State: Texas City: Houston Product: Lowes Customer Care Clear all filters (2 of 481 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Terrible Customer Service and Worse Communications--

1.9
Lowes essentially seems to be giving all of its customers the middle finger. Good luck with that market approach when we have other alternatives, especially Amazon. I went to Lowes today and there was no one there. No checkout person. No Store Manager. I had over $450 worth of plastic containers and they wanted me to scan each one. I left them right there and walked out. I went home and bought them on Amazon for a little over $35 more. But hey, They deliver overnight. I figure if I am going to do self check out, its easier to do so on my couch. Amazon get that. Lowes does not. If I need something ever again and can't wait for it to be delivered, I will go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Even if it costs more, its worth paying to avoid the frustration. When I tried to get the store manager, she was out. So was the assistant. Had to wait forever to find that out. So, I tried to call the District or Regional Manager. They don't have one. The one person they say exists, they have no contact information for them. So, middle finger it is. Why do you make it so hard to reach a decision maker or a person of responsibility? Its purposeful. I don't have this problem at Home Depot or Ace Hardware. The only thing a brick and mortar store has as an advantage is customer service. Bad customer service is the death of any such company. Will be selling Lowes short and buying Home Depot.

Home Depot isn't a lot better. My local store has 2 sets of 4 self serve registers.

There is a cashier than can scan multiple items on those lines but you may have to wait for her either because she is too busy shooting the breeze with another employee or she is trying to keep up with multiple registers. All a part of the cost cutting measures in a big box store trying to keep the shareholders happy.

Review
Service
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service and inability to leave feedback
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Give a Damn about Customers

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Poor Customer Service

3.8
After purchasing all of my kitchen appliances from Lowe's for a property I had just bought and was renovating, I was denied coverage for a faulty dishwasher when it broke within 4 weeks of using it. Although the appliances were purchased in August 2015 and the warranty was for a year, when the dishwasher broke in Sept. 2016 and I called Lowe's to offer proof that the dishwasher was not installed until renovations were complete and was not used for the first time until Aug. 31, 2016 I initially received good news. The gentleman who first took my call assured me that the warranty would be extended one extra month since I had never made a claim and because I had only used it for less than a month. He said a supervisor would call me back once they approved the extension. Two days later I got a very curt voice mail telling me that all they were willing to do was extend the warranty for 3 days. Totally ridiculous and useless. However, I am attorney and I know I am not just limited to a written warranty when an appliance breaks after being used for less than 4 weeks.

Why on earth would you buy appliances a full year before you installed them?

#1220915

Lowe's doesn't provide the one year MANUFACTURER'S warranty. Your complaint is with them, not Lowe's

View more comments (1)
Review
Service
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Contact Lowes Customer Service