4.5K views

We added a 700 sqft addition to our home using over a dozen gallons of primer and Valspar paint from Lowe's.We painted the room, then installed the floor, thus giving the paint over a week to dry.

One year later, we moved a chair that was in the corner, and it was stuck to the paint on the wall. We pulled the chair away and chunk of wall/paint came off. We also had the same problem with picture frames; paint stuck to the back, causing the pictures to stick to the wall. We literally had to pry the frames off.

I send both an e-mail and written letter, hoping for an apology and maybe an explanation, but nothing.It's just horrible paint, and even worse customer service...TJN

Had an Experience with Lowes?

Comments

I HAVE BEEN PAINTING FOR TEN YEARS AND I HAVE USED BETTER PAINT FROM WALMART ..I USED BECAUSE CUSTOMER REQUESTED COLOR FROM THERE.

ITS BEEN 4 DAYS AND PAINT IS STILL TACKY.. ALSO THE EGGSHELL HAS MORE OF A SEMIGLOSS PAINT SHEEN TO IT.. I KNOW I PREPARED THE WALL RIGHT.

I AM RETURNING TO THE LOWES I BOUGHT IT FROM TO RAISE ***.EXPENSIVE PAINT TO NOT WORK...

You are right that lowe's line of valspar is terrible but don't let that turn you off to valspar all together.The valspar medallion line is a great paint and It's a bit cheaper than behr.

Although I will say behr is still a bit better.Also remember that if your walls are already painted than you don't need to use a primer.

We bought and had our house painted with Valspar exterior paint 9 years age, we notice that acouple years age the paint job started peeling on serveral areas of the house. We contacted Valspar and they were willing to replace the paint (we still had the receipt) We will not use that crappy paint again.

i spent 40.00 for to gallons of ceiling paint that could not cover i one coat white over white,are you kidding?left streaks ,roller marks and i used the recommened type of roller from lowes.now i have to spend double to attempt to make it look acceptable.trying for a refund from lowes today

I am a Lowe's paint associate who has been employed three years in Arizona.I have found that just about every customer I have asked for valspar paint feedback has loved this paint!

Usually if a problem ocurs, it is due to lack of surface preperation,cleaning, priming etc.Gene :roll

Valspar used on wood exterior trim is cracked and peeling in less than 2 years. Terrible paint, will never use again.

VALSPAR SUCKS.I've always used Ben Moore which works beautifully - used Valspar for the first time because of convenience, & they had the colors i needed.

Big mistake. This paint is extremely drippy & on thin side, you can see drips running down the wall from edging. Looks messy.

Not very durable, blocked off areas with blue tape to paint different color, tape completely took paint off.I am an experienced painter, this formula was really disappointing.

Remeber Latex paint takes up to 30 days to fully cure. More than likely the cause of the situation, these items were allowed to come in contact to the walls before they were fully cured allowing them to stick and cure whitch is what caused the peeling:(

I have only ever used Behr and Glidden paints.We went to paint my Fil and husbands barber shop, and my sister in law was in charge of picking up the paint.

I assumed she'd get Behr. Instead she got valspar. HUGE mistake!!! Took three coats of white to cover a very very pale shade of mint green.

It's very watery and cheap paint.

Behr ultra, two coats MAX and my home bathroom looks amazing.Too late for the barber shop though :(