I can't express my disapointment with the Lowes of Columbia, MD branch.I went in to get an estimate for granite counter tops, and explained to the sales person (Wade) that the counter was 10' long and "L" shaped.

The rep responded to me by handing me a small piece of paper and saying "I need you to draw me a picture". Okay, I'm no rocket scientist, but even a 5 yr old knows what the letter "L" looks like. The rep continued to respond in short answers and unwillingness to help.

Sending this to Corporate HQ today.

Review about: Lowes Estimate.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

:cry Just the shape of the letter L is NO INDICATION of LENGTH and WIDTH>>>Which the guy would need to give you a GUESSTIMATE..why didn't you just pay the n$35.00 to have them come out and measure to give you a "True estimate". Why not come in with measurements? :eek

Isn't it YOUR job to help them start if they are clueless?! That is why you are titled sales specialist or sales rep ... quit whinning that others need their hands held and step up to the plate/job and say, "this is what I am going to need to help you get started."

You said ...

Wow...it is customers like you that really need to quit thinking that every *** time you walk into a retail store that your hand is going to be held as you shop. Do your homework before coming in! I\'m sorry but the sales specialist isn\'t going to just pull a number out of their ***, there are far too many variables. Next time you want to know a price on countertops put down the *** cheetos, grab a tape measure, and sketch out what your going to need.

Wow...it is customers like you that really need to quit thinking that every *** time you walk into a retail store that your hand is going to be held as you shop.Do your homework before coming in!

I\'m sorry but the sales specialist isn\'t going to just pull a number out of their ***, there are far too many variables.Next time you want to know a price on countertops put down the *** cheetos, grab a tape measure, and sketch out what your going to need.

I have to agree with ea789, you don't seem to understand what goes into designing a kitchen or counter top. I used to work for Home Depot and we would get customer in there all the time that were clueless on home improvements or the processes involved. Stop watching these designs programs on HGTV and do your homework prior to coming in, it would save everyone involved a great deal of time.

your 2 comments dont really agree with eachother. did you actually have dimensions, or did you just point to a display and say "my kitchen is about that size"? it sounds to me like you probably didnt have actual dimensions with you.

if that IS the case, the salesman was absolutely correct in showing you the samples and prices on the board to give you an idea on prices until you came back with actual dimensions.

from what you originally posted, why would you have even gotten a manager involved? the salesman was just doing his job.

San Michele Mondovi, Piemonte, Italy #38061

While I appreciate the response, this still does not account for bad customer service. Once the manager got involved the service rep (Wade) stated "that's not how he say it happening" and then turned his back to both of us and another sales rep THEN pointed out there was a chart with samples and prices that I could use a starting point.

Yes, an "L" is a basic shape, but to quote a countertop accurately, he needed to know if you had a 90 degree or 45 degree corner. This not only affects the amount of square footage, but most fabricators charge a few hundred dollars more for a 45 degree cut.

Anyone who had NOT asked you that would have probably mis-quoted your countertop.

I design kitchens and the reason we make YOU draw it is because many customer try to hold us to a "quoted" price, even if they gave us the wrong dimensions, or forget to mention a special depth or radiused corners, etc. If you draw the top, you have to be accountable for at least the shape of the countertop.