State: Texas City: Houston Clear all filters (39 of 4874 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Sad

its a sad day for you look what we did for LOWES think what we will do to you you get your money from US we can go someplace new and we will watch and see.we the people are not going to be silena any longer you will see we are going to take our country back from the libs that want to destroy it and you will have to make a choice which side are you on the left or rightpeople are sick of being told to shut up and sit down we the people will not shut up. you can suport any show you want and we can do the same

Looks like you need to go back to the 3th grade and finish your education. This is a LOWES complaint board, not a Tea Party political board.

Review

Lowes cuts back on discounts to veterans

My husband and I have been loyal Lowes customers for years. Approximately one year ago, we were pleased to learn of Lowes veterans discount. J** served our country in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Haiti. While in those countries, he was blown up on three occasions, losing some of his comrades and suffering injuries of his own. Today, we visited our local, Texas store in Atascocita (7355 FM 1960 Rd. East 77346), and discovered that Lowes has now changed its veterans discount policy. We are only allowed discounts four times per year? I wonder how the people of the United States would react if our soldiers only chose to protect this country four days per year. I assume that the policy has changed in the face of too many men and women returning from war torn countries and trying to take advantage of a 10% discount. What if the military and Department of State elected to only offer the rest of us, as U.S. citizens, 10% protection in the face of terrorism? I'm more disappointed in your decision than I can put into words. A small discount seems little to offer in the face of what these men and women have sacrificed for the rest of us.

Hi, I am Chris from FootballAffiliates.com. With football seaosn here we are looking for website owners who want to significantly increase what their site is earning.

We offer a 50% commission (which is $23-25 per sale). Our product converts like crazy and really sells itself. Millions of people want to watch football online and our product fills their need. Most of our affiliates just place one of our banners on their site and they make anywhere from $25-$500 per day.

Even if your website is not about football we've had people simply write one article and place a text link to our product and they earn hundreds per month. If you like more information please check out our high level description at FootballAffiliates.com or you can view our affiliate platform. If you have any questions I welcome them, please send me an email and we can discuss anything you would like to know.

Thanks for your time. Chris

I applaude our soldiers; be they active or retired or any other honerable status in between.

If Lowes decides to take away the discount does this make them a horrible company? NO it does not!

So what is being said is that once a discount is given it can't be stopped? What sort of entitlement mongering is that? Do you not shop at other places that do not give a discount and never have? I think not!

Are they horrible companies because they don't give a discount? Once again the answer is NO.

I am truly sorry for the veterans that were injured in battle or otherwise.

But you cannot tell me that you didn't know the dangers of joining a military. Did you honestly think that you would sit around the barracks playing soldier while getting paid to do so, and never have to go to war?

Where did you get the Idea that the military is entitled to be shot at, Roadside Bombed, blown up, Killed, And tortured to protect your retarded *** A&&? They are entitled.

Lets fly you over and drop you off in the sand box and then after 2 years bring you home and not give you anything for it. Dont *** with the Vets you punk.

And to the Vets and actives Thank you. I love my freedom!

To ????, you are an ignorant ***

enjoy your military discount. lowes just cut all commissions and spiffs from their sales specialists. this should cover the military discount fully without an additional nickel from the corporation.

I always am thankful lowes and another gives this 10% discount. No limits.

Almost no restrictions. Every day of the year they are open.

This is a private company trying to say thank you.

Thank you lowes for the support of our military.

You need a valid military or veterans id. A dd-14 could belong to anyone and could be printed online.

It also takes up way too much time at a register to have to look for what kind of discharge you got and then to have to check another form of id. This policy was put into place so people weren't scamming and printing fake discharge papers to get a discount. Wouldn't you feel less honored of we didn't care to check?

And ps.. Most places will take the dd-14 even though it is against policy because we do support the troops.

Lowes gives a discount for veterans every day as long as there is a valid military photo ID. you can use a dependency card, VA card or active card.

on patriotic holidays we offer the 10% to those with or without the ID.

so a dd214 will work only on those days. hope this helped.

Where did you get the idea that the military is entitled to ANY discount? I don't think it is a part of the benefits package.

Should teachers, police and fire employees get a discount as well? How about the clergy, students, doctors, nurses?

Where do you stop? Be thankful for any discount that is offered.

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Lazy management

I use the Lowes store at 19 mckenna road in arden Nc. to the tune of about two grand a week. Only because they have the material my customer wants. Every day I order 500 pavers to be picked up the next morning and usually the great everyday folks who work there have them ready. And again this morning they were ready but I had to sit and wait 45 minutes for the manager to finish his personal phone call to came and open the back gate so they could load my truck. He was on his cell phone as he opened the gate and made me quite aware I was a pain in his butt. It is a shame that such great employees are dragged down by such poor management. Where to they find them?
Service
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Failed to give prodcuct I paid for.

I tried to order carpeting. told I had to pay $35 or measurements. I had 3 rooms measured for carpeting 2 rooms for tile. Told company I only wanted two (2) rooms of carpet nothing else. The other measurements would be for future work. Waited the 48 hrs for a phone estimate, I called the following morning. estimate wasn't in yet, went back later that afternoon. It still wasn't ready, was told they were going to fax it over I would be called when it came in. I called the next morning, given an estimate for carpeting for three rooms of carpet not 2 at double the price and not given the measurements. They couldn't give me a breakdown of the sq. footage. I bought at another store, no payment for measuring they returned calls, did what they said they were going to do. Quote and honor their price. Lowes felt like a bait and switch operation. I would like my $35 refunded and I'll never bother Lowes again. David L Marsh
Service
Lowes Estimate

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Valspar paint sucks

I purchased valspar paint with mildew resistance from lowes for my bathroom. I would have done better using a hundred cans of spray paint. 3 weeks later and the paint still rubs off with the slightest touch. Now how do I correct that with out scraping all this paint off? If I paint over it the new paint will just rub off with it! I never knew there could be such a crapy paint. And to think that the little lady at the paint counter actually recommended it. I should have known something was wrong when the lower costing paint was only $3 cheaper.

The most *** paint I ever used same thing happen to us the signature is a lot better

I have the same problem with Valspar. New walls primed with Killz in my new kitchen and the flipping paint is peeling everywhere it is rubbed against, taped for painting, etc.

the garbage peels right off. Neither Lowe's or Valspar wnat to deal with the issue

I only ever used quality paints but it was late one recent nite and I needed to get a job done so I bought some junk paint from lowes thinking its a flat latex on a spare room how bad can that be -- it sucked so bad I knew I would be heading to ben moore in the morning by the time I had cut in a few strokes -- DO NOT waste your time with junk paint! Just do the rite thing first.

Tried the Valspar paint at Lowe's because they had some real nice colors! After getting the walls ready for paint and put a few coats on, the paint is not sticking to the walls!

It peels off easily and I have never seen anything like this! Will not use this paint again!

A lot of work for bad results! They said the paint is guaranteed, we will see!

You sound like a very unhappy, sour, negative hole of a sad soul. And to think, you actually referred to someone as a "little lady".

Wow; there is a LOT wrong with you. Go fornicate yourself, oldie.

;

I fired 2 sets of painters because the work was horrible and they went through over 30 gallons of paint for 2000 sq feet. Well now im repainting with the same stuff and it sucks! I cant tell you how many layers are on the wall, I also got semi gloss for the kitchen cabinets and now they look as if they were left outside for days, Ive used every kind of brush, nap, roller, sponge all with the same results, I just want to cry looking at my cabinets, never again will I buy Valspar anything!

I used you duromax paint and it was horrible. I had the rep at my house and he even comp'd me 15 gals, to do it again with suggestions for a re-apply.

I just used it yesterday in cooler weather and IT'S BUBBLING AGAIN! I used your primer and it's still bubbling.

The white I used had NO problems. I waisted so much time and money using this product and will never use it again.

Ya we used Valspar in our bedroom. It was ***.

Chipped off so easily.

Redid it with cheaper paint and was so much better! lowes recommended Valspar to us as well.

IHateStupidCustomers

I can understand being mad at Valspar but why Lowe's? oh wait, you people are more *** that think retail stores put brand names on products to make them look pretty.

but just to let your simple minds know, Valspar made your paint.

not Lowe's. are you gonna blame Walmart next when you buy a bag of Lay's chips and there's more air than chips?

@IHateStupidCustomers

You recommend garbage or sell garbage you are part of the problem. Think before you leave a comment.

Also neuter yourself please. The world has enough of people like you.

@IHateStupidCustomers

If the retailer sees that every review is one star, they should yank the product off the shelves!!

We prep for 3 days, a lot, and we did everything by the book, yet days later this VALSPAR latex paint peels off to the slightest touch! I am living without a bathroom for weeks due to this joke of a paint!

I will have to sue VALSPAR or LOWES or both because I paid $600 to the painter and I can't spend another $600 to repaint, so either VALSPAR or LOWES will have to pay the painter to strip all the valspar-garbage off the walls, prep again, and paint it with a REAL PAINT. Never buy VALSPAR ever again!

@Drew

Oh boo freaking hoo.

What happened?

Let us know who won in court.

: )

Hi sadly Valspar has now reached the UK and is sold by B and Q one of the UK's largest hardware stores, just so you know the paint is just as usely here in Blighty too!

2nd Valspar issue: Their Ultra Premium Interior/Exterior High Bloss Enamal paint (Gloss white 222140) does not apply, cover or laydown like ANY paint I have ever used. If it is brushed, the heavier covered areas bubble right after application.

If it is rolled, the entire rolled surface bubbles as the roller passes. In order to get a decent surface, you have to roll your trim, doors, etc and then back brush the entire area in order to collapse all of the small bubbles. This occurs on pre-primed doors and trim and also surfaces that I have primed - both bare wood and pre-primed areas. I have used several different primers - inlcusive of Kilz and Valspar and get the same result.

The trim in the one room I painted before I figured this out looked terrible and I had to go back and sand. Still had plenty of paint left (bought several gallons) but should have trashed it and bought Sherwin Williams when on sale (Facebook) to cut my losses...

oh well, not going to happen in the next rooms I paint.... Won't go into how bad the ceiling paint is, but save yourself the trouble and get Sherwin Williams (other other brand) too.

First Valspar issue: My daughter wanted sand textured walls. I foolishly agreed and then more foolishly went to Lowes and bought Valspar paint.

NEVER use any kind of textured paint from ANYONE unless you are a Masochist! After the first coat, it looked horrible. There were dark bands everywhere I cut in trim with a brush. I put on another coat and it wasn't much better.

The use was about 2x what it said on the can and when I went to get more paint for the 3rd coat, the Lowes paint guy said, "yea, this stuff can be a real ***". After 3 coats, still looked like ***. In addition to the dark bands, the texture was uneven due to the "sand" clumping up in the brush and roller - making them unusable after just a few coatings. I called Lowes Corporate and talked to their VP of "Paint", who connected me with Valspar.

The Valspar rep came and looked at the job and agreed it wasn't good, so he got their painter to come and "fix" it. After 2 more coats (5 total), it still didn't look good. The painter said that the texture was actually black lava pumice and that when you brushed it on that the brushing action would expose the tops to the pumice and make the brushed on paint dark. I finally fixed it by applying a 6th coat, but this time regular latex paint with just the same tint (no texture).

This textured paint was about 2x the cost of regular paint, took 4x the amount based on suggested use, and will NEVER come off. The next people who own my house and want to get rid of the texture are going to have to remove the drywall.

We painted the lower half of our walls red. We did everything right by cleaning and prepping.

We bought the Valspar paint and primer in one. We did one coat and then just touch up spots where needed. It looks beautiful however now my carpet is pinkish red all over months later. I couldnt figure out where it was coming from.

I soon learned that it was coming from my sons hands. I have video as proof that just the slightest touch of the wall will turn your hands red. Now my brand new carpet is a mess and I cant get the red out.

I called the company and they offered to reimburse me for the paint but told me to scrub my carpet with a Mr Clean Magic Eraser...as if I havent already tried everything in my power to remove it. Someone needs to pay for the mess all over my home.

#420037

I purchased from Loewe's in Waveland, Mississippi, Valspar Duramax paint for my whole house. I have purchased about $1400 of this paint. On the exterior walls and the porch walls, the white satin finish paint has been reasonably good after one to two years of use. However, the paint for the porch which was satin dyed a light blue at Loewe's has broken out in a significant mildew. I had scraped the prior paint almost completely from boards that were about 120 years old. The ceiling did not have significant mildew or mold before it was scraped.

Although I can erase the mildew with bleach or even a 409 cleaner, I will have to clean the entire porch ceiling.

Please advise about whether you know about this mildew problem.

al ferry

aferry@cox.net

I used Valspar on a new primed surface and it NEVER dried. Not after a full year. Had to strip it and redo it with another brand.

You didn't prep it should of used TSP to degrease the walls and than use a liquid sander or deglosser to degloss the walls than paint. Your paint is not sticking because you didn't degloss the paint that's already on the walls

wow, looks like Valspar and Lowes have people on this site to defend their paint when customers complain about their DEFECTIVE product. Face it, your product stinks. I know from experience, been painting for over 30 years and never used such garbage.

Ask any pro painter, except for very rare circumstances of product failure, paint not sticking is always a prep issue. Not cleaned properly or with the right products, painting over an unsuitable base, ie too glossy are 2 of the most common, but many other issue could be the cause. But it HAS to be somebody else's fault, right?

@***sumers lie

i have news for you, this product flat out sucks ...i applied it to pre-primed mdf trim and it peeled right off after drying for over a week

You are an ***....without proper prep, which you clearly did not do, you wok never get any paint to stick. Also, if your bathroom walls are water logged, painting over will not help.

View more comments (23)
Review

Lowes in Houston, Texas - DID NOT DELIVER MY APPLIANCE,CALLED AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD DELIVER!!!!!!

BACKORDER A REFREGERATOR AND THEY SET DATE Oct. 16, they called me Oct. 15, said they will deliver it today. I get up early on my day off and waited and waited. At 11:30AM, called store, they tell me that I will not get THE REFREGERATOR untill NOVEMBER 1! HOW CRUEL, TO LET ME WAIT AND NEVER CALLED ME. I HAD TO CALL THEM!!! I HAVE A BED TASTE FOR THIS COMPANY! I DEMAND THAT THEY DELIVER THE APPLIANCE AT 4PM NOV.1. LET'S SEE IF THAT HAPPENS! THEY PROMISE NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! LIARS!!!!! I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS STORE EVERY AGAIN! WILL GO TO HOME DEPOT!!! OR ANY OTHER STORE THAT WILL DELIVER WHEN PROMISED!!!!!! WILL TELL EVERYONE HOW BAD THEIR SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!! BECAUSE I AM A WOMEN AND NOT A MAN!!!!!!
Shinyhappypeople
#201271

To PCB8

Lowe's didn't cancel your card, GE Money Bank did. The manage Lowe's credit.

Your issue is with them.

I personally want you to make your purchases at Lowe's. It keeps people working.

#201249

THEY PREAPPROVED ME FOR CREDIT CAR AND 7 MONTHS TOOK IT AWAY BASTARDS I PAOD IT OFF IN 12 MONTHS NO INTREST AND AINT NEVER GOING TO SHOP THERE AGAIN YOU SHOULD CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND GO TO HOME DEPOT OR SEARS OR BEST BUY ANYWHERE BUT LOWES

#201248

LOWES SUCKS I WISH THEY WOOD CLOISE DOWN FOREVER :? :(

#201247

If you are as mad as you claim you are why don't you just cancel the order and buy it somewhere else?

#201221

And single, too, I bet, ma'am, single.

View more comments (4)
Review
#202898 Review #202898 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Went to Lowes to buy a Water heater,no Help available

I visited Lowes in League City ,Tx # 2821 at 7:30 PM to Buy a Water Heater.No help available.Asked 2 emplyees for help and they told me that they would call some one to help me. I waited 15 minutes, and no help arrived.The store had very few employees working .It seems like a skeleton crew .I had workers at home waiting to install the Water Heater. I finally Left Lowes and drove to HOME DEPOT and purchased a 12 year warranty Water Heater.If lowes want customers to shop in the evening ,then they have to have enough employees working in order to properly service the customers.
Review
#200939 Review #200939 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Lwes did not deliver products

Purchased a cook stove and microwaves oven on a Monday, June 7th. It was to be installed the following Friday. They did not show up at precribed time. I called the manager with inquiry. He was to call back next day. Did not. After numerous trips and calls to the store, I gave up after a week. Each trip resulted in a different manager who knew nothing about my problem. Today, Monday June 14 I'm told by a different manager that my purchases are on back order. Their attitude-"Go somewhere else-I don't care". I will go somewhere else!

Lowes = Lazy

I needed 10 bags of sand and 10 bags of top soil. This guy in landscaping told me he didn't have any sand so I should go to contracting and he'd meet me there with the top soil. 30 minutes later he's STILL not there. Also, there's NO ONE to get me the sand in contracting so after he got there he had to go get it anyway. He'd having a very hard time working as he pants are barely hanging on to his hips with his ugly gray underwear. He said it took him a long time as he was the only one working which was a lie. He was standing there talking to an employee when he told me he'd help. He had the biggest case of the "give a sh_ts" I've ever seen.

You are really complaining about some lazy employee when you could've just gotten it yourself and been gone out the door. Look every business has lazy subpar employees, kinda like there are lazy subpar humans.