I have been a Lowe's credit card holder for almost ten years, and as a general contractor, I use it all the time. I make big payments every month.

Last month, my assistant made an online payment for me. When my account did not register right away, she made another payment. She called Lowe's when she realized it was a duplicate, and the lovely lady told her to how to cancel the extra payment online - no problem. It has been nothing but problems ever since.

I made a $5000 payment ten days ago...went to use the card today and it was....declined. After hours on the phone, the only answer we got was...fax your bank statement proving it came out of your account. Did I say it has been ten days?

I have never been late and I make large payments, well over the minimum, every month. Now, all of a sudden, the rules have changed.

Time to cancel the card.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Credit Card.

• Lowe s Credit Card
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 23, 2013.

Comments

Lowe's has been nothing but a PITA to me when they first decided to change my payment due date(from the 15 th to the 1st), then jack up my interest rate to over 24%! When I asked them "why", they essentially said "because we can!' I am a contractor, who has made several thousands of dollars worth of purchases from my Local Lowe's store (located in Camden, Delaware)over the last eight years or so.

When they did this, I paid off my balance, cut up my card and have vowed to never shop with them again! I will keep my account open as long as possible so I can reap the benefits of my long association with those clowns.

My guess is that when your assistant screwed up making 2 payments, both may have been canceled when you canceled a payment. A quick check of your bank statement would tell you.

It's obvious that you make mistakes as 2 payments were made. You seem to be quick to cut a 10 year relationship IF 1 error is made on the part of the company that handles Lowes Credit card.

Perhaps they should be the one closing your account because you are being a PITA. Who screwed up first, you or them???