State: Texas Clear all filters (293 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in Llano, Texas - Very dissatisfied

2.5
Last year I had a wood fence installed at my home. in Llano Tx. From the very beginning I had problems. Used their installer. 1st the installer said not all the parts I ordered were not there and I would have to pay them to get them. Lowes said all the parts were there including locks for the gates. I called the store numerous times, they said i had to work it out. I called the lowes manager finally he said he would credit my account $1000.00 I had 6 months free interest. I made a payment each month thaen at the end of 6 months I went to pay my account off and they did not credit my account, not $ one dollar. I called the store and the new manager said she would check into it and when I talked with her again she said she could not find any notes about my $1000.00 Needless to say I now shop at Home Depot, where I just bought a matching pair Wash & Dryer. I will never trust Lowes nor refer anyone to them.
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • Fence Install

Lowes in New Braunfels, Texas - Lawnmore repairs

I purchased the lawnmore last year and used it 4 times. After sitting for a few months, I took it out to trim my front yard but it would not start. I took it to Lowes and was told that the Manufacture would warranty the repairs for up to $120. I left it to get repaired. A week later I recieved a call from Lowes telling me the lawnmore was ready. When I went to pick up the lawnmore, I recieved a bill of $103.00. I asked what was extent of the repairs. I was shown an invoice that explained that a spark plug and air cleaner was replaced. I could not believe that a spark plug and air cleaner plus the labor was that expensive. I told them I was not happy with the invoice and refused to pay that amount. After arguing with them the bill was reduced to $60 for only the labor. I then asked about the $120 for the warranty andwas told that it was already included. I can't believe that the total repairs to fix the lawnmore would cost $120 plus $103 which equals to $203. I will NEVER BUY from Lowes, nor take anything to Lowes for repairs!!

Lawnmower warranty’s have never covered spark plugs, air filters or common maintenance parts and labor. In the owners manual along with probably a thousand Youtube videos shows you how to do it.

For a few dollars you could have changed them out yourself, like the rest of us do. Consider it an expensive lesson in life.

The warrant document states exactly what it covers. Why do you feel a warranty should cover consumer abuse and failure to follow directions or properly maintain their product?

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!! YOUR WARRANTY SHOULD HAVE COVERED EVERYTHING>.

THEY RIPPED YOU OFF! REPORT THEM TO THE BBB!

More than likely all they had to do was put fresh gas in it. If you had let it sit for a few months and hadn't stabilized the gas it had more than likely gone bad.

It seems they make their money by taking advantage of people that can't or won't do the maintenance on their lawn mowers, doesn't it? Odd.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Lawn Mower Repair
Cons
  • Useless extended warranty
Warranty issue
Featured

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator

Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowe’s Home Improvement - I have called Lowes twice and am now sending an email. The service I received from Kimberly Brewer in your claims department is provoking. She is rude, talked over me, refused to transfer me to someone else more polite or could answer my questions and told me I had to work with her only! She then disconnected the call. I asked to speak with someone else 7 times. My home was damaged significantly by Lowe’s due to a faulty install that caused a water leak to occur for over a three week period. I have called Lowe’s all week. I also emailed them. When I didn’t respond. When they finally called me back a moment ago the lady was beyond rude and seemed irate that I called and left a total of three messages ( 2 phone calls and one email). She mocked my request to speak to you or anyone else who could provide polite assistance. I’m considering my legal options at this point. I also have asthma along with my child and the the wet Sheetrock reeks of mildew. This fact that there is documented water damage that has accumulated over a three week period is gross negligence at this point and adverse to my health. They would not call me back. I’m also considering having Lowe’s pick up this refrigerator and I will cancel the credit card. This is not the kind of service I expected from Lowe’s. I will be sharing this experience only via social media, I also plan to contact your corporate offices to file a complaint. Lastly, I am requesting to be assigned to another claims examiner. I don’t this or the above issues are unreasonable requests.

Lowe's doesn't have employees that do installations. They contract it out to a third party.

That third party is who your complaint is against, which is probably why they aren't dealing with you. If you sue them, you will lose. You need to sue the company that actually did the installation.

It's in your contract. Read it.

@Anonymous

You’re totally wrong! Those contractors are on a CONTRACT with Lowe’s to do The work, are paid by LOWES to do the install, therefore LOWES is responsible!

Since you mentioned that you are considering your legal options, you do realize that Lowes will Only deal with your lawyer... correct?

Lowes Will Not deal with you.

You also realize that you will have to Pay your lawyer even if he/she decides Not to take on your case... correct?

BouncyCanaanDog

That’s fine. Thanks.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Installation
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Buyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE!!! Spent $3200 to get cabinets and a vanity installed at the store on Bryant Irvin. I received a call 3 weeks after placing the order stating that everything was in. Twenty minutes later, I received another call starting that part of the cabinet was back ordered. No one could tell me why I received the first call. Now three weeks later, and I had confirmed installation again. An hour before the install time window was to elapse, I received another call stating that they ordered the incorrect piece, and it was damaged. All pieces had been at the store for a week (most for over 3 weeks); however, no one bothered to inspect all the pieces. I asked to have the name and phone number/email of the regional manager multiple times but was told they couldn’t provide that information to me. I did some digging and found a number on online. Again, I was told that I couldn’t have the regional manager’s information , but I could file a corporate complaint, and I would be contacted within 24 hours. I called the store back asking to speak to the store manager, and I was turned over to a department manager. I have yet to be able to speak to the ACTUAL store manager or a regional manager.
h.kitchener

Why don't you just cancel the order and go elsewhere? Apparently, Lowe's doesn't really care to have your business.

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - 2 employee's push passed me, never said excuse me.

1.8
Kim and another employee not wearing name tag. Pushed us to the side. How rude. Learn some manners

Lowes in Wichita Falls, Texas - Washer n dryer stackable

Never once in my life would I refer anyone to buy from Lowe’s I have a stackable washer/dryer the washer rinse clothes 5 times than end of cycle we have to ring out the clothes by hand to put in dryer the washer have a loud noise putting water in to spinning clothes Wtf out

First off, what does buying the washer and dryer from Lowes have to do with your problem? If you had purchased the same brand elsewhere you may well still have the problem.

What is the loud noise when the clothes spin? Is it a banging or rattling sound? If so, it may be that the shipping blocks, screws or rods (depending on manufacturer) were not removed when the washer was installed.

This would cause the banging sound and cause the washer not to get to full spin speed. If this is the case removing them should solve your problems.

Lowe's does not manufacture washers or dryers. Lowe's does not manufacture anything, they are a retail outlet.

Your complaint is with the manufacturer.

Lowe's does not test all appliances before they leave the store, they would not know if your appliance has a manufacturer defect. Of course I am sure you know all this, you just wanted to post something negative to be negative.

Product
Washer And Dryer Combination
Bad quality

Lowes in Denton, Texas - Deind able to return product.

3.7
A while back me and my wife purchased some moen Caldwell faucets from you'll because we were trying to remodel our master bathroom. But I was told I had prostate cancer an everything was put on hold so now that we are able to go forward with our project we fine out that the faucets were the wrong ones an all I wanted was to exchange them for the right ones or store credit because I was going to turn around an spend the money there anyway . But the gave me such a hard time saying they couldn't without a receipt which I no longer had it real gave me a sour feeling about shopping at Lowes anymore.....

Receipts are the key to a smooth return no matter where you shop. First of all they prove you purchased the product rather than stole it.

Next, they prove what you paid for the product. They also prove you purchased the product at their store rather than a competitor. It sounds like you have had the faucets sitting around for a while.

It is possible that the faucets are no longer a stock item as well. If in fact the faucets are worth $845 you would be hard pressed to find any store willing to take this amount of merchandise back without a receipt.

@Anonymous

I'm sorry but not everyone holds on to a small piece of paper called a receipt! It's not uncommon for someone to misplace a receipt either.

A huge store such as Lowes should have the option to "look up" by card- if paid by CC/debit.

To be denied a merchandise credit is overall just wrong! C'mon Lowes you can do better than that!

@Steph

They do have the option of using your card to find the item. However, this is only good for up to 2 years.

If they cannot find it through your card, there is nothing they can do.

Most moen faucets require a receipt because they are a high theft item. The register will quite literally deny the return without proper proof.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Return policy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowe s Corporate

Lowes in College Station, Texas - Good riddance

It is with great sadness that I write this post. My husband and I have depended on Lowe's for ALL of our home improvement needs for many years, BUT NO MORE!!!!! They have lied, and lied, and lied some more. Their customer service is HORRIBLE and they obviously do not give a damn if they make a sale or not. Today is Aug 28th. I have been trying to buy a new stove since August 2nd. Lowe's has screwed this sale on a hundred different levels a hundred different times. I truly believe that they are simply clueless robots that don't give a rat's behind about customers. GOOD BYE TO GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!!!!

Too bad you don't support your claim with some details of what went wrong. All too often in ordering appliances the problem is something the manufacturer has done rather than the store.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not stand behind the services
  • Customer service
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Problem with delivery

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Leave your dog home

NE San Antonio IH35 Lowes - I simply cannot understand why they let dogs in the store. This isn't a kennel or dog park. They *** and crap everywhere. Fix your insecurity issues and leave them at home. Lowes employees, says something. If you don't mind cleaning up the mess, then power to you. But shopping there spending real money and I shouldn't have to see or smell this crap. To top it off, most of the time they are not even on a leash. To the Lowes manager: Get your head out of your *** and say something. Get out of your office and actually walk your store. You don't interact and you hate confrontation. How you became a manager is simple a mystery to me and to your employees.

Can't say that I have seen a poorly behaved dog in a store. You will see far more children making more of a mess and behaving poorly in stores. Perhaps it's intolerant people that need to be banned from stores rather than well behaved pets.

h.kitchener

Good point. This is not France.

Lowes Manager

Lowes in Humble, Texas - The worst service ever

1.9
I had them come out and do a survey. I have never heard from them. I had to go and get one from someone else. with that i am going to have them do my whole house. I also got a refrigerator from you all, it was over a week late. the guy the brought it to us walked into my house with no one here. it had a big scratch on it. he was just going to leave it. he was very rude and he didn't want to take it back. i told him to get out and take the refrigerator back and get me another one. we called and they had to order another one because they didn't have there to give me. That took another week. I have never had this bad of service. I thought that you all were a better company then that.

Most companies or services that do surveys don't directly report the results of a survey to the people they survey? What was the survey about? Most surveys done by stores are for internal use in marketing or determining where to build new stores.

@Anonymous

Pretty sure he/she meant a detail. Where they come take measurements for whatever project you're looking into.

However, this person doesn't say whether they tried talking to the store after not hearing anything. I'm sure they tried to call to follow up and got no response back.

Review
#1319707 Review #1319707 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of response