State: Texas Clear all filters (291 of 4920 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Carrollton, Texas: Products on line are never availble in store or delivery in my area.

2.3
Last month I went to a store 20 miles away to buy fertilizer. Lowes web site claimed it was available. It was not. An employee told me there is none. Another told me Lowes updates it records once a week. Now I want to buy Compost as shown on line. There is none available in my state.

Lowes review in Longview, Texas: Water bottles

When you buy the initial bottle water for $13 then return it for a fresh bottle of water for $7......it is simple people. You are actually just using their bottles, the bottles are actually worth nothing if you don’t want a water refill. Just get over it and sell them on Facebook for $5 or $6 and forget about it.
Exactly as described/ advertised

Lowes review in Houston, Texas: Lowe's doesn't honor rebates

Tried paint rebate - submitted as specified - rebate center pretends the receipt didn't include a qualifying item.

The website on my receipt for the paint rebate was not correct. When I went to the store about it, a girl named Hannah went to lowes.com website and scrolled down to rebates and was able to take care of it for me.

Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review in Southeast Montgomery, Texas: No refridgerator yet..

Picked out a fridge on Fri and the guy in appliance section ran it through pc and said it can be delivered on Sun. Paid for it up front and they couldn't tell me what time. Sercice desk said it would take 2 weeks. Wife was more patient than me and decided to call warehouse. Warehouse said itll be delivered tomorrow (Sat) betweeen 2:30 and 6:30...Great! At 5:30 Sat I call the warehouse and they tell me it didnt come in the night before but will be in tonight. They try to reschedule me for the following day and put me on hold for 10 minutes. We can't reschedule you sir because rhe fridge hasn't come in. ...what? It wasnt there the first time you scheduled me... but ok. We'll try to schedule you tomorrow if it comes in. These jokers will never get another dime from me for something thats not in my hand.
Lowes Shipping Service
3.6
Bought a handicap toilet with a Lowes installation which was on sale for $99. When installer took old toilet off, he said he could not install the new one because the ring on the bottom was wrong. He said he would have to chip some of the floor tile and concrete out...

It’s hard to tell what’s UNDER the toilet, until the old one is removed. Be prepared for any unexpected problem that might be found, such as rusty bolts, broken flange, water damage, termites, mold, and rotten wood, to name a few.

Why is it Lowe’s fault your house won’t fit the new toilet you bought, without additional work. Why should the plumber eat it, because you didn’t tell him your ring would need to be replaced?

Ridiculous. People always trying to steal or extort money from the hardworking legitimate businesses.

View more comments
Lowes Toilet Installation
Pros
  • Products offered
Cons
  • Told one install price nailed for 4 times that amount
Reason of review
Not what sales ma told me
Loss
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Rippoff On Installation

Lowes review in Conroe, Texas: *** Company

Screw Lowe's lying, cheating, backstabbing company. POS company cost me a lot of wasted time and money. Never again with these Morons-Karma is going to be a Major ***

YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE AT LEAST 50 WORDS IN YOUR REVIEW. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SOME NUT-JOB POSTING OVER YOUR SMART PHONE SHOULDN'T GIVE YOU A PASS FROM POSTING SOMETHING THAT IS INTELLIGIBLE AND MAKES SENSE.

Absolutely worthless post. If you are going to take time to make a post tell the story.

Let people know what they did that upset you so. Rambling on doesn't convince anyone there is a problem.

View more comments (1)
Bad quality

Lowes review in Conroe, Texas: Delivery Joke

Never mentioned delivery time, got a phone call stating they were 10 minutes away and I told the guy I was out in the field working and he said he would reschedule but gave me no time frame or date. Told him I get home @ 5:00 pm every day. Got a message on my phone to call Lowes and set delivery time and date called and was on hold for appx 20 to 25 minutes and then was hung up on, called back and the same thing. Called the next day and was on hold again for 20 to 25 minutes and again was hung up on, tried one more time and finally, someone answered and I told her I need my washing machine and I get off work @ 5:00. She replied can only schedule for Sat between 0:900 and 1:00 pm, I told her Gallery Furniture will deliver up to 10:00 pm 7 days a week and she laughed. Now I am pissed and told her to cancel my order and give me my money back, waisted my memorial day weekend end to buy a washing machine that I really needed that day but was willing to wait a day or two but not a week which is a joke. Lowes warehouse is located in the Greenspoint area and I live in Tomball. I was impressed they did give me a 10% military discount which Homr Depot struggles to do and I swore Lowes will only be the place to shop from now on but now that has changed as I am a man of principle, I don't jerk my customers around and do whatever it takes to get it done in a timely and affordable manner and the customer comes first. I don't see this with Lowes, no service or communication after the sale.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution

Horrible experience with Lowes contractor Jeff Young in the Rockwall, Texas store. See details below.

We purchased Range, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Microwave drawer, Washer, and Dryer. We contracted with Lowes in Rockwall, Texas to do updates to our cabinets with Cathy Anderson designer and contractor Jeff Young. After Cathy and Jeff came to our home for a walk through they were aware of our expectations. Jeff brought a man named Herb that turned out not to be a certified electrician that put some wires together for a light with our gas logs. It smoldered and melted. Repair cost us $522. plus the second man he brought to fix the lights on the same day that installation mgr Dustin Younger came to our home cost us $550. During the 2 days prior Jeff came to our home and presented us with 3 other bills that he said we owed him on the side of the Lowes contract. I called in and was told that your contractors are not allowed to do on the side jobs. Jeff came in and out of our house 4 times the next day saying if someone he brought to work at our home that he get $100. paid to him. He upset my husband and I so much that I ask him to leave and that I will call the police if he comes back to our home. I gave a picture of one of the bills Jeff told us we owed him. Jeff hired his nephew Chase to do the updates to our cabinets. Jeff was supposed to bring the materials. He failed to bring to right materials so Chase used what he sent. It looked so bad that we had to pay another carpenter to rebuild them. The Painter had to come back and prime and paint them. Back to the 2nd electrician John Vslac the Jeff brought to our home did not do the work he stated he would do and got to us for $600. in light fixtures that he said he would purchase at a wholesaler and install. We never saw these fixtures and paid for work he did not do. Our total loss for these expenses were $3,050. not to mention 6 light fixtures in our garage that turned up missing during this time. I have called Lowes customer care and you told me that the contractor is responsible to pay these expenses. I sent these expenses to Jeff Young and he agreed to pay $1,800. We told him to be fair and resolve this matter we would accept $2,500. Jeff Young wrote back this week and said due to some changes at Lowes he was only willing to pay $522. We need an answer from Lowes as to how much we are going to be refunded for our expenses. Other wise we have no choice but to turn this over to our attorney to resolve this matter. If you have any questions , please give us a call. Ricky and Teresa Langford treysmimi@att.net 903-275-6855
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • How i was treated
  • Jeff young out of the rockwall
Loss
Full refund
Tags
  • lowes rudeness
  • Bad Employees

Lowes review in Northeast Dallas, Texas: Lowe's of Garland

2.2
There is no associates to help in the store at all. Some departments have only one person covering three departments. Then you have to wait over several minutes up to 45 minutes to have a product that they have in their topstock area then find someone who can drive equipment and the I can see the poor associate getting frustrated with his own company but it looks like customer service has been getting really bad at the Garland location.

I disagree that local means good service, has anyone tried to get estimates without having to beg them to come out. And since they are small they do not always seem to care about service either. What is happening is we have generations of the “you owe me” and “I should not have to do that it is outside my job description” people in the workforce that just do not understand that the customer is the reason for your job not the reason for your problems

For me Lowes is the best last 14 years I shopped at Lowe's three times a week customer service and every Department excellent if there's a bad day mr. Paul thank you for your expect and care for customers

You are shopping at a big box discount store. Why are you expecting good service?

If you want good service shop a local hardware store like Ace, local lumber yards or plumbing suppliers.

Yes, you will pay a little more but someone needs to pay the salespeople that you don't see at Lowes. The choice is clearly yours, low price and no service or pay a little more and get the service you want.

@Anonymous

I agree with you 100%. I would much rather pay a little more and get better service.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Store
Cons
  • Service
customerservice

3.1
Pissed off...Lowes protection plans are a scam
I am have similar issues with Lowes about my 11 year epp protection plan. I bought the Bosch tankless water heater in May 2009. We all know that this is not cheap. Last week the thing leaked water out of the heat exchanger and some how managed to get into the electronics. I called to get the situation resolved but it seems that they can’t locate the receipt. I sent the pic of the receipt to the claims dept. to prove I purchased the extended protection plan with the unit. Then they came back and said there was no service provider and no contracts were issued. They are *** me off to the point that I will have to get in contact with the attorney general here in Texas. Lowes warranties are a scam. I went ahead and purchased another water heater from Lowes with the protection plan again. I am thinking twice about taking my receipt back and getting a refund. Then, purchase home warranty before the unit goes out.

Which is why I steer clear of big box stores, extended warranties, and most of all home warranty’s .

#1671969

Tankless water heaters are pieces of trash too many electronics! If you don’t rescale them every 6 months, the calcium, lime and other minerals from the water will corrode it, since there is no collection tank or sacrificial anode.

Instant hot water turns into instant cold water. Extended warranties are total rip offs, same as home warranties. But, everyone wants their toys.

What’s wrong with a standard, cheap water heater? Not good enough for you?

@Anonymous

The older tankless hot water heaters have no electronics. We purchased one from a supplier, whose name I have forgotten, in 1983,in New England.

It worked very well and lasted about 15 years. They replaced it with an upgraded model (no electronics) at a reduced price.

This model lasted another 10 years until we sold the house. I do not know long it worked after we sold out.

@Anonymous

I should let you know that my water heater is located in the attic in a single story home. You have to crawl over duct work and only have a 4 foot of limited height and width to move water heater through until it opens up to a larger area.

It’s very hard to do all that if your the only one doing it. On top of that a family of 6 uses a lot of hot water.

Most people would have learned their lesson the first time. Why on earth would you buy another extended service plan when you know good and well it isn't with anything?

you can sue Lowe's all you want, but they have nothing to do with any protection plan other than selling them.

Asurion possibly