Chattanooga, Tennessee
4.3

I ordered and paid for a Kitchen Aid Trash Compactor the first of August with the understanding that delivery would in September. The unit did not arrive.

I was then told that it would be delivered in mid October. In mid October I was given a definite date of October 21; then it was the 27th. On the next day Lowe's called to say it would another three weeks before delivery. So it is uncertain when my Trash Compactor will be delivered and installed.

Meanwhile, Lowe's has free use of the money I paid at time of placing order. I post this review to make you aware of what might await you should you place a special order with Lowe's.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lowes Pros: Sales associates, Installer, Product quality, Discount for veterans.

Lowes Cons: Uncertain delivery time, Rude customer service associate.

Comments

My complaint with Lowe's has been resolved to my complete satisfaction. Lowe's is still my preferred store for purchasing major appliances and materials for home improvements.

You do realize that Lowes doesn't make the compactor don't you? Kitchen Aid appliances are made by Whirlpool.

As trash compactors are not a high demand item Whirlpool probably doesn't keep a lot in their warehouses. Lowes gives you a delivery date based on what Whirlpool tells them.

If Whirlpool doesn't ship time and issues a new due date there isn't anything Lowes can do to magically make you compactor appear. The same thing would have happened if you had ordered it somewhere else if they didn't have it in stock at their store.

@Anonymous

I am no dummy. I am well aware of the Whirlpool corporate structure.

Please note the reason I stated for posting my complaint. It is simply to alert potential purchasers of this trash compactor to not count on a date certain for delivery.

Lowe's was not up front with me about uncertain delivery time; instead, Lowe's continued issuing certain dates except for the latest which is "might be three weeks." Normally I wouldn't respond to "anonymous" but since I believe "anonymous" to be a Lowe's spokesperson I take issue with the tenor of your message. If you are a Lowe's spokesperson, please recommend that customer service be upfront with the whole truth before purchase is made.