2.0

Mid May 2015, I attempted to pick out a door for installation at my home from Lowe’s on Military Hwy in Norfolk, VA. Cannot pick out door until home is measured.

$51 fee charged for measurement. Paid fee, informed someone will contact me in 3 days. 5 days later, I find a business card stuck to my door, while I was home, from a “handyman service”. I don’t know if this was the Lowes installer or not.

Contact store, received an apology, and asked to try the process again. I decline. Called corporate office with my complaint. Store calls, will waive measurement fee if I’ll attempt the purchase again.

I agree. Contractor arrived, writes up labor quote and submits to store. Store calls with a quote, and I have not yet picked out a door model. Lowe’s employee is short with me, stating, “fine, come in a pick out a door”.

Today, I arrive at store to pick out a door, and cannot get anyone to help. Gave up waiting and went to customer service to speak with manager. Spent another 20 minutes waiting to speak with a manager, who never appears. Drove back to work, and called corporate office.

Corporate office patches me through to the Lowe’s manager. Now the manager that I stood around waiting to talk to in the store is available if you have corporate office make the call for you. Corporate office asked me if there is another Lowe’s store in the area that I can go to. Sure, but why bother?

Plenty of Home Depot stores in VA too. If you need a product that must be measured, or installed, buy the part from another hardware store, and contract the installation yourself.

Save yourself the aggravation I’ve experienced. Avoid installation services from Lowe’s.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. GleasonTD stated that there is a room for improvement of bad service 3rd or forth time now. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of exterior door. Lowes needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned exterior door in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lowes.

Comments