Big Rapids, Michigan
3.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

On Sept 30, 2018 my husband and I purchased 5,500.00 of GE appliances, from the Lowe's store in Big Rapids, MI. We purchases a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave.

We only purchased the GE brand because the salesman told us that we would get a 500.00 rebate from Lowe's. He gave us the rebate form to send in with a copy of the receipt. I sent it in Oct 8th and it was received Oct 16th. I am now told it is only on GE Cafe Appliances.

I feel we were scammed. We were talked into more expensive appliances because of the promise of a rebate. I also never would have purchased GE except fore the promise.

I was always a fan of the LG appliances. How is a customer to know the differences of a cafe appliance?

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Reason of review: Rebate not as presented.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Cons: Untrained salesperson.

Comments

Always read the fine print, no matter what the salesman told you, the rebate form tells you what specifically is eligible for a rebate. In the future you would be wise to never trust a salesman, get it in writing, and vilidate his claims. It is called “buyer beware”, and by law, it is the responsibility of the buyer.