Division No. 6, Alberta

Update by user Sep 21, 2015

Forgot to add that for 6mths, I tried to get in touch with their corporate customer service. No one was ever available, and they'd send me notifications that they called me but nobody answered. Every time I called them back, the person was not available.

Original review posted by user Sep 21, 2015

It was 2yrs ago. I was redesigning my basement and invested about $20,000, half at Lowe's and half at Home Depot.

Was visiting these stores at least twice a week, for several months. Towards the end of my current project phase, I went to return the extra supplies I didn't use. Home Depot never gave me any hassle. Lowe's, on the other hand, accused me of "getting for free" (aka stealing) a TWELVE FOOT LONG baseboard since I didn't have a receipts and mostly paid cash for my purchases.

The store manager treating me as if I was a thief and denied me any refund. I left the baseboard on the floor, lost $15.79 and to date, this is the most upsetting experience I had in a store in my entire life. I probably spent an extra $7,000 to finish my project.

Because of disrespecting me and making such accusations, they didn't see a extra cent of it. I avoid that store like the plague now.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 21, 2015.

Comments

No there is not more to the story, Mr Anonymous.

For returns without valid receipts:

In most instances, your receipt can be retrieved by using the original credit card, chequing account number, or by your phone number.

In-store credit may be issued for the item's current selling price.

I bet there is more to the story. The simple solution to hassle free returns wherever you shop is to have your receipt when you make the return.