2431 N Main St, Crossville, TN 38555
1.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

TERRIBLE! WISH I COULD RATE AS ZERO!

NOT GIVEN THAT OPTION, OF COURSE! PAID FOR A NEW Whirlpool washing machine and set it for delivery. It came a week later on Saturday. I could hear a GOOD amount of water sloshing inside when I moved it.

Called manager and was told that that gallon or two was normal from factory testing. YEAH, RIGHT! If machine wouldn’t drain that much water out, it wouldn’t pass inspection! So I set the machine up, hooked it up, and had to go (TO ANOTHER BUSINESS BY CHOICE, OF COURSE) get another drain hose because the one that came with was way too short.

When I finally got it set up, I tried to run the machine; the agitator only worked at the “gentle” speed, even on HEAVY DUTY or SUPER CLEAN or whatever. On Monday, I called WHIRLPOOL, and, LO AND BEHOLD - THEY LOOKED UP THE SERIAL NUMBER AND IT WAS ALREADY WARANTEED TO SOMEONE ELSE! Called the local store. Manager was going to find out what happened and was going to call me back.

DID NOT CALL BACK! Finally, I called the Lowe’ REGIONAL office and arranged to RETURN the machine. NOT EXCHANGE! TOO MUCH ————TO WADE THRU!

Meanwhile, while I was still on the call to Regional, the local store delivery Dept called me and said they were bringing an exchange - the manager just didn’t feel the need to get back with me, I guess!! He arranged an exchange without even consulting me on whether I WANTED to exchange?!?! So, I called the local, CROSSVILLE, TN, Lowe’s back and told them NO, I WANT MY MONEY BACK, SO I CAN DEAL WITH AN HONEST COMPANY THAT RESPONDS TO THE CUSTOMER AND TELLS THE CUSTOMER WHAT’S GOING ON. This is the absolute worst fiasco I’ve ever had to deal with when buying ANYTHING.

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME, EFFORT, AND MONEY!! RUN, don’t walk, to ANY OTHER store!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Washing Machine Installation.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Lowes Cons: Service, Response, Quality, Communication.

• management
  • Whirlpool appliances
  • Quality And Service
  • Returns
  • Washing Machine

Comments

h.kitchener

Obviously, some bright light at Lowe's messed up and gave you a used, probably returned washer. The Lowe's manager probably thought you would be happy to just have it replace, little-knowing how irately you reacted to his not bothering to call you back after he said he would.

This happens and, of course is a reflection of the manager's attitude toward courtesy and customer service.

It is not a reflection of Lowe's corporate. However, big box stores are really not known for really good customer service as they deal on volume plus low prices and them losing you as a customer is insignificant when there are millions of other, less discerning customers out there.