back what you paid for the dishwasher.

Wow, now that was difficult. In the future you might "ask" what yo are paying extra for.....

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Kerrville, Texas - I was told an estamate would be ready it was not.

I went to the store to pick out carpet and pay for and estamate. the carpet I wanted to view was mjissing from the swatchs on the viewing board. I was told they would find out for me the missing color by the time the guy did the measuring. The measuring was done by the Lowe's man early this morning. Mid after noon I call the store to ask if I could come by this evening and see estamate and missing color of carpet I wanted. I was told it wpould be there for me. Whene I got to store nothing was ready. The guy hadn't even called in measurements and the lady in charge of my sales would not be in untill thursday, Today is tuesday. I am pissed. I want my $35 back and I will go elsewhere.
Review

Lowes in College Station, Texas - Has not delivered item ordered.

On 10/29/09 we placed an order at the Lowe's in Fremont, Ohio for 1 window plantation shutter for my mother's bathroom. The company measured the window on 10/30/09 and it was ordered because I was returning to Texas. We were told it would be delivered and installed on 11/17/09 so my sister spent the entire day at my mother's house waiting because my mother, Bernie Bender, is 96 years old and no one called or showed up. Three weeks later, with no word, they contacted Lowe's and was informed that a tentative delivery would be 12/21/09, almost 2 months after ordering it. I have always delt with Lowe's as apposed to Home Depot, both of which are available to all of us, but if this is the service we will get we sill stop purchasing from you which has been substantial in the past. We all felt that the employees at the Fremont store were very helpful and friendly but if this is the service my mother is receiving none of my family, which is scattered over Ohio, Minnesota and Texas will every use your stores again.
Evoke

This is not as much of an issue with Lowe's as it is their shipping vendors or their Installed Sales contractors. Lowe's doesn't have the power to make a manufacturer get something to them any quicker. But, if the item has arrived at the store and no one has brought it to you, then that's an issue with the contractors doing their job.

I agree 100% with Dawn. What Customers hear and what is the truth are always two different things.

Just so you know; many things have different lead times. Standard lead times are approximately 14 days (assuming that the manufacturer isn't back ordered and/or this isn't completely custom); What was probably stated to you was that it was expected around the 17'th of November and as always, you heard, "We'll have it installed on 11/17/2009". I'm sure you all probably groaned enough that Lowe's gave you a discount; so enjoy.

--- To this "Staff" guy; I don't believe it's right to contact the CEO over something petty. While you sit in your self pitty (eating four quarter pounders a day), just remember; McDonald's is retail as well.

Plantation shutters have a 6 - 8 week delivery. that you will find at any retail store. The time line comes from the manufacturer.

Comments or Questions about Lowe's HIW.

Contact Lowe;s CEO Robert Niblock directly @

www.lowesceo.com (Even his home phone # )

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Fl manager should be fired!!

Shame on you for allowing a manager to fire the FL employee.!! Have you never read the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution? Who over-sees the hiring & training of your managers? These managers radiate their attitudes to their employees who unknowingly develop these same attitudes. I remember the opening of your first stores. My husband's club bought stock in a then "progessive" company. Each year seems to bring a decline to that company. Your stores now have a "junky" aspect. I will now, along w/ many, many others, drive on by to LOWES where there is no such problem.
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Austin, Texas - Free Deliver - Receive VISA Check Card NOT

I purchased a Whirlpool refrid from the Lowe's in SW Austin. The deal was to pay for deliver ($89.) but receive a VISA Check Card in that amt. as a refund. This is after sending in all the paperwork, etc. This purchase was 4/6/09 and after many (7+/-) phone and emails; still no Check Card. I will go to Home Depot in the future even though I like the Lowe's environment better...it's the principle. Bait and switch or just not very capable of follow thru on the administrative end of promotions. One person couldn't even find me in the system...

Yes, this is once again "Lowe's" fault. Guess you mailed the rebate forms in on time too.

Or even realized this was handled by an outside firm. Principles are a luxury in this economy.

Good luck finding someone to help you at H.D. - see how far your principles get you...

Evoke

Home Depot Delivery = Curbside Drop Off.

Do what you will.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in El Paso, Texas - Don't shop at Lowe's

DO not purchase CRYNTEL flooring at Lowes, the product is defective if you do not have 60% humidity at all times and even then who knows, they don't try to help, Instead they sent an inspector paid by the manufacture to tell me that the environment I live in and raise my children is HARSH. I spent over $5000 on flooring that is cracking. Buyer beware>>>> Lowes sells fine print items that don't work in all places, they need to understand that some places are dryer then others and not sell that product that would do poorly in that environment. New Mexico is not Florida! I was Lowes customer but after this I will not shop at lowe's again.
#212041

On 11/15/10 I purchased a microwave and a french door refrigerator at VacaVille, Lowes when I got home I noticed on the internet that the microwave was 55.00 cheaper. Feeling that I was ripped off I called the store and got the night manager who said he would adjust the price.

Sorry not acceptable. Called overall store manager next today and was told the same thing.(Not acceptable and very poor customer service) No additional compensation.

I cancelled my order and will never shop at lowes again. I will take my cash to a good store who values their customers.

@Sprinker01@yahoo.com

Greedy!!! Why should you get more money then the sale price!!

#196817

Typical consumer Rant, and buyers remorse. do your homework before investng that kind of money, Im a sales spec.

for LOWES I have taken some heat for talking customers out of certan products that they cant afford or wont work well for their application, some insist on the purchase and doing it themselves and then they screw it up and blame the world for their stupidity.

The store that I work at stands behind our products and installations 100% I watch it happen everyday or I wouldnt work for them. Look in the mirror!!!

I purchased engineered Oak Hardwood Plank flooring to cover 555 Sq Ft. and the day after it was put down I noticed whereever I walked or sat my furniture intentations were left.

I notified the company and they sent an inspector who they pay (conflict of interest) to come out, walk around in silence, showing no compasion that someone just wasted over $1,000 to be embarrassed of their floor. This engineered wood is a farce. It is so soft it cannot withstand anything, yet the warranty on the box says 20 yr. warranty and the product is durable.

Cryntel does not know what durable means. I was given a copy of the instructions that must be followed in order for the warranty to be honored. It's a joke. Instead of putting this warranty inside the box, it should be placed on the outside of the Box to make sure the consumer sees it.

I am so angry that this company took my money for a defected project that shouldn't be on the market. Word of mouth is the best advertisement, so I'm spreading the word that Cryntel is not to be trusted. They are not true to their word as their product that the product I purchased is "much more stable than typical solid hardwood and may be installed on any level of your home, including below grade areas - simply because engineered hardwood flooring is comprised of laminated layers, which expand or contract to a lesser degree than solid hardwood." I purchased this stuff from Lowes and I will tell them that they need to remove it from their shelves.

I'm also going to send the Cryntel's CEO a letter expressing my disappointment and disastisfaction with their Oak Hardwood Plan American Red Oak, Engineered Flooring. :(

$5000.oo on cryntel flooring is rather high...$17.60 per carton 20 s.f. per carton relatively means you purchased 8 full pallets of cryntel peel-n-stick tiles...that would be enough to cover 5,600 s.f.

Did you install both floors of your home and 2 rental homes as well? :?

I had my truck damaged by Lowes and they told me that they don't care. That no matter who I talk to or write letters to at the corp office they are told that there is nothing they can do.

This is a corp.

policy. They played games and even gave me a *** number to call telling me that this is their insurance company.

i am a sales person for lowes and i do qualify the customer. i make commissions of what i sell.

if it gets returned because of a defect in material i lose the commission.

Other home retailers do not offer commissions to the sales people so they do not care. Lowes employees are more knowledgable because they have a financial stake in what they are selling.

I'd rather shop at home depot, The people at Lowes are ***

www.lowesceo.com :(

Lowe's continues to put there bottom line.

Before customer satisfaction & safety.

You can contact the CEO Robert Niblock directly via e--mail or even stop by his house. Don't shop @ Lowe's & spread the word! :eek

I recently ordered new flooring for my enclosed porch. The two times Lowes came out to install the flooring, they forgot their equipment!

So here I am with a porch with no floor and a living room full of junk for over a week now. I will not be shopping at Lowes again.

normal person,

Lowes know what they sell, they just have incopetent people selling it.

You seem not to be so normal after all..

normal person,

Lowes know what they sell, they just have incopetent people selling it.

You seem not to be so normal after all..

mt1...........what a loser! HAHA get real you *** redneck.

It's people like you who are responsible for the economy tanking! O and FYI the only people at lowes that care about sales is the store manager and sales manager, who does nothing.

Too bad I have a Bachelors degree in communciations, and please don't shop at lowe's. Little secret, we don't care.

Also NO! you don't *** to the doctor, you *** to the manufacture!

mt1,

Retailers need to be accountable for the manufature, Don't blame the retailer! thats ***, If your sick and your doctor perscribes some med's that are later to be harmful isn't the doctor accountable as well? The retailer should know what they are selling. Fact!

I gave Lowes a chance to make it right and they did not so it's my choice not to shop with lowes and my right as an american to free speech. so the only virus I see is you and what you are sharing with your bed buddys.

I'm the comsumer and I'm always right.

That's a lesson in sales just for you MT1 it might come in handy when your pulling your pants down.

O.h by the way Normal person you sound you like you never finished grade school.

I'm the comsumer and I'm always right.

Dino, you cant really be this ignorant! Your lack of knowledge and your quick to blame attitude is like a terrible virus spreading across the country.

Once you leave the house, you must put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Grow up

Lowe's suck's and so do you. so go climb into your double wide and f.off

LOWES IS A RETAILER, NOT A MANUFACTURE!!!! They sell *** not make it!

get over it you dumb ***!!!! if you want to purchase flooring from a manufacture then buy it online!!!!!

View more comments (20)

Lowes Door Installation Process & Customer Service

I called Lowes to do a door install. The first step is to call and set up a time for them to come measure which I did. I gave the item number of the door that resembled mine to the person on the phone to note down. I had to pay $35 for them to start and they would deduct that out of the installation. The came out and measured, then I was called with prices and very short discussion about fiberglass or steel. The item number I gave them was for a steel half door with glass that replaced the one being removed for $139. When he called and asked about fiberglass I said that I would just use the steel one I picked for $139. Then we had to go in the store to sign the contract. I went in and met with a guy in the millwood department and he pulled the contract out and gave me the total. I was never shown the product but the price was correct so I thought it was the same door I gave them the product number for and asked where the $35 credit was. He stated that he didnt know about the contracts and he had to get help and he did. I was told that the contract was re worked and they left off the credit, but when I paid it was given to me. So it all sounded fine to me... Price was what I wanted when I found the door online, and I got my credit back. When they came to install it was a solid steel door. I had a steel door with a window. I said that was not the right door, and they stated that this was the door in the contract that I signed so the door was installed as i felt backed into a corner. I should have stopped them but I felt that since I had signed I had no choice. So I called the next day when I was back at work with all my notes and got mad to realize that the sales guy gave me the wrong door so I called. The supervisor stated that I was shown the product when I signed the contract and there was nothing they would do. I told her I was never shown a door when I signed and that the guy who was there when I signed didnt even know how to read the contract. She said their policy is alway show the product before a contract is written, well I did everything over the phone and was never told to come in to see the door. I have never had a repair done so I thought the part number was good enough. I can not get anyone to help me with this other than to be told I was shown a door when I signed and that was the end of that. Shop another store as they don't care about customer service. I was going to have them replace all the carpet and tile, buy all the paint I needed and all the material to get my house ready to sell. Not anymore.

hello, I just had my new back strom door installed today. On time and done more than just a great job.

Mr. Gary clifton was a true professional at has work.

Thank you lowes for picking him to work for lowes. Curtis hairston

I agree with Murrill, as an installer we want the customer to be as happy as possible. That starts with verifying that the product we have there to install is the right style/model, right size, and not damaged.

I am more concerned with my paycheck than your product, but that is paid through trip charges when people at the store waste my time.

Lowes Reynoldsburg, oh salesmann Jim L. tried to pull the same stunt with me that I didn't get refunded for my detail $35 charge that it went to the man that came out to measure.

They also gave me my money back as a cash credit at customer service. He was a real ***!

What is the price to replace front entry door 36" and Storm Door in the Fort Myers FL 33905 area?

:eek

Mistakes are made everyday by everyone. If the product was incorrect you shoul have refused it.

I am a general contractor as well as Lowes installer and I always verify that I have the correct product prior to job install.

I go as far as testing a picture if my customer is not home. As well as you refusing your installer should have been more concerned about your product being right than his paycheck.

I had a storm door installed by Steve Barker and am very satisified with his work. Am waiting for main front entry door to be delievered in early Dec.

and Steve will install that door at that time. Thanks

go buy the prehung door you wanted,pull the hinge pins on both doors swap the doors and take the other door back to lowes.

That is kinda dumb of you to purchase something over the phone and not think you should at least ask to see a picture of it when you signed the contract. You shouldn't take a strangers word. The item numbers could have changed or their could have been a computer error.

View more comments (7)