2.6

I recently received a under ground fence for my three dogs since we were moving and had to way to contain our dogs. After talking to many people that said the fences didn't work that great i decided to take it back and just exchange for a 10 x 10 kennel.

When i took it back the lady said that she couldn't take it back without a receipt because it was a high priced item. I explained to her that i got as a gift and did not have the receipt. She then said that i better call whoever gave it to me and get the receipt. I ask her what made this item a (high dollar item) and she couldn't tell me just kept saying i needed the receipt.

I ask her if there were certain items that have to have a receipt did the cashiers remind customers of this? She said it wasn't Lowe's job to tell all the customers and they should have ask!! about the return policy....I kept trying to get an answer on what made this item special that i had to have a receipt only to get know where. Then a lady manager butted in and told me that they (not Lowe's) have the right to decide if they need a receipt ??

I have never been treated like this before at Lowe's and can assure it want happen again !!. I thought managers were suppose to help with the issue in this case she just made it worse.

Poor Training and poor leadership leads to this. Oh and the problem with hiring individuals that shouldn't be in customer service!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Help from employees.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 18, 2016.

Comments

Austin, Texas, United States #1149727

Most stores have policies like this especially with high priced items. Why throw a temper tantrum, it won't get you anywhere. Not only that people find it funny when an adult throws a temper tantrum like some four year old when they don't get what they want.

Jumpa

That is not Lowes policy if you asked for a manager he/she would have returned it ...especially for a store credit but not for cash without a receipt. At my store I've seen them return stuff we do not even sell, Home depot items

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1147641

First, you need to understand that retail stores are under no obligation to take anything back once it is sold. You were trying to return a high priced high theft item.

If in fact it was purchased, rather than stolen, someone should have a receipt.

Once you have the receipt, if there is one, return the fence. If you can't get a receipt don't expect them to give you a refund for a product that wasn't paid for.

You have to be able to provide proof of purchase to any retailer on any item regardless of how expensive it is to get a refund or exchange. That is the law.

This is to protect retailers from people that steal items and try to return them for cash or exchange for something that was too big to sneak out under there coat. Thousands of people try this scam everyday.