State: Texas Clear all filters (293 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes in League City, Texas - Order and delivery

I have never had so much trouble trying to purchase a washer and dryer. This is a timeline of my experience in Pearland and League City Texas. 06/06: 1405 hours Called Lowe's @ 281-412-6300. Was on hold for 6 minutes, 22 seconds and couldn't get a person to answer. 1411 hours Called Lowe's @ 281-412-6300. Spoke with Naomi who said I can't pay over the phone. That took 11 minutes, 25 seconds. 2145 hours Called 800-445-6937. Was told Naomi was wrong and they could order for me. The problem was that the dryer advertised on Lowes.com wasn't available. Why is it on the website if it can't be sold? This took 40 minutes, 23 seconds. 2231 hours Called 281-337-9770. Placed an order over the phone but the dryer may not be available for 6 weeks. This took 53 minutes, 53 seconds. 06/07 1949 hours Called 281-337-9770 to check on order. This took 14 minutes, 6 seconds. 06/09 0856 hours Called 281-337-9770 to check on order. This took 23 minutes, 45 seconds. The delivery team delivered the washer before the scheduled time frame. My daughter-in-law was at the store purchasing the hoses when they arrived early. We had to hook it up ourselves because they didn't come when promised. 06/12 XPO left a message stating that the dryer will be delivered on 06/13 between 1300-1500. In anticipation, my son pulled out the old dryer and moved it to the garage. 06/13 1046 hours Received a message from 281-337-9770 that the dryer won't be delivered that day. My son had to bring the old dryer back in and hook it up. 06/19 XPO calls and schedules delivery of the dryer on 06/20 between 1130-1330. 06/20 0900: Delivery driver calls and wants to bring the dryer now. No one was home to accept the delivery because we made plans to be there from 1130-1330. The driver said he was going to Galveston and he was nearby now. I reiterated that it was scheduled from 1130-1330. 1330 comes and goes, still no dryer. 1405 hours Called XPO to check on delivery. No change. This took 14 minutes, 47 seconds. 1705 hours Still no dryer. Called XPO . They said delivery window had changed to 1400-1600. I wasn't informed of this. 1800: Delivery team arrives. Said they were late because of the rain. They refused to unload the dryer because my son questioned them on why they were not there at the scheduled time. At the time they arrived, my son was taking a TIMED test. He had to stop taking the test to talk with the (non) delivery team. What is the point of the delivery window if they just show up when it is convenient for them?

Lowes in Kyle, Texas - Delivery Nightmares

We bought a new washer and dryer and they weren't able to deliver it until the following week, which was fine because it was after a big sale weekend so we weren't surprised. We went back a couple days later and bought a stove. They said they couldnt deliver it the same day because the truck was full... which we said no problem. That being said, each time we were told that we would get a call on the delivery day morning letting us know a 2 hour window for the delivery to take place. Long story short: The first delivery (washer and dryer) we NEVER received a delivery window... instead they called and let us know they were 20 minutes away. This was very annoying because everyone in the household works and no one was home, so I had to rush home from work to let them in... and thankfully they were late or, with our luck, they would have just left. The second delivery we did receive a delivery window... between 2-4pm. My wife left work early and went to the house. Around 5pm she sent me a message asking if I had heard from Lowes because no one had shown up yet. I told her no and called the store to follow up. The manager I spoke with at the Kyle, TX location was indifferent and talking to them was useless. I got the truck drivers number who said they would be there by 6... TWO HOURS LATE. The best part? They didn't even show up by 6. We expected more from Lowes in both their delivery process and in their customer service (or lack there of). Beware of their supposed delivery window... it'll cost you both time and money.

Stores should just quit delivering products and require that consumers arrange their own transportation for purchases. There are just too many things that can throw off a delivery schedule that are beyond the control of the store.

The biggest challenges are the consumers that aren't ready for their deliveries. For appliances the door openings may not be big enough. A path may need to be cleared through the house to get an appliance through. People waiting until their delivery is there to take the food out of their refrigerator.

And the list can go on and on. In a perfect world a store could give you an exact time your delivery would arrive but in the real world there are things beyond their control that cause delays.

Just think, have you ever been late to work or an event because of a traffic accident or congested roads? Not something you had planned on, but it just happens.

Lowes Home Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Mesquite, Texas - No flexibility on return policy

I was refused ability to return a pole saw I’d used once as it was past the 30 day return period. Asked for manager and got more of the same. I’ll be back to Home Depot. Returned a lawn mower there last year after 3 months. Goodbye, Lowe’s!

no way u ret. lawn mower after 90 days unless it was still in unopened box

They aren't a rental shop. If you just need to use an item once, go to a rental shop.

People like you, returning an item they only needed to use once causes prices to increase for the rest of us. Stores and manufacturers have to cover the losses caused by people abusing return privileges at stores.

This is Home Depot's return policy that I found on the internet. Most merchandise can be returned within 90 days in unused, like-new, 100% saleable condition and in the original manufacturer’s packaging.So how were you able to return a used lawn mower?

I found their return policy on their website.30-Day ReturnsThe following items must be returned in "like new" condition with the original receipt within 30 days of purchase.Major appliancesRefrigerators, washers, dryers, ranges, hoods, dishwashers, some microwaves, etc.Outdoor power equipmentMowers, chain saws, generators, pressure washers, trimmers, blowers, etc.Online customizable patio setsSpecial Order/unique product collections designed to meet specific customer requirementsLiquid paintHighway trailersMust be returned to a Lowe's store in the original state of purchase with original paperwork including title (if applicable)The key word is "like new" condition.You admitted to using it once, so in the Manager's "eyes" it was not in "like new" condition.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Terrible Customer Service and Worse Communications--

1.9
Lowes essentially seems to be giving all of its customers the middle finger. Good luck with that market approach when we have other alternatives, especially Amazon. I went to Lowes today and there was no one there. No checkout person. No Store Manager. I had over $450 worth of plastic containers and they wanted me to scan each one. I left them right there and walked out. I went home and bought them on Amazon for a little over $35 more. But hey, They deliver overnight. I figure if I am going to do self check out, its easier to do so on my couch. Amazon get that. Lowes does not. If I need something ever again and can't wait for it to be delivered, I will go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Even if it costs more, its worth paying to avoid the frustration. When I tried to get the store manager, she was out. So was the assistant. Had to wait forever to find that out. So, I tried to call the District or Regional Manager. They don't have one. The one person they say exists, they have no contact information for them. So, middle finger it is. Why do you make it so hard to reach a decision maker or a person of responsibility? Its purposeful. I don't have this problem at Home Depot or Ace Hardware. The only thing a brick and mortar store has as an advantage is customer service. Bad customer service is the death of any such company. Will be selling Lowes short and buying Home Depot.

Home Depot isn't a lot better. My local store has 2 sets of 4 self serve registers.

There is a cashier than can scan multiple items on those lines but you may have to wait for her either because she is too busy shooting the breeze with another employee or she is trying to keep up with multiple registers. All a part of the cost cutting measures in a big box store trying to keep the shareholders happy.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service and inability to leave feedback
Give a Damn about Customers

Lowes in Greenville, Texas - Poor customer service

I ordered 2 packs of 200 t-post online. When I called to see if the store had them ready for pickup I was told they would NOT honor the online sell as there was a mistake on the listing. I was told to call the 800 number. I called the 800 number and after more than an hour of speaking an employee and her supervisor I was told that Lowes Marketing was notified and that there was a error in the listing online but my order would be honored at the store I ordered to pick up from and a note place on the order. I then called the store back and the Assistant Manager verified the note and said even with the note from Lowes saying my order was to be honored and filled that they WOULD NOT honor it. I was told my order was being canceled and if I had any further complaints to call Lowes. I explained I did what they told me and even Lowes customer service stated there was an error but my order that was placed was to be honored. Why is a customer being treated like this? I have the order number and names of people I spoke with.
Lowes Pick Up Service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Spring, Texas - Complaint about Pricing & Employees Not Helpful

I went to buy insulation. Above the product in small print says, Original price $17.43 but Sale Price $12.99. The price was located way above the insulation in t he middle. So I thought great its on sale. I bought it for my contractor who is putting siding on my house and I wanted insulation put in this bay window. Then low and behold I get to register and price comes up 17.43. Then to find out when I asked why it rang up not the sale price; they told me it was only for contractors if you bought in quantities. Well that's not fair when your price ticket says it is on sale. Should be for the general public too. Then I asked for a Manager who never came to the front. Wow what customer service? Well this actually did it for me to shop at Lowes. Home Depot has a wonderful team and they are their to please the customer. I would have received the sale price as I have in the past at Home Depot. I went here because it was closer and my contractor was waiting for it. You need to take a lesson from your competitor. Well Home Depot has my business from now on. That's all I can say. thanks

Contractor price means that you buy X amount and get it for a lower price. Example, buy 5 get each one for 12.00 instead of buying 4 and paying 15.00 for each.

This isn't just for contractors, it's for everyone. Contractor price is mostly always in yellow on the price sticker.

Not their fault you can't read.

You will find that Home Depot also lists quantity purchase prices on certain items as well. Where will you go next?

If the cost of the insulation is $17.43, then How is there a monetary loss of $9.00?

Product
Insulation
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Delivery sucks

1.8
we bought a refrigerator last week. they said it was going to take a week which delivery was this sunday. we called twice they told ua they were delivering a washer and our delivery was next they did not come.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes in Lindale, Texas - Extended warranty ripoff

Update by user Apr 22, 2018

I'm done with Lowes. One of the worst companies in the USA. They do not honor warranty.

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2018

Bought extended warranty on riding mower. When the mower broke, they wouldn't honor warranty. Been a customer since 1986, the worst customer service in the business. Will never go to a Lowes store again. Talked to Eric Harmon in customer service. What a waste of my time. He made sure my mower did not get fixed. I asked for second opinion, he refused. Asked to take it back to store to show manager, he again refused.

You fail to say what went wrong with the mower and why they say it isn't covered. These service plans don't cover consumer abuse or neglect. For example, if you ran it without oil it wouldn't be covered.

TheseTarantula
@Anonymous

The mower won't idle.They said carb was dirty and air filter installed backwards. I totally disagree.

I couldn't find any dirt and the air filter can only be installed one way because of the shape of the filter along with the filter shape made into the cover. I tried to install backward and you can't. It was a mechanical issue that I fixed with a zip tie. Idles fine now.

The other issue is the mower wouldn't engage. 3 months mowing grass, really. Turned out to be faulty pulley.

Again fixed myself. Disappointed in Lowes to say the least.

@TheseTarantula

That's what small claims court is for.

TheseTarantula
@Anonymous

Did something better. Mailed corporate my 32 year credit card back and told them what they could with it.

Just spent $1300 on materials and built 170 sq. ft. covered porch. Not one penny spent at Lowes.

Went to Ace Hardware where they asked me if I needed any help when I walked in. In 32 yrs., that NEVER happened at Lowes. I will gladly spend a few dollars more for that kind of service. Lowes has no concept of service from the floor employees, customer service reps (big joke), to corporate heads.

Will be building a very large porch on the back of my house next. My money is going to Ace Hardware.

Product
Lowes Lawn Mower Warranty
Cons
  • Customer service
Warranty issue
Resolved

Resolved: Purchased glass shower door and Lowes installer broke it.

2.0

Update by user Apr 22, 2018

Lowe's, has paid for damage. Thank You

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2018

Lowes said it was my fault because the photo I provided was not proof. When we went to store with photo, no one offered to address the problem and never called to resolve the issue. We had our original shower tile man repair broken tile and presented the bill to Lowes. They refused to pay the $150. This is after 18 years of spending at least $30,000 with them. The day they broke the door, it was 18 degrees outside and they brought the glass in with frost all over it and clamped it down to the brackets. Of course the glass shattered and they did not even clean up all the glass so I worked 3 hours cleaning it better, but still my wife cut her foot a week later. Do not trust Lowes!
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Install contractors are incompetent
Full refund

Lowes in Irving, Texas - Disgruntle Employee gone wild

We went to the store to buy several items one of them was a large tote.There were some on the top shelf.So we called for help.The help came to us in a nice manner but after he strapped himself to an electronic lift the situation went from nice to crazy. The employee pulled all the totes at the same time to the lift. The next thing we see is him throwing the lids down and the lift comes down he gets off the lift and starts yelling and kicking everything around when my spouse told me come on lets go we didn't come here for this *** obviously the guy picked the wrong job to work at the employee started yelling at him and walking angrily towards him and then chest bumped him and yelling told us to leave the store. Then after walking off saying they were going to get security. Came back and wanted to know what we were buying. Having no clue what is wrong with them we called the police. A customer on the same isle went and got the store manager. After talking to her and several other employees the police and my husband go to a private room to talk. Several minutes go by and my husband comes out and tells me they are not going to do anything because it was a he said she said situation and the employee claimed that we insulted him by pulling a tote out of his hands causing him injury. Funny they never talked to the guy who witnessed the whole thing and didn't know us from Adam. The store claimed they had no camera in the area. And only one person said they were sorry cleaned up the mess and gave us a tote. Nothing else was said to us. Do not no the outcome as we were not told anything further from any of the staff that day. All we can do is assume they were siding with there employees version of the situation even though the so called non camera would clearly show different. And the area was clearly a mess from the lids hitting the floor and being kicked around. Never ever again will we go to this location.

Something is missing from this story.

Employee Assault
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution