Atlanta, Georgia

I just returned home from Lowe's on Perkins in Memphis. My husband and I have made many purchases at Lowe's during the years. we usually pay with our debit card.Today i paid with a check. i was very surprised that i could not use my military ID for identification. This card has everything my drivers license does plus a picture. My husband served 41 years in service helping keeping our country safe. i plan to share this with all our military friends, also all the military groups that my husband is part of. I feel sure that Lowe's doesn't care. I do and will think seriously about shopping with you again.

Carolyn Moffatt

wd4smw@bellsouth.net

Comments

Thankyou for your service, first. Second, they should have offered you the 10% Lowes discount at the register for a)active duty b)disabled veteran military ID to get the discount. Military ID is NOT something to be easily copied or falsified, but Im not getting into all that, however should be better than a drivers license, it is every where I travel, including hotels etc.

Good Luck with all that, I dont really like Lowes for too much of anything compared to Home Depot, SemperFi

Oh boo hoo. You have to carry a valid driver's license just like everyone else.

Cry me a freaking river. You aren't even the retired veteran, you're husband is. I've managed retail stores, and I've worked for Casinos and we didn't take Military ID either. And what does it even matter?

What does them not taking your ID you once used to get onto base with have to do with you buying *** from Lowes? Or is it one of those "it's the principal of the thing" nonsense? Does your military ID have your DRIVERS LICENSE number on it? Because after all thats how they track checks.

They write the drivers license number on there for a reason you know. :roll

Military I.D. is not a valid form of identification anywhere for the validation of a check.

I respect the service your husband has given, as my brother and my wife are both veterans.

By the way, so does Lowe's, as they are the only retailer to offer a military discount - with "military" I.D. , of course.

I SERVED 40 YEARS IN THE MILITARY. THANKS FOR YOUR HUSBANDS SERVICE.

HOWEVER MILITARY ID CAN BE FORGED, THEY ARE SAFER NOW.

IF YOUR CHECK WAS BAD WHO DO YOU THINK WILL PAY FOR THE BAD CHECK. CONSUMERS LIKE ME.

Carolyn Moffatt