State: Texas City: Tyler Clear all filters (10 of 4891 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Awful i will never go there for anything again

I went to the lowes store in tyler texas several times to talk about installing carpet in my new home. Everytime there was no one there who could help.. Or anyone who seemed interested to help.. I felt like a bother ! Finally a man took our phone number and said they would call to shecduale an appointment to measure our carpet .. A week later someone called and i didnt answer i called right back noome picked up ... Its been weeks and still no reply and they litterly send me to voicemail.. Ive called the store serveral times and noone in flooring will amswer ... Ive waisted weeks on them!!!

"Everytime there was no one there who could help..

Or anyone who seemed interested to help.."

Behold the result of corporate cost cutting. Lowes like many other corporate entities cut pay and hours.

It's no wonder people aren't treating you the way they may have back in the day when they were treated like real people instead of numbers on a spread sheet.

Your demand for cheap everything is fueling this.

You can say you're going somewhere else but it's the same thing everywhere.

The friendly older dude has been run out and replaced by a younger, cheaper person who doesn't care or was jaded to the point where he will only give service up to the value of his salary. Go beyond isn't rewarded these days nor should it be expected.

Lowes Carpet Installation

Tyler, TX Lowes terrible delivery and customer Service

1.5
Their website states they can deliver lumber AS SOON AS TOMORROW - this is not true, 3 orders in a row I have been told they can not deliver for up to a WEEK after the order. The Lowe's 1-800 # told me it was my fault , I should have read the terms and conditions...."I'm sorry you failed to read the terms and conditions" MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP MISLEADING YOUR CUSTOMERS! Once, they said it couldn't be delivered so I offered to pick it up instead. They refunded my delivery fee - after spending about 1.5hrs driving to a friends to borrow a trailer, I get a call from Lowe's saying the delivery was on its way - make up your mind people! Twice, they called and told me the delivery driver called in sick - but 2 hours later I see my neighbors up the street getting appliances delivered.......FROM LOWES Third, this time the delivery team is backed up for a week and a half..... The store was nice enough to refund my delivery fee the first two times, but today being the THIRD instance and not being able to get my lumber for 9 days after ordering I am done doing business with this Lowe's.
Lowes Express Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer and delivery service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Bad Product Delivery

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care

2.3
Lowes - Lowe's refuses online fulfillment, changes web site while I'm on phone with corporate customer care
cust id 1963692 10/24/2014 Today my wife and I went to Lowe's to get some tools and look at tool chests. Standing in the store we check online and see this deal on a Kobalt chest, item #351117 and see they have one remaining in stock. We checked the aisle but didn't see it, or even a spot for it. We went back and looked at the demo models and saw the chest. $469, with the item number shown (took photo of tag, included here), and a new item number shown below that (Item #538545). The guy helping us is baffled but assures us that weird as this is, we obviously should get the demo. He gets the assistant manager. The assistant manager says that product is now Item #538545. We point out that online shows one 351117 available and that the product is identical (see comparison). He states that their inventory must be off. I ask him what if I purchase it online, right there. He says it won't work but try. I get to the shopping cart before he stops me and said it doesn't matter, they would just refund my money and tell me they didn't have the product. We argue back and forth, he looks locally for the 351117 chest and nobody has one. Note that the original online sale was shown to go thru 11/22/2014. He offers 25% off the $469 price. We decline and leave. I called Lowes corporate in the parking lot. Helped by a friendly guy (customer id 1963692) who listens, then starts looking for the 351117 chest. Note that my time with him ends up at 90 minutes, 9 seconds. We drive home while I'm on hold. The service rep pops back on now and then and he's clearly confused by this too. Big sale, the item is nowhere. He asks me for my store location, then reads the sale price for the item off to me. $258.99. He comments on that being a great price, keeps looking. More holding, he's trying this, trying that, commiserating with me, has repeated the sale, the price etc. Finally he says he found one! In Claremore. That's a couple hours away so he says he'll see if he can get it shipped to my house, can I hold? This is a long hold. 20-25 minutes. He comes back. His tone is change, no humor, very dry. Claremore has one, but not at the price I mentioned. He asked me what that price was again. Says he can't find it online. Am I sure it's the right item? I'm dumbfounded. I point out to him that we talked about these things, he read the price to me - and now he's acting like this didn't happen. I look online during this chat and Lowe's has changed the item price to $399.00. No sale. The $469, same item different item number, is online as well. No sign of the sale that started this. The customer rep simple says "Is there anything else I can help you with?" No, I guess not. So here's my complaints: 1. Lowe's online posted up a nice sale on a toolbox that simply was not available. Anywhere. On October 24 for an item sale lasting through 11/22/2014. 2. Lowe's took an item, changed the item number, and bumped the price up $100 and refused to honor the sale price of the item simply because they changed the item number. 3. Lowe's literally changed the website information during my 90 minute customer service call, then denied that the sales information, which I'm posting here, even existed. I can't imagine this is legal, but I don't think there's really any customer protection in America any more. All I can do is vote with my wallet and share this experience publicly. There aren't so many hardware store options any more but I know how to buy online from Amazon. I won't purchase from Lowe's again.
Review
Pros
  • Product
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Preferred solution
Deliver Item #538547 (formerly Item #351117), in good condition, to my home for $268.99

Lowes.com

Tried to purchase items from clearance email rec'd from company. following email exchange w/ their c/service: Rec’d email clearance offer today. Shopped, added items to cart. Two attempts to check at approx. 0800 hrs CDT U.S. using Lowe’s credit card failed. Error message “500” and lengthy code sequence appeared on screen. Gave up knowing I could come back to cart since items remain in cart for “up to 30 days”. When I returned, two of the items in cart had changed in both price and quantity, specifically they had gone back to the regular price (I presume) and from 4 ordered to one. A phone call (actually it took 3 tries to get info to Lowe’s associate) to cust service and someone is now working on the problem. However, a third attempt to check out with the remaining items once again produced the “500” error and no sale. Therefore I have copied/pasted the error message below for your information. Let me know when problem is resolved so I can complete order Mr. Terry L. Combs The RESPONSE: I apologize for any technical issues you may have experienced while shopping online with us. If you are using Internet explorer this may be contributing to the issue you are having. You may reach our Sales team at 1-800-445-6937 for assistance placing an order. MY RESPONSE TO RESPONSE: So the most popular browser is the problem huh? If that is in fact true, one *** business model Lowe's has...The number one browser won't work on your dot com...Pretty amazing. And as for customer service, someone in an office in New Mexico and I had a phone conversation wherein she was to call back within an hour...over four hours ago at this writing... As of 36 hours and counting still haven't heard from cs rep I contacted (who has my number and actually called back during initial contact when call dropped...).
Review

Lowes hires be diverse and not to satisfy the customer.

I cant help but notice the trend that Lowes in Nacogdoches Tx has taken. They have decided to hire individuals to up their diversity instead of people who are friendly and want to work. Why is it when I go to check out at this particular Lowes I am not greeted or spoken to in any way. Most times they dont even say the total of my order. If you have to hire individuals with a chip on their shoulder that think they are owed everything and shouldn't have to work then put them in lumber or somewhere in the back.

Lazy porch monkeys,,spear chuckers,,

Lazy *** ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I see it everyday ! I live in Ga.,There's alot of "F U White boy" chip here.I'm tired of it !

Cool Western centralization complex, bro.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Vietnam Vets get screwed again!!!

I went to Lowes to get their so called Veterans discount and was told my 43 year old VA card was no good nor was my DD-214. So I tried The Home Depot. No problem. After spending thousands of dollars over the years at Lowes, I can can see there are only interested in my money and not my service. I Hsve watched my fellow Vietnam Vets get the short end of the stick for years and I'm sad to say it's still happening. America still wants to forget us. I'm sure going to forget Lowes.

Do you get 10% off gas? New car?

Why building materials?

Did you join the military to get $.19 off of a 2x4? Ridiculous

Quit friggin whinning you little ***

Lowes no longer considers a Vet’s DD214 as 'acceptable' proof of getting a 10% discount. Now - you have to be retired, active duty, or disabled vet - and have a Picture MILITARY ID to prove it.

So for all of us who served in the 'Nam and every other *** hole in the world, and didn't do 20 years or was disabled, Too bad! They will not give you a picture ID. I was forced to Nam and the ones who went to Canada was pardon by our presdent. I was spit at, called a babby killer and was forced to change my uniform after returning to the state for my safty.

How many Active Duty people have spent their entire career in the states?

Oh, they do allow vets discount on three holidays..........like, I can wait till Veterans Day, Memorial Day, or the 4th of July to buy a new appliance. I raised *** about their NEW policy! Obviously, a new policy made up by some office pogue who has no clue, and doesn't give a *** what real vets have been through!

I just retired from the military and now work at Lowes in delivery but had to learn the register for three days. I know what a dd214 is and a va id but people who weren't in the military oftentimes have no clue and since your id doesn't look like the sample one their register book they don't want to get in trouble.

From one vet to another, I appreciate your service. Next time elevate it to a manager and they will probably honor it

And yet, I see our store continually bend over backwards to give unwarranted "deals" to slumlord landlords and property owners all the time! But let someone who actually gave a good portion of his life defending this country TRY to get even a meager legitimate discount and it's "katy bar the door" time! Really sad.

thank you for your service! please shop at a locally owned store, introduce yourself to the owner and let him know that you are pledging your loyalty to his operation and see what happens.

No policies needed, not a corporate envrioment where employees cant make a on the spot decsion for a customer.

Its not the fault ofthe big box stores, thats just the way that they are designed to operate. Shop local!

Ah soh! You American kill my gleat glandfaddah!

He vietnam! *** American.

Hello. First of all, thank you for your service. I have a lot of respect for all veterans. You guys don't get anywhere near what you deserve.

I believe Lowes official policy is to only give the discount to active and disabled military personnel. I work at Lowes at nights, and I take care of any veteran that shows ID. My store is fairly lax about the policy.

Some stores, however, are not. Some people don't wanna risk losing their jobs for a couple of dollars. I believe Lowes does need to change the policy to cover all veterans. As far as I know, Depot has the exact same policy as Lowes. It's probably a lax Depot and a strict Lowes.

View more comments (7)

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Lowe's Sucky Customer Service

I went to Lowe's earlier today to get a box of ceramic wall tiles. I try going through the Self Checkout because my 2 year old was being a nightmare and I didn't want to wait in line. I picked up the HEAVY box (80 tiles) out of my cart, and the scanner scans the wrong barcode, so it says 'Unidentified Item'. There is an employee monitoring the self checkout lanes and he is standing there talking to a friend. He looks at me standing there several times before I finally had to ask him to come help me. He picks the box back up to scan the right barcode, then pretty much DROPS the box on the floor. You could hear at least 10 tiles breaking. He looked at me and said "Whoops, guess you better go get another box" and walks off! He also told me to take the broken box back with me and put it back on the shelf. The tile aisle is in the VERY back of the store. Of course didn't take the broken box back with me and it was still sitting on the floor when I got back up to the front of the store with the new box of tiles, and he was standing there talking to his friend again. If I wasn't so in a hurry to leave I would have asked to speak with a supervisor. He should have been the one to get me a new box, or at least paged another employee to do it. That behavior was extremely rude and I plan on making all my purchases elsewhere.

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Hiring Practices

Don't ever apply for a position at Lowes in Ruston Louisiana. There Human Resource Manager is a racises againsdt whites. My son was told he had a position, full time at this store. Over the course of two and a half weeks he was drug tested twice, given a name tag, locker and vest. He reported to work every day at the time this 23 year old kid who was the Human Resource Manager told him to be there, Jacoby is his name, and half the time he was never there. I guess he works only two dasys a week. After chasing him down, my son was old he did not have a job. The position was given to a black man. I went to the store to speak with Jacoby about what was going on, and was told he was not at work, what else was new. This nice young department manager was kind enough to get in touch with Jacoby and let me speak with him. To no avail I still to this day do not have an answer to why the position was never given to my son, but to a black man. Upon leaving the store the nice young man informed me we where the wrong color. "Lowes in Ruston only hires blacks. " I have done a lot of business at Lowes over the years, and having my own business in Ruston, I will be telling every one never to shop at Lowes again.

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Employee stole my jacuzzi after I paid for it

I found a jacuzzi that someone had special ordered in Lowes in Jonesboro, AR, that was marked way down because the customer didn't take it after it came in. I decided to purchase the jacuzzi and asked a employee to help me get it to the checkout desk. The boy was nice and told me that was a great buy, but he could not move it by himself. He asked another employee to help him take it to the front for me. The second boy came over to help him and I heard him say he couldn't believe that jacuzzi had been marked down so much then he told the first employee for him to wait because that jacuzzi maybe already sold. He then got on the phone and I heard him telling the person he was talking to that there was a great buy on a jacuzzi just like the one they wanted. After I heard him say that, I said this jacuzzi is already sold because I'm buying it. When I said that he knew we could hear him talking so he left while still talking on the phone. The first guy told me that he couldn't do that because there wasn't a sold sign on it and he probably saw that is was a good buy and decided he wanted someone else to have it. He then found someone else to help him move the jacuzzi to the checkout desk for me. It had already been rain up and I had paid for it with my credit card when that boy came up and told the checkout clerk that I could not buy that jacuzzi because it was already sold. The checkout clerk then told me that she was sorry and would credit my credit card. I told her no that there was no sold sign on it and what had happened but she went ahead and credited my card and told me again she was sorry. I asked to speak to the manager so she got on the phone and called someone and told me it would be just a minute so I waited 35 mins and I never saw a manager. In the mean time the boy that wanted the jacuzzi had someone help him move it to the side and he placed a sold sign on it. I decided that I had waited long enough and would just go home and call the manager so I did. I did get to talk to the manager and tell him what happened and he said there was nothing he could do about it because the jacuzzi had a sold sign on it and was waiting on someone to pick it up. I even told him to check out the time that the transaction was made on my card when I paid for it and then check what time the other person had actually paid for it and he would find that I had already purchased it before the other person had actually come in to the store to pay for it. He just blew me off still saying there wasn't anything he could do about it. I will never buy anything else at Lowes!

i work at lowes and thats pretty messed up. You should have stood up for yourself a little more.

I wouldnt have left.

You should have told them what you overheard. Ive never run into that problem the 6 years i have worked customer service.

The Lowes in Jonesboro, AR

which Lowe's was this?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111

2449 reviews
2.1
Compare

Lowes Is The LIAR

I was LIED to by lowes, they said if i would pay a certain amount that I could save 200.00 dollars by paying off early. I did it and now the bunch of CROOKS say i still owe the 200.00. LIAR LIAR LIAR. I hope they enjoy the money cause they won't get anymore from me. I LOVE HOME DEPOt I just got my new credit card in the mail. Off to HOME DEPOT. Lowes LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES Oh did i mention that LOWES LIES like a dog?