State: Texas Clear all filters (12 of 4926 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

3.1
Pissed off...Lowes protection plans are a scam
I am have similar issues with Lowes about my 11 year epp protection plan. I bought the Bosch tankless water heater in May 2009. We all know that this is not cheap. Last week the thing leaked water out of the heat exchanger and some how managed to get into the electronics. I called to get the situation resolved but it seems that they can’t locate the receipt. I sent the pic of the receipt to the claims dept. to prove I purchased the extended protection plan with the unit. Then they came back and said there was no service provider and no contracts were issued. They are *** me off to the point that I will have to get in contact with the attorney general here in Texas. Lowes warranties are a scam. I went ahead and purchased another water heater from Lowes with the protection plan again. I am thinking twice about taking my receipt back and getting a refund. Then, purchase home warranty before the unit goes out.

Which is why I steer clear of big box stores, extended warranties, and most of all home warranty’s .

#1671969

Tankless water heaters are pieces of trash too many electronics! If you don’t rescale them every 6 months, the calcium, lime and other minerals from the water will corrode it, since there is no collection tank or sacrificial anode.

Instant hot water turns into instant cold water. Extended warranties are total rip offs, same as home warranties. But, everyone wants their toys.

What’s wrong with a standard, cheap water heater? Not good enough for you?

@Anonymous

The older tankless hot water heaters have no electronics. We purchased one from a supplier, whose name I have forgotten, in 1983,in New England.

It worked very well and lasted about 15 years. They replaced it with an upgraded model (no electronics) at a reduced price.

This model lasted another 10 years until we sold the house. I do not know long it worked after we sold out.

@Anonymous

I should let you know that my water heater is located in the attic in a single story home. You have to crawl over duct work and only have a 4 foot of limited height and width to move water heater through until it opens up to a larger area.

It’s very hard to do all that if your the only one doing it. On top of that a family of 6 uses a lot of hot water.

Most people would have learned their lesson the first time. Why on earth would you buy another extended service plan when you know good and well it isn't with anything?

you can sue Lowe's all you want, but they have nothing to do with any protection plan other than selling them.

Asurion possibly

View more comments (6)
Product
Lowes Protection Plan

Lowes review in Dallas, Texas: Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator

Lowes review - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowes review - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowe’s Home Improvement - I have called Lowes twice and am now sending an email. The service I received from Kimberly Brewer in your claims department is provoking. She is rude, talked over me, refused to transfer me to someone else more polite or could answer my questions and told me I had to work with her only! She then disconnected the call. I asked to speak with someone else 7 times. My home was damaged significantly by Lowe’s due to a faulty install that caused a water leak to occur for over a three week period. I have called Lowe’s all week. I also emailed them. When I didn’t respond. When they finally called me back a moment ago the lady was beyond rude and seemed irate that I called and left a total of three messages ( 2 phone calls and one email). She mocked my request to speak to you or anyone else who could provide polite assistance. I’m considering my legal options at this point. I also have asthma along with my child and the the wet Sheetrock reeks of mildew. This fact that there is documented water damage that has accumulated over a three week period is gross negligence at this point and adverse to my health. They would not call me back. I’m also considering having Lowe’s pick up this refrigerator and I will cancel the credit card. This is not the kind of service I expected from Lowe’s. I will be sharing this experience only via social media, I also plan to contact your corporate offices to file a complaint. Lastly, I am requesting to be assigned to another claims examiner. I don’t this or the above issues are unreasonable requests.

Lowe's doesn't have employees that do installations. They contract it out to a third party.

That third party is who your complaint is against, which is probably why they aren't dealing with you. If you sue them, you will lose. You need to sue the company that actually did the installation.

It's in your contract. Read it.

@Anonymous

You’re totally wrong! Those contractors are on a CONTRACT with Lowe’s to do The work, are paid by LOWES to do the install, therefore LOWES is responsible!

Since you mentioned that you are considering your legal options, you do realize that Lowes will Only deal with your lawyer... correct?

Lowes Will Not deal with you.

You also realize that you will have to Pay your lawyer even if he/she decides Not to take on your case... correct?

Shad M

That’s fine. Thanks.

View more comments (3)
Featured
Lowes Installation
Damaged or defective
Lowes review - HVAC a disaster
Lowes review - HVAC a disaster
I purchase a central unit for my home at Lowe's , Decatur Texas. A Ary Company Heating and AC. did the installation. The unit is call a packed unit, mean the heat and AC is in one unit with plenum boxes run on the crawl space connected with flexible ducts. Well A Ary,...

Have the same problem in Brooklyn, NY. Fast to respond to make the sale but impossible to reach when you have a problem.

Installer Nick from CCH Mechanical does not return your calls and CPO project coordination Sharon Jones is just as unprofessional as the installer. Have had my unit in for 1-1/2 month and still waiting for them to contact me on an existing problem from day one.

They just don't return your calls! Advise not to use Lowe's for any of your HVAC install.

View more comments
Featured
A Ary Air Conditioning Hvac Installation
Cons
  • Hvac installation sucks
Loss
Price reduction
Tags
  • Hvac Installation Sucks

Lowes review in Jasper, Texas: Disappointed with customer service

4.0
Lowes review - Disappointed with customer service
Lowes review - Disappointed with customer service
I got a plank cut for my birdhouse. The employee didn’t know how to operate the machine and got hurt. With the help of a customer, he finally cut it, but there was blood on it. He proceeded to sell me the product with blood on it. Nothing was done to fix the situation. When I started to check out, my credit card wouldn’t read. Management refused to enter the card manually, so I had to leave the entire purchase, because all I had was my credit card. I called corporate and made a complaint. Nobody ever called me back.

NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

!Lowes has absolutely NO control over their subcontractors.I learned the hard way that you should NEVER pay for the complete job to include the labor before the job is done.

Lowes gets your money and then you have to fight to get the job completed correctly.Hire a local company to do the work and then you only pay when the job is complete .At Lowes you pay for the whole job labor and all and then have no recourse if the subcontractor does not complete the job correctly.Your screwed unless the contractor comes back, as Lowes cannot make them do anything.NEVER have Lowes install anything ! !

Lowes Customer Care
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Kyle, Texas: Kitchen remodel & design

Lowes review - Kitchen remodel  & design
Almost 3 months ago this hellacious process started. The tear out and install should have taken a month at most. I have drawers that hit the handles of opposing drawers which prevents them from opening up all the way and I have TWO different styles of cabinets!! I paid for the expensive Kraft maid brand and what they sent was something less. The entire process has been a nightmare and Lowes and it's upper management chose to not stand behind the customer much less their work. DO NOT Do business with Lowes for kitchen remodels much less design. I reached out to the CEO and actually got a response from someone at corporate however they finally responded and said they won't help me.

I understand your anger, truly.

What I will say is simply this... the old adage of " you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar" could not be more true.

Keep consistent, but stay understanding.

You will get results. They may take time.

What you have to understand is when it comes to Installed Sales... These Installers are chosen by corporate and not the store, and they sign very specific contracts with how and what they will do.

At times many installers are scheduled multiple weeks out. So for them to immediately stop and return to your home would set a ripple that would impact dozens others. Sadly we cant force the installers to fix or change anything.

Its much like getting hit by someone with out insurance...

it happens but you at no fault of your own are left with all the costs... now imagine this in the contexts of peoples home's. An average Lowe's installed department goes into 23 peoples homes a day. That's 115 peoples projects a week.

Even at a 95% completions success rate. Incidents happen.

Lowe's will always make it right, but they try not to just open up the register and throw money at a problem... often times the process is long due to them holding the installers responsible.

Santo
@Anonymous

Very wise advice. Being a senior citizen makes for lots of exasperating experiences with installers, but we find that kindness while angry is a skill difficult to employ.

We have been waiting for a Lowes installer for a month to get the fence up. :)

@Anonymous

If you look at the picture you see a basic design error. The designer didn't place a filler next to a blind corner cabinet. Who ever drew the kitchen was either new or in a rush and skipped the required filler.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • I described it already

Lowes - Cantreadit Review from Garland, Texas

Lowes - Cantreadit Review from Garland, Texas
Why does ink fade on the receipts so quickly? I have a rebate from a few days ago and now it's not legible. Thermal paper/ink receipts seem like a shady and unfair way of doing business.

Thermal receipt paper reacts to heat. Don't leave the receipts in your vehicle or where they are exposed to sunlight.

Keep them in a file in your home and you will find they don't fade much. Kept in a file, they will be much easier to find when you need them as well.

Bad quality

Lowes review in Tyler, Texas: Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care

2.3
Lowes review - Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care
cust id 1963692 10/24/2014 Today my wife and I went to Lowe's to get some tools and look at tool chests. Standing in the store we check online and see this deal on a Kobalt chest, item #351117 and see they have one remaining in stock. We checked the aisle but didn't see it, or even a spot for it. We went back and looked at the demo models and saw the chest. $469, with the item number shown (took photo of tag, included here), and a new item number shown below that (Item #538545). The guy helping us is baffled but assures us that weird as this is, we obviously should get the demo. He gets the assistant manager. The assistant manager says that product is now Item #538545. We point out that online shows one 351117 available and that the product is identical (see comparison). He states that their inventory must be off. I ask him what if I purchase it online, right there. He says it won't work but try. I get to the shopping cart before he stops me and said it doesn't matter, they would just refund my money and tell me they didn't have the product. We argue back and forth, he looks locally for the 351117 chest and nobody has one. Note that the original online sale was shown to go thru 11/22/2014. He offers 25% off the $469 price. We decline and leave. I called Lowes corporate in the parking lot. Helped by a friendly guy (customer id 1963692) who listens, then starts looking for the 351117 chest. Note that my time with him ends up at 90 minutes, 9 seconds. We drive home while I'm on hold. The service rep pops back on now and then and he's clearly confused by this too. Big sale, the item is nowhere. He asks me for my store location, then reads the sale price for the item off to me. $258.99. He comments on that being a great price, keeps looking. More holding, he's trying this, trying that, commiserating with me, has repeated the sale, the price etc. Finally he says he found one! In Claremore. That's a couple hours away so he says he'll see if he can get it shipped to my house, can I hold? This is a long hold. 20-25 minutes. He comes back. His tone is change, no humor, very dry. Claremore has one, but not at the price I mentioned. He asked me what that price was again. Says he can't find it online. Am I sure it's the right item? I'm dumbfounded. I point out to him that we talked about these things, he read the price to me - and now he's acting like this didn't happen. I look online during this chat and Lowe's has changed the item price to $399.00. No sale. The $469, same item different item number, is online as well. No sign of the sale that started this. The customer rep simple says "Is there anything else I can help you with?" No, I guess not. So here's my complaints: 1. Lowe's online posted up a nice sale on a toolbox that simply was not available. Anywhere. On October 24 for an item sale lasting through 11/22/2014. 2. Lowe's took an item, changed the item number, and bumped the price up $100 and refused to honor the sale price of the item simply because they changed the item number. 3. Lowe's literally changed the website information during my 90 minute customer service call, then denied that the sales information, which I'm posting here, even existed. I can't imagine this is legal, but I don't think there's really any customer protection in America any more. All I can do is vote with my wallet and share this experience publicly. There aren't so many hardware store options any more but I know how to buy online from Amazon. I won't purchase from Lowe's again.
Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver Item #538547 (formerly Item #351117), in good condition, to my home for $268.99

Lowes review in Arlington, Texas: Exterior Door & Paint Purchase

Lowes review - Exterior Door & Paint Purchase
Lowes review - Exterior Door & Paint Purchase
The worst experience EVER! We purchased an exterior door (primed pre-hung door). We were told to use a Duramax Exterior Semi-Gloss Tintable White Latex-Base Paint and Primer in One. When we installed the door the next day the paint was peeling off as if it was tape. We were originally told the door would be exchange, now the District Store Manager by the name of Jeremy doesn't even want to return my call. I will never shop at Lowes. Closing my account even if it hurts my credit score. I will not refer or recommend Lowe's to anyone! Not Happy at all! :|

did you read the instructions? did you lightly sand preprimed door to recieve the next coat of piant,Was the door painted in high humithy, What was the outside temp? really why would you expect a new door when you did not follow instructions on painting the door ?

Preferred solution
Exchange door and paint as originally promised.
Tags
  • Poor management skills
  • defective products
  • scare tatics
  • Intimidating customer
  • Bad Communiation

Lowes review in Houston, Texas: Great hookup job on my oven

Lowes review - Great hookup job on my oven
Not only has our oven taken 3 months to get to my house....(with the microwave still not here yet) lowes sent some Neanderthal over to my house and this is how he left the wiring....not only is it a fire hazard but being the owner of an electrical company I am extremely upset and amazed at the fact that someone could do this work and think it was acceptable....stop hiring non-licensed people to do your *** and this won't happen...if one of my employees did this I would can their ***...not only does lowes have horrible customer service in the store but it's even worse outside of it

Holy *** that is *** crazy! I'm a Flooring installer for Home Depot and have a few other accounts and with these accounts I have to have liability insurance for up to 2 million and workman's comp along with at least 3 yrs min exp criminal back ground check and references for installations going back to 3 yrs before I can even be a badged installer.

As do all sub contracting installers of any skilled trade. I know that in other fields such as in your case electrical. That the technician must have at least 2 yrs of completed schooling, 3 yrs on the job exp, and the same in insurance as I do.

So with that being said if it was the delivery guy delivering the oven that did that to your electrical, then sir you may have grounds for a lawsuit.

It is totally against policy for any delivery guys to make any kind of changes to a homeowners property. Meaning if it don't fit, or doesn't have the correct hook up or outlet for installation then they must stop immediately and let customer or home owner know immediately.

I know Home Depot has strict policies against that sort of thing. The same reason we have to carry our "own" insurance, have back ground checks, etc before we can even be badged as their installer and given work orders to enter any of their customers homes.

You say that you are an owner of an electric company, I notice that you did not say you were a contractor, so it does not mean that you are a licensed Master or journeyman electrician. If you did own your own contracting business, you would know all for the codes associated as you are liable for all that your Master does as he falls under your business umbrella.

So, you should have been paying attention and called the Master of the company providing service for your install. The employee that provided your service may not even be certified, you should know that. He only needs to work under the direction of a licensed Master as per code, who does not have to be at the work site. Though most jurisdictions require the worker to be at least journeyman qualified.

So, your failure is to not monitor the situation and allow him to leave without reviewing his work. I agree with the earlier comment below. As an owner, it would have been no cost for you to have even your master to come over and install it the correct way. This job is quite easy, a quick review of the codes and you could have installed it yourself.

Even with all of this said, Lowe's needs to be given reviews of the contractors that they hire. I do not work for Lowe's, but have used their contractors in the past.

They always are welcoming of contractor reviews and are willing to work with the customers, at least from what I found out. You should have contacted your local Lowe's first and tried to get the problem corrected.

If you own an electrical company like you say you do, why would you or one of your employees wired the outlet for the range? Seems odd that you would hire Lowes to do it.

@Anonymous

Lol! I thought the same thing!

View more comments (3)

Compare Lowes vs Home Depot

Latest Question

Lowes Questions

Lowes - Paint Desk Service Review from Colleyville, Texas

Didn't need paint but just was tired of walking around looking for someone to help me. Waiting 15 min for service at the paint desk And no one has come. Store seems empty and unattended to. Very poor service. Will go out of my way to Home Depot out of my community and see if they would like to have my money. Thx lowes for a complete waste of time.