State: Texas City: Fort Worth Clear all filters (9 of 4884 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Buyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE!!! Spent $3200 to get cabinets and a vanity installed at the store on Bryant Irvin. I received a call 3 weeks after placing the order stating that everything was in. Twenty minutes later, I received another call starting that part of the cabinet was back ordered. No one could tell me why I received the first call. Now three weeks later, and I had confirmed installation again. An hour before the install time window was to elapse, I received another call stating that they ordered the incorrect piece, and it was damaged. All pieces had been at the store for a week (most for over 3 weeks); however, no one bothered to inspect all the pieces. I asked to have the name and phone number/email of the regional manager multiple times but was told they couldn’t provide that information to me. I did some digging and found a number on online. Again, I was told that I couldn’t have the regional manager’s information , but I could file a corporate complaint, and I would be contacted within 24 hours. I called the store back asking to speak to the store manager, and I was turned over to a department manager. I have yet to be able to speak to the ACTUAL store manager or a regional manager.
h.kitchener

Why don't you just cancel the order and go elsewhere? Apparently, Lowe's doesn't really care to have your business.

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Order processing issue

Arrogant, Dishonest and Rude Lowes Should Not Be In Business

1.2
Lowes store Bryant Irvin rd Fort Worth Texas. Received an email from Lowes advertising a Bosch Drill driver combo set (Item 777305) for $129. The email urged me to place an order now for the item. I checked the Lowes website for stock at my Lowes store and it indicated there were 3 in stock. Went to my Lowes store and could not find any. The guy in tools helping me to look said I should just order the item online. Not wanting to run all over town looking for the item I went home and ordered the item online. Received a call from the store customer service (Sarah) saying they did not have any in stock and she was just canceling the order. Did not offer to transfer the item from another store or get it from the warehouse or ship it to my home from the warehose. What the *** is wrong with this Lowes store and the people that work there? Is Lowes doing so well financially that they don't need to sell merchandise or provide customer service? Is this just a local store problem or is this a bigger corporate problem? If you don't want to sell the item why are sending me emails advertising the item? And what is the point of ordering an item online if its not coming from a national distribution warehouse but only limited to inventory at a single store? When I order online at Home Depot the order is not pulled from a single stores inventory its pulled nationwide and even back to the manufacturer. Lowes has serious problems with your ordering system and your customer service. You need to rename it customer dis-service because it is certainly not customer service. You don't even understand the concept of customer service. The same thing happened to me a few months back with a Dremel Tool set you sent me an email about urging me to buy it now online. Turned out you didn't have that item either and your customer dis-service would not find it and fill the order. I can see from all the complaints online about Lowes customer dis-service this is not isolated to this one store. Got a reply back from Lowes national customer service. The email basically says, sorry we don't give a *** about the customer.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Poor service
  • False advertisement
  • Lack of service and followup
Reason of review
Order processing and poor customer dis-service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Such a professional experience

5.0
I'm from out of town ,while visiting East Ft Worth in the Meadow-brook area i needed to pick up a few items so i stopped into your store on East chase, the items that were needed at that time you didn't carry them. But there was a young man at your service desk, I'm pretty sure his name was Gregory what a manner-able young man he was. so smart and professional sounding i was impressed at how he was able to get on the computer and connect with a store that would have those very items i needed. I was impressed at the amount of time he spent with me making sure i was satisfied.... This is what customer service should look like. keep up the good work you are going to go far!!!!!!
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • I like the way i was treated
  • I will be back
Good customer service

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - A little dishonest?

Has this happened to you? I bought a basket full of items and upon checking my receipt at home, found a charge for a large quantity of items I did not get. The error was at the top of the ticket, so I didn't notice it when I used my credit card. I caught the mistake at home. I am a senior citizen, if that has anything to do with it and the checker didn't think I would notice? It also happened at another major building supply store, so be warned, double check the ticket before leaving the store. On Guard

Quit playing the age card, that takes credibility from your actual complaint. IF you pay attention as you are being checked out you will know what is going on.

Review
Pros
  • Store is clean
Cons
  • Rip off
Reason of review
being charged for something I did not purchase.
Preferred solution
7/1: I am stopping at the store to point out to Customer Service what happend and hopefully get a refund on the portion I did not buy. Outcome undecided at this time.

Lowes Troy Bilt

We bought ours in July 2012 used it only five times before the cold weather came thru. We tried to use it in May 2013 and it would not stay on. We were told it would not be covered under warranty yet the manufacturer warranty covers two years. When we took it for maintenance Lowe's would not give us the number to where it was sent out. They supposedly fixed it and charged us a fee for doing nothing to it since it did not work. We are sending our expenses to Troy Bilt to reimburse us. We also had to take it back cause it was not fixed proeprly, it's still not tuirning on and Lowe's is now going to replace it.

My guess is the gas in the mower was stale from sitting so long. Once you got it back you went and filled it up with gas that was sitting around in a can from last year as well.

Try fresh gas and you may well have a mower that runs just fine. Be sure to put stabilizer in the new gas you buy to help it last longer.

you are trying to get money back from Troy Bilt AND Lowes...kind of shady

@sooo...

You must make some kinda good money responding to every Lowes complaint in the past day!

you are a liar

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes sells *** appliances and no help when they do not work

Bought a washing machine the salesperson recommended. Its a Whirlpool and it seem like they go out after one year. I think Lowes knew it was *** and lowered the price for suckers to buy it. I though Whirlpool was a trusted name and Lowes would stand by the products they sale. They do not care so my advice is stay away from Lowes and never buy anything with the Whirlpool name on it. I will never again step foot in a Lowes store and as much money as i have spent there in the past you would think they would do something. I learned my lesson but never again will Lowes or Whirlpool get another penny from

you people obviously haven't dealt with Lowe's. Mine was a maytag..extended 4yr warranty.

It completely broke down one year and one week after purchase. No problem..I have a 4yr warranty. I have been waiting over 8 weeks for the service person to show up.

Last I talked to Lowe's I only have three more days to wait. With what I paid at laundry-mats I could have paid for an independent repair man and had money left over for 3 suits, three ties, three hankies, shoes, and lunch with a cute guy.

I have to say, you are a *** for that post. First of all, Whirlpool makes generally excellent appliances, and have the fewest complaints of all major manufacturers. To rant and to say that Lowe's know it was ***, is beyond idiotic.

All the money I have spent! Bla bla bla!

You are a typical jackwad. Lowes didnt build the machine whirlpool did. You have to contact them you putz. Had you not been a tightwad you would have bought the extended protection and lowes would have backed it.

I see customers like you every day.

buy the cheapest item refuse a service plan and throw a tantrum a year later! Brahaa haa haa!!!!

Lowe's has a 30 day return policy for appliances. Did you get an extended warranty from Lowes?

I'll guess no. You have to contact Whirlpool. If you didn't get warranty, Lowes isn't liable after 30 days.

Buy the warranty next time.

And I have many whirlpool appliances that I've had for years. Don't listen to this guy.

View more comments (4)

Nothing but junk at Lowes

Seems like everything I buy from Lowes is nothing but junk. In the last few years I have bought a bench grinder, air compressor and numerous other items. The bench grinder and the air compressor lasted less than a year before they quit working. I bought flouresent tubes that lasted for a week or two. Last week I bought a water hose from Lowes. This morning while washing the decks off, the water hose developed a bulge in it and a big gaping hole opened up. It's pretty bad when you can't trust Lowes quality for something as simple as a garden hose. I don't buy their cheaper quality. I normally buy their top of the line model. Evidently they only stock the very cheapest imported *** they can get. So long Lowes, I am going back to Sears!!!!
Review

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Carpet measured wrong in Mothers house.

Last November my mother wanted some new carpet for her living room before Thanksgiving. She check with the local Granbury, Texas Lowes and the carpet was on sale. We asked if it could be installed before Thanksgiving. They told us as soon as it comes in they could install it that week. It came in on a Monday but we never heard from them. I called on a Tuesday or a Wednesday and they would check on it. I never got a call back so I went up there. They didn't get it installed before Thanksgiving. We had a one room measured and was charged for about two rooms. When I called about it they said the installer did this so the installer would not have to put a seam in room. Well, there is a seam in the room. They over charged her. It cost her $1700. to have her living room (one room) carpeted. The carpet was even on sale. We will never do business with Lowe's again. They are a rip-off.

I had a similar problem, but I posted my complaint on Lowe's facebook page and to all my friends and family on Facebook. 24 hours later, Lowes agreed to do the whole carpet project for free.

I definately agree with you. Lowes install services are terrible.

SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AT LOWES

Have you ever noticed when shopping at your local Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse that most of the front end are young, attractive girls? I never really did until recently. While moving "up the ladder" I have worked at 7 different Lowe's. In every single one some middle aged manager was screwing a very young cashier...every single one! My current store just completed an investigation where they did absolutely nothing about it. Is it a coincidence that these girls are hired? Always as cashiers? I think not! I think the upper management consistently hires "eye candy" so that they can get off whenever possible. It doesn't matter that its against policy...it doesn't matter that these men are 5, 10, or even 30+ years older than the young *** they hire. Or that these men have wives and families at home. This is a consistant problem throughout an immoral company and I for one have had enough!

I too have notice how these young women give themselves to these pig managers. I feel very sorry for them, but lets not forget they have a choice not to give in.

I work at the Tustin Ca store and about to resign because this conduct makes me sick. I feel so sorry for these women.

These women are poor and will do anything they can to think they will make more money. So sad.

It is very sad but true. Lowe's as a company fosters a sexist atmosphere.

Almost all of the women in any of the Lowe's stores I am familiar with, are limitted to certain departments and jobs. It is not uncommon for promotions and opportunities to exist based more on a females "popularity" amongst the male employees.

Advancements based on "relations" with management, and tolerance to sexual harrassment is unfortunately the norm, not the exception.

i happen to work at a lowes where there are just as many males as females up front. some "cute" or not 18 yrs old up to 70.

i myself included. it is people like you who blow things way out of proportion that give a great company a bad name. did you not get something from your mgr that you wanted?

what about the stores with female mgrs, are they sexually harassing as well. this has to be one of the most uneducated things i have ever read.

I hate to say this, however, I just moved to a new state and had to buy a few things from Lowe's. I actually went there 5 times in one day and at different times of the day.

I found the most attractive women in paints, tools and plumbing section.

Cashier and customer service folks, well, there was alot to be desired. LOL I will give this one particular Lowe's props tho, they had the best customer service I have ever seen in a Lowe's.

I guess you weren't getting any

I agree; Not the company's fault, but the individual case by case bases. I know our HR (a female) seems to actually hire unattractive women, yet that doesnt mean Lowe's only takes the ugly ones. I feel people should be hired for their skills and work ethic instead of their physical assets.

I hate to tell you but this happens everywhere, it isn't just Lowe's. It takes two to mess around. It isn't the company it is the morals of the people involved.

Retailer4life has it on track. This is going on in our store with 3 cashiers, oops, 2 are now dept.

mgrs. in our store. With our pay I guess that makes them cheap somethings.

Wait maybe I misjudge. they've all put in at least 6 months.

Why not hire them? Should only the ugly people be hired?

I work for Lowe's, too, and sadly this is true. (But to be fair, it also happened @ the other 2 retailers i worked for, too. And....these "sweet young things" who could not even find their way out of an open paper bag are the ones that continually get promoted to team leaders or department managers and end up being OUR SUPERVISORS!

Contact information provided by:

www.lowesceo.com :cry

View more comments (10)
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111