Newtown, Connecticut
1.3

The sales guy told me I would be covered 24/7. I bought the plan on his word and could not read the agreement in the store.

My refrigerator broke. Was on phone for almost 1 hour with bad English. They told me they would expedite and call back that day. No one called.

I had a tech fix the next day that I payed for. I called to place a complaint and nobody contacted me back. Called again and Lowes said someone tried to contact me over 1 week later. Why so long?

They had pre-written responses to my questions. They would not reimburse me for the repair parts or labor. Wasted about 3 hours total on the phone.

What did I pay for? Very dishonest.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

My bet is that if you were to take some time and read the service plan you purchased you would find out exactly what you paid for. They may have someone that answers the phone 24/7 but that doesn't mean you will get immediate service. You aren't going to be put at the front of the line for service calls, you will be scheduled when the next technician is available.

@Anonymous

The Lowes representative realized I was in need for a timely repair and told me they would expedite and call me back with an appointment in a few hours. Never happened.

A total scam. All the way to the responses.

@Anonymous

So rather than calling them back you called someone else? That doesn't make them responsible to pay the repair company you chose.

@Anonymous

Why would we wait for Lowes to fix it when they did not even call back when they said they would? What kind of a joke is lowes service?