State: Texas Product: Lowes Installation Clear all filters (2 of 211 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator

Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowe’s Home Improvement - I have called Lowes twice and am now sending an email. The service I received from Kimberly Brewer in your claims department is provoking. She is rude, talked over me, refused to transfer me to someone else more polite or could answer my questions and told me I had to work with her only! She then disconnected the call. I asked to speak with someone else 7 times. My home was damaged significantly by Lowe’s due to a faulty install that caused a water leak to occur for over a three week period. I have called Lowe’s all week. I also emailed them. When I didn’t respond. When they finally called me back a moment ago the lady was beyond rude and seemed irate that I called and left a total of three messages ( 2 phone calls and one email). She mocked my request to speak to you or anyone else who could provide polite assistance. I’m considering my legal options at this point. I also have asthma along with my child and the the wet Sheetrock reeks of mildew. This fact that there is documented water damage that has accumulated over a three week period is gross negligence at this point and adverse to my health. They would not call me back. I’m also considering having Lowe’s pick up this refrigerator and I will cancel the credit card. This is not the kind of service I expected from Lowe’s. I will be sharing this experience only via social media, I also plan to contact your corporate offices to file a complaint. Lastly, I am requesting to be assigned to another claims examiner. I don’t this or the above issues are unreasonable requests.

Lowe's doesn't have employees that do installations. They contract it out to a third party.

That third party is who your complaint is against, which is probably why they aren't dealing with you. If you sue them, you will lose. You need to sue the company that actually did the installation.

It's in your contract. Read it.

@Anonymous

You’re totally wrong! Those contractors are on a CONTRACT with Lowe’s to do The work, are paid by LOWES to do the install, therefore LOWES is responsible!

Since you mentioned that you are considering your legal options, you do realize that Lowes will Only deal with your lawyer... correct?

Lowes Will Not deal with you.

You also realize that you will have to Pay your lawyer even if he/she decides Not to take on your case... correct?

Shad M

Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Great hookup job on my oven

Lowes - Great hookup job on my oven
Not only has our oven taken 3 months to get to my house....(with the microwave still not here yet) lowes sent some Neanderthal over to my house and this is how he left the wiring....not only is it a fire hazard but being the owner of an electrical company I am extremely upset and amazed at the fact that someone could do this work and think it was acceptable....stop hiring non-licensed people to do your *** and this won't happen...if one of my employees did this I would can their ***...not only does lowes have horrible customer service in the store but it's even worse outside of it

Holy *** that is *** crazy! I'm a Flooring installer for Home Depot and have a few other accounts and with these accounts I have to have liability insurance for up to 2 million and workman's comp along with at least 3 yrs min exp criminal back ground check and references for installations going back to 3 yrs before I can even be a badged installer.

As do all sub contracting installers of any skilled trade. I know that in other fields such as in your case electrical. That the technician must have at least 2 yrs of completed schooling, 3 yrs on the job exp, and the same in insurance as I do.

So with that being said if it was the delivery guy delivering the oven that did that to your electrical, then sir you may have grounds for a lawsuit.

It is totally against policy for any delivery guys to make any kind of changes to a homeowners property. Meaning if it don't fit, or doesn't have the correct hook up or outlet for installation then they must stop immediately and let customer or home owner know immediately.

I know Home Depot has strict policies against that sort of thing. The same reason we have to carry our "own" insurance, have back ground checks, etc before we can even be badged as their installer and given work orders to enter any of their customers homes.

You say that you are an owner of an electric company, I notice that you did not say you were a contractor, so it does not mean that you are a licensed Master or journeyman electrician. If you did own your own contracting business, you would know all for the codes associated as you are liable for all that your Master does as he falls under your business umbrella.

So, you should have been paying attention and called the Master of the company providing service for your install. The employee that provided your service may not even be certified, you should know that. He only needs to work under the direction of a licensed Master as per code, who does not have to be at the work site. Though most jurisdictions require the worker to be at least journeyman qualified.

So, your failure is to not monitor the situation and allow him to leave without reviewing his work. I agree with the earlier comment below. As an owner, it would have been no cost for you to have even your master to come over and install it the correct way. This job is quite easy, a quick review of the codes and you could have installed it yourself.

Even with all of this said, Lowe's needs to be given reviews of the contractors that they hire. I do not work for Lowe's, but have used their contractors in the past.

They always are welcoming of contractor reviews and are willing to work with the customers, at least from what I found out. You should have contacted your local Lowe's first and tried to get the problem corrected.

If you own an electrical company like you say you do, why would you or one of your employees wired the outlet for the range? Seems odd that you would hire Lowes to do it.

@Anonymous

Lol! I thought the same thing!

View more comments (3)