Englewood, New Jersey

Lowe's, a large credit card service (working through GE) does not allow customers to pay in advance through any type of recurring payment or automatic payment method. This is done to increase revenue.

Lowes does not allow online automatic or even allow one to submit recurring payments through a bank through ebills. As they accept online payments, they have all the information needed and the capability to allow the scheduling of automatic payments but refuse to do so. This increases revenue through late fees and interest also charged on deferred-interest promotional periods.

This is disgusting, unethical business practice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Credit Card.

Comments

tiredofU

How does this cause you to incur late fees? Pay your bill on time thru the pay or the website.

Don't blame them, blame yourself.

You can pay thru your checking account directly and not have them draft it. If they accept online payments, then pay online!

@tiredofU

I agree with author. I travel so much that I have all my credit cards on auto pay.

I thought I had set up Lowes as well and I incurred a late fee and interest.

I was pissed that you can't set up on autopay. This is a revenue increasing tactic pure and simple ripoff.

That's ridiculous, stealing from innocent people!

Lowe's is using Synchrony Bank and so is TJ Max. Somehow TJ Max offers the recurring payment option, but no where to be found on Lowe's.

Even though if you look at their frequently asked questions, it mentions that you can setup recurring payments, but doesn't tell you how. I spent 30 minute looking through the wholes site and it's nowhere to be found.

Disgusting. xp

I agree. And I think you others are missing the point.

Say 20 years ago one of the largest hardware chains decided not to except MAIL and required it to be hand-delivered to the store to make it more inconvenient and thus get more money. It's the same thing. Yes, when I have everything set up autopay, (about 20 different payments) it's annoying when this one company won't, but the point is the REASONING!!

it's AT LEAST poor customer service. And yes, definately their ethics are called in to question as well...

Complete bogus. They allow all of this when you log into your account online, schedule future payments or enroll in recurring payments!

It's very easy to setup. YOU are trying to do this through a third party, ebills, shouldn't your complaint be with them??

Lowes doesn't issue the card, GE does. Your agreement is with GE credit, not Lowes.

If you don't like the terms of the credit agreement don't use the card. Pay with another form of credit.

sessa

So let get this straight, because the credit card company expects YOU to be responsible and pay your bill on time they're unethical?!? Grow up! If you can't manage your credit card accounts responsibly, you shouldn't have them.

@sessa

I agree. And I think you others are missing the point.

It's common practice now, and as said, they do have the capability. I don't know what the first person is saying that it's bogus, because the don't have the option on the card I have or anyone in my familiy either. Say 20 years ago one of the largest hardware chains decided not to except MAIL and required it to be hand-delivered to the store to make it more inconvenient and thus get more money. It's the same thing.

Yes, when I have everything set up autopay, (about 20 different payments) it's annoying when this one company won't, but the point is the REASONING!! If you want to make a relative comment on the post why don't you all comment to that - what's the REASON in them doing this that is so valid that makes this poster "bogus"! If anything...

sgim43
@sessa

see top (I know you need clarification, so "see top" means look at the comment above, which is a reply to you. That means above, you know, up there ^?

Come on... take your finger... no Sessa, your finger... that's your tit.

Put your tit away for Christs sake!

Now take your finger... and scrooooll to the top...)

sgim43
@sessa

It's good sometimes to see things after a few years to see them in a new light an perspective. Looking at these comment's again I can now say that I was wrong about Sessa, she's wasn't slow or dumb...

she was and likely still is absolutely *** moronically retarded and one of the most dense individuals I've ever interacted with on here! Ignorant presumptiveness seems to be exceedingly common with these dimwits with anything that has to do with money, creating false narratives while completely ignoring any of the actual context.

This is seriously a trait of those with low intelligence. I feel a little bad now, because it's likely she's handicapped, probably sitting in a chair drooling right now!