State: Texas City: Dallas Clear all filters (34 of 4874 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes does not support their product.

I have a 26 gal. Kobalt air compressor that I need a drive belt for the compressor. I called the 1-888-77LOWES that was on the compressor. they told me they did not service parts so they gave me another number, they gave me another number and after 3 hrs. and several calls I finally got a woman at 1-888-895-4549 ext 351 that said they were the dealers now but the only way they could sell me the belt was to buy a motor assembly. The belt has two numbers on it - 1506 and 62-1289. Lowes still sells smaller and larger Kobalt compressors so I do not understand why they cannot get me something as common as a drive belt. I do not remember how much I paid for the compressor, probably around $200, and it is ashamed that I will have to junk it because you do not support your product. I will know next time to purchase major tools from Sears. They support their products. Jim Burks jimburks9@yahoo.com 501-413-4691

i had the same trouble try master tool repair or arkansas-ope.com you will have to look up kobalt sanborn part #007-0068 model#99007 sanborn is the want who make it

you can get it from master tools i had the same problem

My belt went and by dumb luck I for the fun of it took it to a local lawn and garden shop and bingo. $7.99 later and its up and running.

We also bought a Kobalt air compressor from Lowes. We needed a simple replacement part.

The pressure switch. No body carries it. The CS number in the book you call it 1-866-307-4104 Frank let me know how you make out!

After doing a lot of searching I found out some of the information that Angela supplied. You reported this in 2008 its 2011 now still having problems with Lowes Kobalt!

It's a freaking belt dude. Take the old belt to Napa or any auto parts store and say " I need a new belt"

5 mins later you have a new belt for less then $5.

Lowe's can't sell everything. If you would have looked in your service manual rather then calling lowes you would see that it says "call 1-888-895-4549 for parts or service" You can't blame Lowe's for you being an *** and spending 3 hours on the wrong number. You should be happy they even put up with you for 3 hours for something so dumb. Calling lowes for an air compressor belt is like calling sears for gas for your lawn mower. " What do you mean you don't sell gas for my crafsman lawn mower!? Its a craftsman !" :roll

I have a kobalt 80-gallon air compressor and it's a nice unit. I only needed to call service once and that was for a broken pressure switch housing. 24hrs later a service man showed up to replace it. Free of charge.

@Frank

Well Frank I agree somewhat with your comment. I am the manager at a NAPA and Small Engine shop.

The belt he is looking for is a very small thin belt that doesn't cross with NAPA or any of my small engine parts catalogs.

LOL. Good post though.

@Frank

Hate to tell you *** hole Napa doesn't sell 4 inch poly v belt that go on kobalt air compressors.. Why would they,,, It's an automotive parts distributor..

Lowe's has always sucked like that..

Now who's the dumb ***.. YOU ARE..!!

Your Kobalt is not a Kobalt but a Coleman Powermate privately labeled for Kobalt. Unfortunately if you purchase from sears you will get the same junk.

Sears has companies such as Coleman Powermate and DeVilbiss Air Power make their units also. I know it is irritating but the warranty for your compressor states that you have to take it to an authorized service center. Lowes is not authorized to service or sell parts for Coleman units they only sell them. Many service centers for Coleman cannot sell units only parts.

One alternative is to pack it up and take it back to Lowe's and get your money back. Your real problem should be with the manufacturer for their asinine warranty policy. Just to let you know Coleman Powermate went bankrupt. If you purchased before March 11, 2008 you no longer have a warranty due to the bankruptcy.

If purchased after you need to contact MAT Industries, LLC dba Sanborn Mfg. Truly sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Lowe's is not allowed to support the product, they're just make tons of money selling the junk line.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

call the store you bought it from and ask for their General Manager. After you get him/her on the phone tell them that if they don't refund or replace this product that you will get in touch with their GO and report them that they are not trying to assist you nor will they honor their product.

Get the thing in your car and take it to Lowes and let them know you mean business! It costs them nothing to return a new product to you...

@wshort2@nc.rr.com

That is some funny sh*t.... You obviously have no clue.

View more comments (11)
Loss
Lowes said that they cut tile for customers I bought some quarter round trim to go between my wall and countertop and only needed 4 peices cut into mitered corners. this is a very small job. After i purchased it they told me their saw was broken and sent me to another...

If you refer to the 5th grade as "my senior year" you might be a redneck!

View more comments

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Lowe's Kitchen Cabinet Dept Sucks

My husband and I have redone kitchens before but never with Lowe's. This time we decided to give it a try. NEVER again. First, it took weeks for the designer to finalize our drawings (and we spent HOURS in the store with him trying to get it done but he was inexperienced with the software). Second, once the cabinets finally came it took over a week for the installers call to schedule an appointment to come verify delivery. (I spoke to the Lowe's people several times a week and they had the delivery date weeks in advance. This delay was Lowe's fault) Third, the finally came to inspect the cabinets and several were the wrong cabinet! Cabinets had been ordered that the salesperson had liked, not what WE wanted. Now we are asking cabinet maker to rush replacements (more cost!) Fourth, we were going to get our counter top from them so we asked them to send out the installer to measure. An older man showed up and took measurements I could have given him over the phone, then told me it would be another week for them to come and make a template and THEN another 6 weeks for the counter top to come in. I told them to cancel it and we found a local store that could have it done in 2 weeks. Fifth, we also ordered appliances from Lowe's and the kitchen cabinet guy had the nerve to "scold" me for ordering through the appliance department instead of directly through him. And last but not least, we had used a 10% off coupon to make our cabinet purchase and the cashier gave us 10% off the total instead of off of only $10,000 (which I guess is policy) and so the Lowe's cabinet guy got less commission and he was mad at us!! He actually complained to us about this error!! How unprofessional! I find that no one knows what anyone else is doing, the cabinet people are over worked and inexperienced, and for the $14,000 we spent, we are very unhappy with the experience and will NOT be shopping there again. Flower Mound, TX

I had a bad experience with the delivery of a washer and dryer. Bounced down the stairs becuse the deliverers "forgot' their straps and dolly at their last house, then they did not hook up the hose correctly and my basement almost Flooded--Mnagement made it right within 2 days without any problems--now I am leary about buying bathroom vanities after what I have read!!!!Yikes!!

I'm having the same problem with Lowes in Hillsborough NJ so it's not just a regional problem. I'm redoing my kithcen so I ordered cabinets, flooring, and the countetop from Lowes. The wrong grout color was installed and they offered to stain it and said someone would be calling me about it but despite my calls, no one has called to schedule the fix.

The quality of the Kraftmaid cabinets was fine, but Lowes gave the installer the wrong date for when the cabinets were going to be installed. That caused another week delay after waiting an initial 6 weeks. There were also issues with Lowes coordinating the sink I watned with the countertop installer.

It's been a HORRIBLE experience and I will never shop at Lowes again. I'd rather pay a little more somewhere else because it's just not worth dealing with them. Lesson learned!

@Victoria

I do not want to relive my horrible experience with lowes cabinet department. They are so inept.

I made them redo the cabinets after the granite was put down. I told them education is not free.

They are totally careless and so are the employees they hire as contractors. They are looking for an easy paycheck

#119757

I think its funny ..."judging by these posts I wont go there now either" you wont see any positive posts on here..because..well read the name

I HAVE HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO. THAT MAKES CABINETS FOR LOWES, MY HUABAND AND I ARE REMODELING OUR KITCHEN SO WE ORDER CABINETS FROM LOWES THROUGH THIS CO.

FIRST OF ALL IT WAS 3 WEEKS LONGER THAN THEY TOLD US WE WOULD GET OUR CABINETS, WHEN WE FINALLY GOT OUR CABINETS WE HAD 18 PIECES IN THE BOXES 10 OUT OF 18 WERE BROKEN SO BAD THERE WAS NO WAY WE COULD USE THEM ,WE CALL THEM AND THEY WANTED US TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CABINETS AND SEND TO THEM, MY HUSBAND WAS VERY UP SET AND FIRM WITH THEM THEY SENT A REP. FROM THE COMPBANY TO OUR HOUSE 2 DAYS LATER THEY COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT KIND OF CONDITION THE CABINEST WERE IN THEN THEY TELL US YOR NEW CABINET WILL BE REPLACED IN 5-6 DAYS ONCE AGAIN THEY HAVE LIED TO US NOW OUR CANINETS WILL NOT BE HERE TO US FOR 2-3 MORE WEEKS WE CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE DOING THIS TO US OUR KITCHEN IS A MESS WE ARE LIVING OUT OF BOXES THAT HAVE OUR DISHES AND COOKING EQUIPMENT IN THEM, SO BE WARE OF THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO.

sometimes people should think about situations in their own jobs when mistakes have been made. sometimes its not only the salesperson faults.

people are stubborn & pig headed & don't realize people working retail have feelings & LIVES just like everyone else. obviously when it comes to an install or fabrication issue its hardly ever something a customer service person can snap their fingers & fix. these stores are open 363 days a year. when your home celebrating holidays with family & friends - they are working taking care of miserbale people who dont even appreciated their time off.

stop all the *** & moaning. get over it.

mistakes are made & im sure you've had a bad day or two & have not treated people exactly right! :upset

@mel

1) no one in the US is asked to work 363 days a year

2) when you make a purchase, in particular one worth thousands of dollars, there should be an expectation that the goods are delivered with the quality and in the timeframe that they were promised

3) living without a kitchen for weeks a time is a tremendously stressing experience

and about the winning and complaining... Have you carefully read your own post?

rileighjo

I too am having a big problem with Shenadoah cabinets that I had my contractor order. Sizes were messed up, finish isn't good on some of them, pieces not even ordered by the designer.

And of course Lowes designer takes no responsibility on any of the mistakes. Here is week before Christmas, and since it's an upper corner cabinet they messed up, that prevents the rest of the cabinets from being installed. Their solution: build a box and slide the cabinet in it! Real professional, right?

After spending between $10,000 - $15,000 for cabinets, countertops, flooring, and supplies, I will never shop at the Liberty, MO Lowes ever again. And from the way this thread is reading, the other stores aren't much better.

I find that very sad as I always loved shopping there and it was usually cheaper then Home Depot. :(

#61980

Varies from store to store just like every other retailer out there. Sometimes you will find good people sometimes bad its just how it is.

Im dept manager of Appliances/Cabinets and luckily the two appliance guys I have have 10 and 12 years experience and 15years for myself. Same length of experience for my cabinet guys, but the next lowes about 15 miles from us the appliance and cabinet people for the most part are all new :p

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

i really want to work there. maybe i will be good.

My Husband owns a Contrating Co. and your story sounds all to familiar to me.

He will NOT work for anyone that orders there kitchen cabinets or counter tops from LOWE's. I have a sister and a niece the work there and they both tell me how incompetent the sales people are.

Who are they hiring anyway? All I can give them credit for is that they ARE good looking sales people...and that's IT!

View more comments (11)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Sweepstakes Scam

I recently purchased a Christmas Tree at Lowes in Plano, TX. Upon taking my 2 foot long receipt for the 1 item I purchased, I noticed that the receipt offered instructions for entering a Lowe's Sweepstakes for a $2500 Gift Card at Lowe's. Fine! When I went to the website and began providing my phone number and other personal information, I noticed that 4 pop-ups had appeared in the background on my computer, and one of the windows that was open before going to the site was changed to another site, offering a questionable sweepstakes for "Flip the Quarter in the Jar" to win. There was no "Back" button on the current screen for the $2500 sweepstakes that would allow me to change information I had already entered, and upon trying to right click on the screen and use the back button to change my phone number, the website indicated that the right click option had been disabled. I closed the windows without completing the sweepstakes entry and went about my business. Since that time, numerous pop-ups were appearing on my computer for scam sweepstakes for vacations, computers, and other products. My spyware scanner found numerous spyware programs and cookies installed on my computer that were related with the website. It will take me some time to remove all the spyware and insure my system is clean again. But, I cannot believe that Lowe's would associate themselves with such scams and would even post this on every customer's receipt that leaves their store. Their marketing person should be shot! I will not shop there again and wanted to warn others, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES!!!

I am very disappointed...in Lowes...I tried to enter per my receipt for the register to win a $2500 gift card....used the website designated and was never able to get to this sweepstakes...shame on you Lowes...

Product