State: Texas Clear all filters (12 of 4845 reviews match)
filters
Show

Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Buyer beware buying power tools from Lowes

Update by user Oct 30, 2014

After contacting the corporate number the following day the store manager contacted me. He indicated to me that the shift manager was incorrec.

We were given a refund.

It should have never required this much effort for their customer. Had the manager even read his own receipt he would have known he was wrong.

Original review posted by user Sep 30, 2014

Purchased a drill and impact driver Set from Lowe's. I purchased a replacement plan at the same time. 60 days after the purchase the drill broke. I took it back to get the replacement had my receipt in hand only to learn that the Lowe's employee did not register the replacement plan. The drill was replaced because it was within the 90 days of purchase. I was told that the previously purchased protection plan had to be repurchased because they did not transfer. The original replacement plan cost was just given to Lowe's because they never registered and thus I received nothing in return for that $20. The attitude of the staff was that there was just nothing they could do about it. Lowes should have refunded my original $20 because I never received anything for it but they didnt agree. In my opinion one should never buy power tools from Lowes or one should never purchase protection plans from Lowe's. Buyer beware.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll avoid that store......

Review
  • deceptive
  • Tool protection plan

Lowes in Frisco, Texas - False appliance sale

Lowes - False appliance sale
So this one time I took someone advice and decided to buy my appliance from lowes big mistake. I ordered online, confirmation came that can pickup my order from store tomorrow. Drove 40 miles to pickup, they were like oh that was a mistake, that item is our floor model, we can't give it to you and we don't have one. "Do you want your money back" she said!!! So I lost $65.00 service call fee from the plumber no appliance. I called their lot line guy names Codie said ill get someone to call you. Then this guy name Dan Moree, called once 9:54pm and left a message. Called 5 times since then never replied my call. (This is at Frisco Texas store) spoke to other manager name Krystal or christen she also handed me around. Long story I should have stayed with Home Depot. Lowes you are a mistake and waist of time. Soon you will be the next Blockbuster. If you go on their web site still same order will go through the same way. They don't even care to fix it. I'll share my story with as many people as I can to save them from from loosing time and money.

You are a CUSTOMER. It is not your job to determine what the on hand quantity is at the store.

If it says your item is available for delivery or pick up.....it should be available!!!! Lowes sucks at customer services. "We screwed up?

Oh well. Too bad for you and all the inconvience we put you through......." that is local store motto at Lowes.

Common sense would have told you to call ahead before driving is far and you can call ask questions the website will tell you what the on hand quantity is.

View more comments (1)