This store is unbearable(Troy, AL) .How can you put a Store Manager who knows nothing about home improvement in charge of a home improvement store?

David Rountree not only is a blithering ***, he treats his employees like s**t. He uses threats and intimidation to get what he wants done, done. Almost all the good employees ran off, along with the customers who were coming here for the year before he arrived. Anybody left is so depressed from working here, they might as well be working for Wal-mart.

Saddest thing is the district manager, Michael Bowman, knows he is a ***, knows he doesn't know what he is doing.

Yet, Bowman is letting the people of Troy,Al suffer because he is the *** a** that hired him!!

Review about: Lowes Manager.

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

I wanted to commend Lowes on the great job they did at local Boys & Girls Club in Troy AL.It is sad that one employee who gives bad service can mess up the reputation of the store.

A store who does so much work for free could not be that bad. Sorry, I can't write a complaint.

Great Job Lowes in Troy, AL!:grin

#199297

I have had some problems with Lowe's in Troy, but the good outweighs the bad.Many of their employees are really decent at the job they do.

As for me and my house, we will continue to shop at Lowe's in Troy.

You just simply have to overlook ignorance.This is true anywhere you go, not just confined to Lowe's.

Seriously tru2god2 u should be slapped for saying somethign so ignorant.wow.

i live in alabama and just because its in the country doesnt me we all wear overalls and no shoes. where have you been under a rock?? Mobile is a giant growing town full of up and coming industry and im sure one day u will be begging to work in one of our giant coorporations we have moving to Mobile Alabama. yes alabama.

ur very ***. and im guessing ur from up north so i guess that makes u an *** right.

a nose in the air unintelligient wanna be brat.very sad.

tru2god2
Moundville, Missouri, United States #54145

ALABAMA ?WHAT THE HECK DO YOU BUNCH OF BACK WOODS FOLK KNOW ABOUT HOME FURNISHINGS.

HECK THATS LIKE LARRY THE CABLE GUY GOING TO MACY'S.

YALL GO DOWN TO THE CREEK AND GET YER SELF SOME MUD SOME STICKS AND SOME ROCKS !NOW THERE BE SOME GOOD OLE ALABAMA HOME FURNISHINGS...

The Lowes in Troy since it's conception was poorly managed.They didn't even train their employees properly on the thin clients because the store wanted to skip some training and break the record for setting up a Lowes store faster than any other.

They essentially threw the employees to the sharks.

I work at the pavilion Lowes in Dothan and just from stopping by in previous months at the Troy store, many of the employees are clearly not trained the way management should be training them.It's too bad such a nice store and a nice town have to have such awful managers.

Woodville, Alabama, United States #24576

New to the area,and it was a nitemare from day one when I walked in the place.Needed flooring for home and payed deposit,and no one showed up at my home,called and finally went to store and begged for my deposit back.. and my special orders x2 was placed on shelfs,after they said it was not in yet after a week and a half..Find things they have when employees say they don't carry stuff.Product you carry but you don't have installers to put it in...dahhh.so why do you addvertise it to be installed....I realize when I go to your store,to make sure I have plenty of time so I can scout out and look threw stuff,for what I need,a one man team that I am.Love the extra change I get back each time...

Esslingen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany #22961

The only thing Bowman cares about is his big bonus check by letting Roundtree run the store with as little help as possible!

Bowman should have gotten the boot too.

Nashville, Indiana, United States #13807

As of 5/23, D Roundtree is no longer in the employ of Lowe's.The Troy Al store will be under new management.Roundtree was unceremoniously given the boot.

Even in retail, poor human behavior will catch up with you. Treating people with dignity and respect is a fundamental necessity. Often, retail mgmt requires contempt for others, skills in abuse and exploitation, deceit, and a sense of absolute power.

Will upper mgmt ever recognize the true power of treating people right (as it is always spelled out in their employee handbooks--on the first page)?May the new mgmt lead to real success for all!

Masontown, West Virginia, United States #11359

If the Contractor is like most I've know around here he doesn't give a ***.His momma probably set him up in business and he's probably a worse employer that Lowes.

That's how they get rich, paying people nothing and winning through intimidation.A** hole is a proud title for them.

Black Diamond, Washington, United States #10845

You sound like somebody who worked there and got fired by this guy. Being a contractor I shop at both lowes and HD extensively, but have no idea who the managers are much less some district manager.

Just admit you were a crappy employee and deserved to be fired.