Verified Reviewer

2.0
Poster decreased review rating.

Original review updated by user Nov 10, 2020

I purchased the double smoker / grill unit from Lowes. It was the floor model - already assembled.

It looked so good in so many ways at a much lower price than a Traeger. Got it home and found the side burner tube didn't line up with the valve on the front. Lowes had just left it this way. I didn't appear to have the ability to be turned.

(In the end, I think it may be adjustable even though Pit Boss couldn't describe how to do this.) The tech support person (never signed with a name) was absolutely incompetent in the extreme. They kept coming back with supposed fixes that were outrageous and, frankly, dumb. When I finally asked to speak to a supervisor, they REFUSED and said they would send me a new part. I asked when I could expect the new part and received no answer.

I submitted a new help request which was just to speak to a tech support supervisor and was again REFUSED! I told them I was done talking to them and would find a way to get to someone higher up in the company. And guess what? A supervisor called me.

At least he said he was. I couldn't verify that. We talked for some time and he kept getting to a part where I was to miraculously "turn" the part, but could not explain how to do this. We got disconnected and I called right back - multiple times as he didn't answer.

Left a voice mail. Still no answer or call back. Considering that the temperature control on the smoker also does not work right, I've decided to just take the unit back to Lowes. There is no point staying with a Pitboss with service like this.

Traegers are more expensive, but I know from experience that their customer service is excellent. One gets what one pays for.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pit Boss Grill.

Comments