State: Texas Product: Lowes Cashier Clear all filters (3 of 78 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Sherman, Texas - I feel like I was lied to and wasted my time

I was shopping in the Lowe's in Durant Oklahoma looking for tin for my barn when I got back ther they'd sold out of 10 ' tin there was a price of $6.48 a sheet normally $14.48 a sheet I asked the young man working there if they had any more and he said no I said would you look up Sherman to see if they have any and he did on his computer and he said they had 340 sheets I said would they match that price he says they should there are Lowe's . I got back in the truck and I drove all the way to Sherman Texas to buy 24 sheets of tin . Got there and got the talking to a kid named Mike and Mike said that he check it out to see if they can match the price I told Mike I wanted 24 sheets he said okay he later tells me yes they would match the price they had given that price to someone earlier that day and helps me load my tin . When we get to the register registered to Mike tells the man working there about what's going on and so the guy at the register called the manager and they talk to minute or two and then the man at the register hands me the phone the manager says they would not honor that price well that thoroughly *** me off I drove all that distance and everyone had to Sheard me that that price would be there . I guess what bothers me most is that you do it for someone else but you won't do it for me am I the wrong color ? Today's date 10-15-17 my name is Leroy Hall 1772 South Lone Oak Lane Durant Oklahoma 74701

I'm guessing your color is white, like a snowflake?

Huh?

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Order processing issue

Lowes Cashier Review

3.2
Seems they have lost their customer service when it comes to cashiers. I did not get a discount when I checked myself out. Nor do I remember getting hired as a cashier. Lots of employees in the store but no cashiers?
Reason of review
Poor customer service

I am a very upset customer with Lowes in Tyler, Texas

On April 30, 2012 I went to the Lowes Store on 5720 south broadway and was accused of stealing a lawn mower blade. As I entered the store I requested someone from customer services assit me, in which a very nice man assisted me. to make a long store short, I paid for my merchandise at a register right beside the same cashier I asked to get someone to help me. As I left the store to get in my truck, Tina Williams and Eddie Megdley followed me to my truck and requested my reciept. I tried to explain to them I paid for my lawn mower blades and why did they stop me and not the other customers before and after me. I was the only black female that was stopped not one white person was stopped. I feel I was stopped because of my race. People in the parking lot was starring at me and wondering what did I do, which I felt so violated. I fell something should be done about this, because it was not only wrong but very embrassing and rude, and dangerous. "You don't follow a customer to their truck without good cause." If these employees were not socializing and talking they would have seen me at the register paying for my merchandise. I will never go back to that store, and if something is not done I will let my friends know of my experience. Please contact me, and I can fax you more information.
#1206742

Yeah, it's the race card again. These people think Obama is always gonna bail them out, y'all are getting free phones and no telling what else.

What You people are wanting is money (law suits) being that y'all are still wanting the 40 acres and half a million (half a mule)as I call it. Sorry! He won't be there much longer. So get over it!!!

Other races are owed a lot more. But we just keep moving on. Why cry about *** that happened hundreds of years ago, y'all aren't entitled to that money. Maybe your ancestors, as I said (maybe).

Me being Hispanic, latino, or messicans as your race likes to refer to us by that name calling, I've been discriminated especially by your race, we just keep moving on. The problem is y'all want to start a race war. Think about it we all have to live in this world together and also you probably have some relatives that are of mixed race. Don't feel discriminated we've all been through it at one time or another.

We have our children and their children to think about.

Just consider it as an experience and have your receipt ready. I'm sure many other races have experienced your situation.

#1196931

Actually many in east Texas area are racist. But mostly to people who look Mrxican and I get that, but if you aren't illegal and no one asks but treat you like dirt and this is from white and HELLO, blacks.

I find them the most racist race ever.... Few are actually decent folks and act just like people not a color.

Change your behaviour and act right. Your children act awful also train them better.

For things to change behaviour needs to.

I get cussed out mostly by blacks and Mexicans. The two most racist races. I could go on. The elders in east Texas behave deplorable also.

Rude and nasty. I deal in customer service and I have seen it all.

People are pretty bad period. Start being better make change and lady this includes your race.

Start with yourself then your children. Act like a person not a color. We are all people and you are not the only one with skin color. Ask the Jews some of them are still alive.

You have nothing to whine about. Grow up.

If you had a receipt and showed it to them, then that should be that. People are a little tired of the constant whine from people saying they only stopped me and no white people.

Come on.. if you were white and walking out the door with lawnmower blades "not in a bag".. they would stop them. Ya'll need to get the chip off your shoulders.

If I had been stopped... I would whip out my receipt and would not be insulted in the least. But NO! you have to play the poor BLACK card.

I would be willing to be you acted like a real *** to the people that stopped you. Your post should NOT even be on here...

Get that chip off ur shoulder and quiy playing the race card it doesn't work anymore

You go girl. I don't like Lowe's because they never seem to want to help the black people anyway.

@Anonymous

Yeah, black peoples being treatit unfairly by other peoples.

Oh please !!!!! Stop with the "I'm black is why I got stopped".

So sick of hearing that ***.

I live in that store basically and there are more black employees then white. There is a lot of theft in stores these days ,so have your receipt ready and shut your mouth!!!

That's *** and very untrue. Can't follow a customer to their vehicle.

Trust me I know this.

Stop trying to beg for attention. Matter of fact don't bring your *** back to the store.

Well I was tried ed like dirt by a black manager acted like he own the store tome to leave .He was black and I don't think is because mi race people ar crazy.

Wow the Race card what a joke I am sick of this always being the reason for why something happened to a black person and why you have too always blame white people what if the people that checked your receipt was black then what or who would you blame? You stop being racist and except that things like this happens to all races and that they were doing there job and not picking on the poor black lady get over your color then race is not an issue.

Oh yes, very dangerous to have someone ask you for your receipt!!

GIVE ME. A BREAK!!!!

That is so very messed up abd I hope you get something out of what they did to you and we will also let people know what they did to you

i am the whitest honky there has ever been.....i never put my receipt away until I am out of the store . I expect to get checked because to many *** *** have already stoled *** and ruined it for the hard working and honest people.

@honky

Amen!!!!

I am really tied of ALL WHITE PEOPLE being called racist, just show the receipt enough said !!!

It's not because your black. It's because you didn't pay for it and have no receipt or cause you wanna cause a stink.

Don't come back.

Stay in Gladewater.

Try being white, they will just ignore you and not even check you out! After checking out a black person in front of you, they will just ignore you (if your white) lowes hates white people!

Why didn't you just show your receipt?

@No Name

I'm a 62 year old white man and I have been asked on way more than one occasion to see my receipt at various stores. I just show it to them. Problem solved.

View more comments (18)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111