New refrigerator, less than 10 years old, compressor went cost $800.00

JennAir gas range, computer went cost so far $700.00 I had my mothers refrigerator for 20 years, redid my kitchen and bought all new appliances, took out the 4 year warranty, warranty is out, now all appliances are a piece of ***, all the repair men said do NOT buy at LOWES My husband is disabled we are retired and on a limited income. Can't afford to fix them

now out of gas range and refrigerator.

I will never buy at lowes again. lowes does not stand by their products

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

What difference does it make where you bought the appliance? Do you really think the JennAir appliance you buy at Lowes is different than what you buy elsewhere?

If it's the same model # there is no difference between Lowes, Home Depot or your local appliance store. The repairman was probably from a local appliance store and just trying to get you to buy the products from his store. You need to stop blaming the retailer. They didn't make the product.

The sales reps from the appliance manufacturers will tell you their products are made to last 10-12 years.

The refrigerator you had that lasted 20 years was made at a time when products were made to last. Consumers don't want to pay the price for quality any more so don't expect your appliances to last forever.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States #679489

Ugh. They don't make things like they used to.

People want the high quality items for a low price. Sorry...can't have it both ways. Both Chinese made pieces of ***, I'm sure.

But that being said, how the *** is it Lowe's fault if something breaks after ten years?

I'd say you got your money's worth. Go buy new appliances, bro.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #679463

Why is it Lowes fault??????? They did not make the refrigerator and stove.

My $300 baby monitor crapped out on me after its warranty, but I didn't blame BabiesRus. My Roper dryer crapped out on me after 10 years, well after the warranty, I didn't blame Lowes. And my Whirlpool dishwasher is crapping out on me now after 1 1/2 years, after the year warranty, I'm not blaming Lowes. If you bought these same appliances at Home Depot, HH Gregg, Sears, etc, would you blame those store???

Shouldn't you be complaining on JennAir and the manufacturer of your refrigerator??? Shame on you.