I went to Lowes to pick up some flooring for a project to work on this weekend. I checked my bank account on my phone right before going through the checkouts, just to make sure I had enough.

When I checked out, the cashier said my card wasn't being read. So, she swiped it through a few times. Then, on one of the swipes it showed 'denied'. So, I pulled up my account again on my phone and it showed that amount less in my account.

So, she called the manager over. She was a little rude to me and told me it's showing the transaction did not go through. And I explained to her that the amount was indeed taken out of my account because now I have that much less showing as available. She then went to a register so she could pull up the last few transactions on the register I was at.

It didn't show my transaction. Yet, my account showed the money as taken out. She was a little short with me and said she couldn't do anything. So, I ended up paying for it with a different debit card.

That was 3 days ago and the hold is still 'pending' on the account I first tried to use. I'm so angry.

I am not only out the money I spent to actually purchase the products, but I'm also 'temporarily' out that exact amount on my other account because it's still pending. I may just stay with Home Depot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Cashier.

Comments