State: Texas Clear all filters (291 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes review in El Paso, Texas: Bad attitute

Check out lady at Lowe's was mad because 1 of the items we bought (about 18 items total) was not priced and another was priced wrong. She had to call for a price check and as a result the line was held up, for about 10 minutes total. It was obvious that she was angry and as a result she let us walk away from the counter leaving a bag of merchandise (about $40.00 worth) on the counter. We did not realize our oversight until the next day when we wanted to use the missing merchandise. To late (!) for us to go back and prove we did not get all of our merchandise. Because the check out lady was an employee of Lowe's and because of her bad attitude she and Lowe's ripped us of for about $40.00. Hope our $40.00 makes Lowe's bottom line look better for now. The next $40.00 dollars we spend will be at Home Depot as we refuse to go back to Lowe's from now on.
Joe B

ddduuummmbbbaaassssss...

all you had to do was have them check the cameras at the time you were in there the previous day..and it was your fault you left the merchandise there

Uhh...its your fault for leaving your merchandise. If I paid $40 for something, i would be sure that i had all of my products before i left the store. Common sense, people...

Although the cashier shouldn't have treated you that way... you can call the store and tell them what happened and they will more than likely let you come into the store and get the things you left.

View more comments (3)

SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AT LOWES

Have you ever noticed when shopping at your local Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse that most of the front end are young, attractive girls? I never really did until recently. While moving "up the ladder" I have worked at 7 different Lowe's. In every single one some middle aged manager was screwing a very young cashier...every single one! My current store just completed an investigation where they did absolutely nothing about it. Is it a coincidence that these girls are hired? Always as cashiers? I think not! I think the upper management consistently hires "eye candy" so that they can get off whenever possible. It doesn't matter that its against policy...it doesn't matter that these men are 5, 10, or even 30+ years older than the young *** they hire. Or that these men have wives and families at home. This is a consistant problem throughout an immoral company and I for one have had enough!

I too have notice how these young women give themselves to these pig managers. I feel very sorry for them, but lets not forget they have a choice not to give in.

I work at the Tustin Ca store and about to resign because this conduct makes me sick. I feel so sorry for these women.

These women are poor and will do anything they can to think they will make more money. So sad.

It is very sad but true. Lowe's as a company fosters a sexist atmosphere.

Almost all of the women in any of the Lowe's stores I am familiar with, are limitted to certain departments and jobs. It is not uncommon for promotions and opportunities to exist based more on a females "popularity" amongst the male employees.

Advancements based on "relations" with management, and tolerance to sexual harrassment is unfortunately the norm, not the exception.

i happen to work at a lowes where there are just as many males as females up front. some "cute" or not 18 yrs old up to 70.

i myself included. it is people like you who blow things way out of proportion that give a great company a bad name. did you not get something from your mgr that you wanted?

what about the stores with female mgrs, are they sexually harassing as well. this has to be one of the most uneducated things i have ever read.

I hate to say this, however, I just moved to a new state and had to buy a few things from Lowe's. I actually went there 5 times in one day and at different times of the day.

I found the most attractive women in paints, tools and plumbing section.

Cashier and customer service folks, well, there was alot to be desired. LOL I will give this one particular Lowe's props tho, they had the best customer service I have ever seen in a Lowe's.

I guess you weren't getting any

I agree; Not the company's fault, but the individual case by case bases. I know our HR (a female) seems to actually hire unattractive women, yet that doesnt mean Lowe's only takes the ugly ones. I feel people should be hired for their skills and work ethic instead of their physical assets.

I hate to tell you but this happens everywhere, it isn't just Lowe's. It takes two to mess around. It isn't the company it is the morals of the people involved.

Retailer4life has it on track. This is going on in our store with 3 cashiers, oops, 2 are now dept.

mgrs. in our store. With our pay I guess that makes them cheap somethings.

Wait maybe I misjudge. they've all put in at least 6 months.

Why not hire them? Should only the ugly people be hired?

I work for Lowe's, too, and sadly this is true. (But to be fair, it also happened @ the other 2 retailers i worked for, too. And....these "sweet young things" who could not even find their way out of an open paper bag are the ones that continually get promoted to team leaders or department managers and end up being OUR SUPERVISORS!

Contact information provided by:

www.lowesceo.com :cry

View more comments (10)
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Austin, Texas: *WARNING FOR PET OWNERS*

Do not buy a SAGA PALM PLANT, they are extremley poisining to dogs, cats, and small children. My puppy, who like to chew on things ate some of this plant and is in the hosiptal and may die from eating this. Lowes needs to put wanrings on plants when they are harmful. Why shouldnt they? All chemicals have warnings on them when they are harmful. No one should have to go threw this. We bought the puppy for my daughter for easter and now my daughter might not have a puppy because lowes failed to have warnings on there products.

I am sorry about your dog, but there are many things that are dangerous for him or her to eat. Grapes and onions and chocolate can also be toxic to dogs.

Do you want the grocery store to put a warning label on those, too? Use some sense. If you have a puppy, it will eat EVERYTHING! There are great websites out there you can use to research whether or not a plant is poisonous for a cat or dog.

If you're not sure, it's best to assume that it is!!! I do hope your puppy is ok!

That is your responsibility, not a store that sells a PLANT. Come on!!!!!!!!!

Nearly 40 years ago, when I mentioned to a veterinarian that a Crown of Thorns plant may be poisonous to my brother's cat, he seemed shocked and replied : "Well they're all poisonous, aren't they !?"

A responsible pet owner should know which plants can be potentially harmful to one's pet. It is called doing one's research. Altho' I have my own complaints about Lowes, one cannot hold the store responsible for no warning labels on plants.

This just show how consumers have an attitude of it your fault not mine. Love the comment on the car

Okay first off.... How is the consumer supposed to know what plants are harmful to children and pets....there has to be a warning on chemicals...

so why not plants...

and the puppy didnt eat the whoel thing just one little piece of a leaf. And the plant wasnt in the house it was planted outside.

Maybe SHE should have eaten the palm, and then we would have been spared her pathetic attempt to blame Lowe's!

Yes, this post is quite *** along with the poster. Mr. "Andy Capp" is right.....there are millions of things out there that are poisonous and deadly out there that don't have warning labels and ought not. This person should have done their homework before buying a puppy....there are tons of lists out there that list poisonous things, take the time to look.

Next thing....WHO BUYS A PLANT WHEN THERE IS A PUPPY IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---- Anyone knows that puppies LOVE to chew on stuff...why the h**l would you buy a houseplant that is floor level for the puppy to chew on. Puppies usually chew on weird stuff because they are bored anyway. On your next dog, try buying more toys or playing with it more to tire it out, instead of walking away while he/she roams the house looking for trouble to get into.

If this post was a warning to consumers on how the Sago (yes, Sago...NOT "Saga") plant is deadly to dogs then fine.....great post! But unfortunately the *** ruined it by stating that Lowes should put warning labels on their houseplants. No offense, but that is the dumbest idea I've heard of this month. Thanks, this post just made my day!

Maybe you could keep the puppy from eating the plant! Oh wait....that would mean that YOU would be at fault.

Of course it MUST be someone else that is at fault. Are you the same person that sued McDonald's because their coffee was hot?

First of all, it's Sago Palm, not Saga, and you're an ***.

Do you ask for your grocery store to put a warning on coffee, that it may raise your blood pressure?

Or how about a warning label on your car, that it may run over something?

How about vodka, that it might make you drunk?

Fool

View more comments (9)

Lowes review in Seadrift, Texas: No service

3/23/09 lowes ft worth tx. near loop 820 and hwy 199 around 2 pm t0 2:30 pm I looked for help in lawn and garden eventually I found the barbed wire and t-posts I wanted but could not get to the wire rolls under a shelf. Again I searched for help. Next I went to customer service and waited while a woman talked on the phone for a while. Next I went to a cashier and asked for the stores phone number,called and got a dis-connected number. I called information for the correct number and called and asked for the manager or the service desk. Eventually the operator came back on and asked if she should try again . I said no thanks I will take my business elsewhere. Simms lumber was happy to fill my 1600 dollar order and not turn their back on me and pretend I was not there.

The phone number for each store is posted in LARGE PRINT right behind the customer service desk. And those employees behind the service desk have to also cater to customers on the phone...YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD who needs help.

Thank god you don't shop at Lowe's anymore...people like you make going to work unbearable.

Lowes review in Dallas, Texas: Window Install

I had the Lowes person come out and price 10 out of the 15 windows in our house. We signed the contract. Then the person called back after we signed stating that 2 windows would have to be picture windows and wanted to know if that was ok, I said yes. Then when I asked about the price difference they said they would not change the price. In fact he said he under charged me so I am getting a deal anyway, That was around Jan 9, 2008. The windows were installed on March 14, 2008. I had to keep on them to order the windows and I was managing the project I paid them to do. Then there was warranty issues 4 windows had damage. The final window was repaired on Sept 29th. Now on October 17th I get a certified letter and it was the permit. They did not even pull it until October 8th, 2008. I cannot get the other windows installed until they close this one out. I have called Lowes corp office and did not even get a return phone call. I used there website and they say they will call in 2 days. Still nothing!! All this year we have bought appliances at Lowes and they have been very good about that. But the whole Window issue is driving me nuts. The people at Lowes Exterior Solutions just do not care.

Permits are always the owners responsibility

tough live with it hahahaahahh

live and learn chomphead

ahhahahahh

blah!

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry sounds like another customer that just got up and wanting to *** about something they don't understand.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes does not support their product.

I have a 26 gal. Kobalt air compressor that I need a drive belt for the compressor. I called the 1-888-77LOWES that was on the compressor. they told me they did not service parts so they gave me another number, they gave me another number and after 3 hrs. and several calls I finally got a woman at 1-888-895-4549 ext 351 that said they were the dealers now but the only way they could sell me the belt was to buy a motor assembly. The belt has two numbers on it - 1506 and 62-1289. Lowes still sells smaller and larger Kobalt compressors so I do not understand why they cannot get me something as common as a drive belt. I do not remember how much I paid for the compressor, probably around $200, and it is ashamed that I will have to junk it because you do not support your product. I will know next time to purchase major tools from Sears. They support their products. Jim Burks jimburks9@yahoo.com 501-413-4691

i had the same trouble try master tool repair or arkansas-ope.com you will have to look up kobalt sanborn part #007-0068 model#99007 sanborn is the want who make it

you can get it from master tools i had the same problem

My belt went and by dumb luck I for the fun of it took it to a local lawn and garden shop and bingo. $7.99 later and its up and running.

We also bought a Kobalt air compressor from Lowes. We needed a simple replacement part.

The pressure switch. No body carries it. The CS number in the book you call it 1-866-307-4104 Frank let me know how you make out!

After doing a lot of searching I found out some of the information that Angela supplied. You reported this in 2008 its 2011 now still having problems with Lowes Kobalt!

It's a freaking belt dude. Take the old belt to Napa or any auto parts store and say " I need a new belt"

5 mins later you have a new belt for less then $5.

Lowe's can't sell everything. If you would have looked in your service manual rather then calling lowes you would see that it says "call 1-888-895-4549 for parts or service" You can't blame Lowe's for you being an *** and spending 3 hours on the wrong number. You should be happy they even put up with you for 3 hours for something so dumb. Calling lowes for an air compressor belt is like calling sears for gas for your lawn mower. " What do you mean you don't sell gas for my crafsman lawn mower!? Its a craftsman !" :roll

I have a kobalt 80-gallon air compressor and it's a nice unit. I only needed to call service once and that was for a broken pressure switch housing. 24hrs later a service man showed up to replace it. Free of charge.

@Frank

Well Frank I agree somewhat with your comment. I am the manager at a NAPA and Small Engine shop.

The belt he is looking for is a very small thin belt that doesn't cross with NAPA or any of my small engine parts catalogs.

LOL. Good post though.

@Frank

Hate to tell you *** hole Napa doesn't sell 4 inch poly v belt that go on kobalt air compressors.. Why would they,,, It's an automotive parts distributor..

Lowe's has always sucked like that..

Now who's the dumb ***.. YOU ARE..!!

Your Kobalt is not a Kobalt but a Coleman Powermate privately labeled for Kobalt. Unfortunately if you purchase from sears you will get the same junk.

Sears has companies such as Coleman Powermate and DeVilbiss Air Power make their units also. I know it is irritating but the warranty for your compressor states that you have to take it to an authorized service center. Lowes is not authorized to service or sell parts for Coleman units they only sell them. Many service centers for Coleman cannot sell units only parts.

One alternative is to pack it up and take it back to Lowe's and get your money back. Your real problem should be with the manufacturer for their asinine warranty policy. Just to let you know Coleman Powermate went bankrupt. If you purchased before March 11, 2008 you no longer have a warranty due to the bankruptcy.

If purchased after you need to contact MAT Industries, LLC dba Sanborn Mfg. Truly sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Lowe's is not allowed to support the product, they're just make tons of money selling the junk line.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

call the store you bought it from and ask for their General Manager. After you get him/her on the phone tell them that if they don't refund or replace this product that you will get in touch with their GO and report them that they are not trying to assist you nor will they honor their product.

Get the thing in your car and take it to Lowes and let them know you mean business! It costs them nothing to return a new product to you...

@wshort2@nc.rr.com

That is some funny sh*t.... You obviously have no clue.

View more comments (11)
Loss
Lowes said that they cut tile for customers I bought some quarter round trim to go between my wall and countertop and only needed 4 peices cut into mitered corners. this is a very small job. After i purchased it they told me their saw was broken and sent me to another...

If you refer to the 5th grade as "my senior year" you might be a redneck!

View more comments
Review

Lowes review in San Antonio, Texas: Disabled man waited almost 1 hr & never got helped

We were looking to buy a barbecue grill and a door. My husband is 75 years, disabled and only had his cane, waited in hot sun 20 minutes. Was told be right with you. I brought him into the store and left him looking and reading up on the grills. He had questions before purchase. Three times he asked a salesperson for help and was told be right with you. Waited anothe 45 mins No one came. He called and said lets leave I'm in pain. No place to sit down, He has 8 back surgeries. I have spent a lot of money at this store and I was crying when I complained to the young lady at customer service. It broke my heart that my husband, a retired Vietnam vet, visibly disabled had been treated so shabily.
Ray A

Correction:

In every department at Lowe's is a Sign

Red& Yellow Need Help. Press the button and the intercom will say Help needed in ( Grill's ). Until a associate shows up and turns it off, it will continue!

If the Associate for some reason doesn't help you press the button again. Last resort ask for the

MOD Manager On Duty.

Sincerely,

certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray :) :)

:( Stop complaining all you old people is complain...in reality you probaly only waited like five minutes but in old people time i guess thats an hour....you're just pissed off that you were not helped right when you asked for is....and why did you cry about it silly women

scot1991

I work in retail, and a lot of times customers say this very thing, unfortunatley we all are at the mercy of what our bosses allow us to do, 15 years as a manager I can assure you that no one that works in retail intentionally does anything to hurt the customer or it's just that most of the time there are only two people working in a department, neither of the employees have any control over the payroll, or control of hiring anymore help, and probably are helping another customer just like you.....that's not to say that I, or retail as a whole are not sensitive to your situation, or that I personally am gratefull of your husbands service, like him, I'm sure it's easy for people to criticize and make comments about war or soldiers until you walk in a soldiers boots.... same thing...

retail workers,are people also that have feelings just as you, and want to help, but most of the time, day after day dealing with customers,negatively ,makes youcold, and sometimes short to deal with.... again, not trying to be mean or hurtfull to you, just showing you the other side of that fence......

View more comments (2)
Review

Another fraud caes from Lowes?

My wifes exhusband brought a refrigerator for around $1200, when he declared bankruptcy Lowes changed the name on the account to my wifes name.Is this legal? Her name never appeared on the statement before,She never signed a thing that made her a joint card holder,just a card user, they said they dont keep records passed 3yrs and were welcome to persue legal matters if we like, because it will probably cost us more than the $1200 and they dont care, the person on the phone was very rude and arrogant and could not see anything wrong in what Lowes was doing, so everyone beware!

Lowes review in Dallas, Texas: Lowe's Kitchen Cabinet Dept Sucks

My husband and I have redone kitchens before but never with Lowe's. This time we decided to give it a try. NEVER again. First, it took weeks for the designer to finalize our drawings (and we spent HOURS in the store with him trying to get it done but he was inexperienced with the software). Second, once the cabinets finally came it took over a week for the installers call to schedule an appointment to come verify delivery. (I spoke to the Lowe's people several times a week and they had the delivery date weeks in advance. This delay was Lowe's fault) Third, the finally came to inspect the cabinets and several were the wrong cabinet! Cabinets had been ordered that the salesperson had liked, not what WE wanted. Now we are asking cabinet maker to rush replacements (more cost!) Fourth, we were going to get our counter top from them so we asked them to send out the installer to measure. An older man showed up and took measurements I could have given him over the phone, then told me it would be another week for them to come and make a template and THEN another 6 weeks for the counter top to come in. I told them to cancel it and we found a local store that could have it done in 2 weeks. Fifth, we also ordered appliances from Lowe's and the kitchen cabinet guy had the nerve to "scold" me for ordering through the appliance department instead of directly through him. And last but not least, we had used a 10% off coupon to make our cabinet purchase and the cashier gave us 10% off the total instead of off of only $10,000 (which I guess is policy) and so the Lowe's cabinet guy got less commission and he was mad at us!! He actually complained to us about this error!! How unprofessional! I find that no one knows what anyone else is doing, the cabinet people are over worked and inexperienced, and for the $14,000 we spent, we are very unhappy with the experience and will NOT be shopping there again. Flower Mound, TX

I had a bad experience with the delivery of a washer and dryer. Bounced down the stairs becuse the deliverers "forgot' their straps and dolly at their last house, then they did not hook up the hose correctly and my basement almost Flooded--Mnagement made it right within 2 days without any problems--now I am leary about buying bathroom vanities after what I have read!!!!Yikes!!

I'm having the same problem with Lowes in Hillsborough NJ so it's not just a regional problem. I'm redoing my kithcen so I ordered cabinets, flooring, and the countetop from Lowes. The wrong grout color was installed and they offered to stain it and said someone would be calling me about it but despite my calls, no one has called to schedule the fix.

The quality of the Kraftmaid cabinets was fine, but Lowes gave the installer the wrong date for when the cabinets were going to be installed. That caused another week delay after waiting an initial 6 weeks. There were also issues with Lowes coordinating the sink I watned with the countertop installer.

It's been a HORRIBLE experience and I will never shop at Lowes again. I'd rather pay a little more somewhere else because it's just not worth dealing with them. Lesson learned!

@Victoria

I do not want to relive my horrible experience with lowes cabinet department. They are so inept.

I made them redo the cabinets after the granite was put down. I told them education is not free.

They are totally careless and so are the employees they hire as contractors. They are looking for an easy paycheck

#119757

I think its funny ..."judging by these posts I wont go there now either" you wont see any positive posts on here..because..well read the name

I HAVE HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO. THAT MAKES CABINETS FOR LOWES, MY HUABAND AND I ARE REMODELING OUR KITCHEN SO WE ORDER CABINETS FROM LOWES THROUGH THIS CO.

FIRST OF ALL IT WAS 3 WEEKS LONGER THAN THEY TOLD US WE WOULD GET OUR CABINETS, WHEN WE FINALLY GOT OUR CABINETS WE HAD 18 PIECES IN THE BOXES 10 OUT OF 18 WERE BROKEN SO BAD THERE WAS NO WAY WE COULD USE THEM ,WE CALL THEM AND THEY WANTED US TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CABINETS AND SEND TO THEM, MY HUSBAND WAS VERY UP SET AND FIRM WITH THEM THEY SENT A REP. FROM THE COMPBANY TO OUR HOUSE 2 DAYS LATER THEY COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT KIND OF CONDITION THE CABINEST WERE IN THEN THEY TELL US YOR NEW CABINET WILL BE REPLACED IN 5-6 DAYS ONCE AGAIN THEY HAVE LIED TO US NOW OUR CANINETS WILL NOT BE HERE TO US FOR 2-3 MORE WEEKS WE CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE DOING THIS TO US OUR KITCHEN IS A MESS WE ARE LIVING OUT OF BOXES THAT HAVE OUR DISHES AND COOKING EQUIPMENT IN THEM, SO BE WARE OF THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO.

sometimes people should think about situations in their own jobs when mistakes have been made. sometimes its not only the salesperson faults.

people are stubborn & pig headed & don't realize people working retail have feelings & LIVES just like everyone else. obviously when it comes to an install or fabrication issue its hardly ever something a customer service person can snap their fingers & fix. these stores are open 363 days a year. when your home celebrating holidays with family & friends - they are working taking care of miserbale people who dont even appreciated their time off.

stop all the *** & moaning. get over it.

mistakes are made & im sure you've had a bad day or two & have not treated people exactly right! :upset

@mel

1) no one in the US is asked to work 363 days a year

2) when you make a purchase, in particular one worth thousands of dollars, there should be an expectation that the goods are delivered with the quality and in the timeframe that they were promised

3) living without a kitchen for weeks a time is a tremendously stressing experience

and about the winning and complaining... Have you carefully read your own post?

Cindy

I too am having a big problem with Shenadoah cabinets that I had my contractor order. Sizes were messed up, finish isn't good on some of them, pieces not even ordered by the designer.

And of course Lowes designer takes no responsibility on any of the mistakes. Here is week before Christmas, and since it's an upper corner cabinet they messed up, that prevents the rest of the cabinets from being installed. Their solution: build a box and slide the cabinet in it! Real professional, right?

After spending between $10,000 - $15,000 for cabinets, countertops, flooring, and supplies, I will never shop at the Liberty, MO Lowes ever again. And from the way this thread is reading, the other stores aren't much better.

I find that very sad as I always loved shopping there and it was usually cheaper then Home Depot. :(

#61980

Varies from store to store just like every other retailer out there. Sometimes you will find good people sometimes bad its just how it is.

Im dept manager of Appliances/Cabinets and luckily the two appliance guys I have have 10 and 12 years experience and 15years for myself. Same length of experience for my cabinet guys, but the next lowes about 15 miles from us the appliance and cabinet people for the most part are all new :p

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

i really want to work there. maybe i will be good.

My Husband owns a Contrating Co. and your story sounds all to familiar to me.

He will NOT work for anyone that orders there kitchen cabinets or counter tops from LOWE's. I have a sister and a niece the work there and they both tell me how incompetent the sales people are.

Who are they hiring anyway? All I can give them credit for is that they ARE good looking sales people...and that's IT!

View more comments (11)